Next Level F-GT

• Thread starter Mr Sausage
  • 35 comments
Australia
Australia
I did a search but could not find any thread on this updated version of the previous F1-GT model. This new F-GT cockpit looks very nice - it seems to address some of the shortcomings of the previous one, namely a matt powder coated finish and much better adjustability of the various components.

I'm looking to get one of these hopefully in a couple of months. Anyone bought one yet?

https://www.nextlevelracing.com/next-level-racing-f1gt-formula-1-and-gt-simulator-cockpit/

PS: Sorry if there is already a thread - if so please move or delete (but I could not find one).

I'm keen to know people's thoughts on Next Level products and this one in particular. I'm looking to start sim racing. Some reviews of this product indicate a few quality issues in relation to bolt holes etc. I'm looking to buy a rig soon so please share your experience

I'll be happy to post my observations but I have to get a major house move out of the way first, so unfortunately I'm a couple of months out at the earliest (I'm hoping to get it before Christmas though - I think I will go nuts if I don't). Let's hope others get their hands on it in the meantime. I'm not really expecting perfection with a $500 US product but hopefully it is still a good improvement over the old one - like you the quality issues with the F1-GT put me off despite the low price point.

It looks pretty flimsy. I have a great omega art rig that until recently have been happy with, it looks more solid that the one in your picture above but it still moves and flexes a bit.
Am going to purchase an 8020 rig in a month when they become available here, those things are rock solid and have so much adjustability.

I'm keen to know people's thoughts on Next Level products and this one in particular. I'm looking to start sim racing. Some reviews of this product indicate a few quality issues in relation to bolt holes etc. I'm looking to buy a rig soon so please share your experience

Hey Judsim,

I have the f1gt rig, and the monitor stand they sell for it. I use a t300 base, ferrari f1 rim, and fanatac V3 pedals. For me it has been very solid, they only flex I notice is occasionally the upper part of the seat flexes back when I break really hard (in game the braking force usually results in locking up and crashing, so waaaaay too hard).

The negatives for me have more to do with the set up I need because of my (lack of) height. I am 5'7" using the seat in its F1 config and getting the pedal mount, wheel mount, And monitor stand to all fit for my height means that the pedals are all the way back on the rig, and I have to adjust the seat forward on its track. This results in the pedals being lower than they should be for a true f1 seating position.
This could probably be fixed with a more traditional monitor stand, but my set up doesn't allow for it.

I'm not saying we've got one in to review, but:

20180924_152000.jpg

Thank you to all those who commented please keep them coming. I'll probably pair mine with the Thrustmaster TS-SW and pro pedals. My main concern with this unit is not only flex, but whether they have actually fixed the bolt holes alignment they previous version suffered from. If I get mine before this is commented on I'll update accordingly

I did a search but could not find any thread on this updated version of the previous F1-GT model. This new F-GT cockpit looks very nice - it seems to address some of the shortcomings of the previous one, namely a matt powder coated finish and much better adjustability of the various components.

I'm looking to get one of these hopefully in a couple of months. Anyone bought one yet?

https://www.nextlevelracing.com/next-level-racing-f1gt-formula-1-and-gt-simulator-cockpit/

PS: Sorry if there is already a thread - if so please move or delete (but I could not find one).

Go visit https://harrismuhammad.com

I'm not saying we've got one in to review, but:

View attachment 768733

Well in my house move I'm up to the eyeballs in bubble wrap and would like to see the end of it. But I don't think I've ever been more excited to see bubble wrap than in that photo!! And that is the first time I've seen the seat close up enough to appreciate the material and texture. Looks much nicer than I thought it would be.

It looks pretty flimsy. I have a great omega art rig that until recently have been happy with, it looks more solid that the one in your picture above but it still moves and flexes a bit.
Am going to purchase an 8020 rig in a month when they become available here, those things are rock solid and have so much adjustability.
I too would be interested in a 8020 rig, you say they will be available in a month in oz ?
can you point me to the company or website selling in Australia please.
cheers

Thanks Beef36, looks very solid, depends if they are on par with the likes of Monstertech and simlabs for price.
I saw on the FB page for simdrive that they are going to sell for around $2500, not sure what that includes, apparently it can be swapped between a great seating position and an open wheeler style. This was very attractive to me until I saw the price. Trak racer are an alternative, theirs should also be on pre order soon and when quizzed on their FB page said it would be around $950. It is a steal at that price so I know which way I will go. It might not have the bells and whistles of the simdrive one but no reason why you can't buy bits and pieces to add to it. The only thing that was a bit clunky looking on the trak racer o e was the monitor stand but they said they would work on that.

The Trak racer looks pretty good, decent price too. A oz company that makes and sells something like the German Monstertech rig for the right price will make a killing, it's only the cost of shipping that prevents me from going that way for a rig. Thanks for the link F1Aussie, i will take a serious look at the Trak racer option.

The Trak racer looks pretty good, decent price too. A oz company that makes and sells something like the German Monstertech rig for the right price will make a killing, it's only the cost of shipping that prevents me from going that way for a rig. Thanks for the link F1Aussie, i will take a serious look at the Trak racer option.
No worries, yes I think it will sell well, I know I will jump on board as soon as it is available.

I prefer the Trakracer RS8 Mach 6 over anything that Next Level offers, however I am concerned I won't fit in the seat as my waist is 37 inches. Their website says the seat suits waists up to 34 inches however I believe that might refer to the older seat (used up to the Mach 4) to which they have now added just under an inch extra width (so it might be good for my size now). Anyway, I plan to go to Trakracer to try and fit in their rig but if I don't, it will have to be one of the Next Level rigs instead.

I prefer the Trakracer RS8 Mach 6 over anything that Next Level offers, however I am concerned I won't fit in the seat as my waist is 37 inches. Their website says the seat suits waists up to 34 inches however I believe that might refer to the older seat (used up to the Mach 4) to which they have now added just under an inch extra width (so it might be good for my size now). Anyway, I plan to go to Trakracer to try and fit in their rig but if I don't, it will have to be one of the Next Level rigs instead.
Can you post your findings here? I am going to buy their 8020 rig when it releases and I don't think I will fit in their seat. The thing I don't get is why it has a 160kg weight rating for only 34 inches as 34 is actually bloody small.

I will but it is going to be a long time before I ever get down there to try and sit in it since I am still waiting to move house first. But you are completely correct - I've only known two blokes my age with 34 inch waists. One looks constantly anaemic and in need of norishment and the other is just one of those rare people who has a very slender ectomorphic frame and never put on any weight in his entire life. I once went on a crazy diet to get down to a 35 inch waist (so still too big for this rig) and I never felt worse in my life. I was constantly hungry, felt chronically weak, lazy and irritable all the time. I then "fattened up" an extra 6 kg and that made all the difference. So I'm certainly not going below my natural weight just to fit into a nice simming rig!!

btw, have you noticed that the only reviewers of these Trakracer products are all ectomorphs? Lucky them. Not so lucky the rest of us.

No, I haven't noticed that, guess didn't look that close. I used to be an ectomorph then I hit my forties and turned into a Jabba the Huttomorph. I would have thought 34 inch is unrealistic for an adult male, I think the website also says that it is extra large seat in size. If 34 inch is extra large then they must see the average male adult as being jockey size, lol.

I’m 6’5, 16st and only have a 34” waist and I can tell you I’m a lot bigger than the average male.

One thing to consider with the seat sizing is width is very different to circumference. So carrying a lot of excess weight front to back isn’t really an issue.

I was worried I wouldn’t fit into my Sparco Rev II as the site shows it as only being 33cm wide (and that’s the larger size!) and I measured myself as wider than that but I still have a bit of space to spare once in it.

My problem is my width - if you look at me side on I am slim, but I have Daniel Ricciardo hips. Just my hip bones and rib cage edge to edge are at the very limits of the Trakracer seat width over those areas, so for me the seats are going to represent a width problem around the hips and rib cage, even though there is very little body fat adding any width over and above my hip and rib cage bone structure. In other words, my width (which as you say is the critical thing with these racing seats) is already defined and limited by my bone structure. But as you also intimate, I might surprise myself and wonder what all the concern was about.

I am around 40 inches around the waist am 186cm and about 120kg, even when I drop weight I dont go lower than about 38 around the waist, and I have pretty small hips to be honest, or maybe my wide back just makes it look like that

If it helps i have the RS8 mach 5, I'm 6ft3 and am a 34-36 waist depending on fit. The seat is so comfortable and isnt a squeeze, also great for my height. Im so pleased with the rig and would recommend anyone to get one.

For anyone interested I hope to get down to Melbourne Friday this week to see if I am able to fit into the RS8 Mach 6 cockpit. As a "proper sized" bloke (82 kg, 178 cm but unfortunately with a wide rib cage and hip bones) I'm not particularly confident, but I will report back nonetheless :)

North-eastern regional Vic - it is basically a whole day of travelling there and back. There are no other showrooms closer than Melbourne unfortunately. But the whole-day return trip will be worth it so that I know one way or the other.

North-eastern regional Vic - it is basically a whole day of travelling there and back. There are no other showrooms closer than Melbourne unfortunately. But the whole-day return trip will be worth it so that I know one way or the other.
I am in the other direction, north west. Good luck, I am hanging out for the 8020 to release, been waiting for it for a number of months now.

Back