Next Week's GT Sport Update is Set to Add Wet Weather Tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely Red Bull Ring and Northern Isle Speedway will only have rain this update. But if there are more tracks with rain, I think they'd probably be Nurburgring, Le Mans, SSRX, or a few other real world courses because not every track featured rain in Gran Turismo 6 as well. Ones that did were mostly real world courses.

As Ap1 owner I'm super excited about this, it made my day.

Finally a premium ap1 in the game!

Does Kazanori San not own an AP1 race car himself? That would be another fun addition. I'm curious which mods he chose for his track s2k and how often it gets used.

mef
Does Kazanori San not own an AP1 race car himself? That would be another fun addition. I'm curious which mods he chose for his track s2k and how often it gets used.

Remember the Opera S2000 from GT4? I have a conspiracy theory that Kaz has this thing locked up somewhere and maybe takes it out at night Batman style. You’re welcome to research it yourself - this car exists only in a magazine featurette and a single build video. No information whatsoever exists on the car’s current whereabouts and there’s no footage of it racing anywhere. It was a joint venture between PD/Opera and PD “made” the car in-game first and then they built the car based on that. So it would make sense the car would end up in Kaz’s hands.

Remember the Opera S2000 from GT4? I have a conspiracy theory that Kaz has this thing locked up somewhere and maybe takes it out at night Batman style. You’re welcome to research it yourself - this car exists only in a magazine featurette and a single build video. No information whatsoever exists on the car’s current whereabouts and there’s no footage of it racing anywhere. It was a joint venture between PD/Opera and PD “made” the car in-game first and then they built the car based on that. So it would make sense the car would end up in Kaz’s hands.
Wow 14 years and never knew that info about that brand. :cheers:

is it weird that when I first saw it, I thought it's a GT6 pic until I look up the driver
cuz it genuinely looks like GT6 when you didn't double-check it (from what I can tell ar least)

Everyone seems very excited for some wet weather racing... But is the GTPlanet forum ready for an influx of complaints about being taken out by drivers who actually cant handle the rain ?
Rain is not essential for virtual racing, but I understand it is a valid feature to have more variety in the game.
And I belive that if the rain comes to Sport Mode the race quality will decrease. It's inevitable, but there has to be rain in the game.

Interesting article here on it all:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-talk-73/archives-opera-performance-678685/

mef
As Ap1 owner I'm super excited about this, it made my day.

Finally a premium ap1 in the game!

He helped creating the Amuse S2000, which is basically a race car.

Everyone seems very excited for some wet weather racing... But is the GTPlanet forum ready for an influx of complaints about being taken out by drivers who actually cant handle the rain ?

Oh, we were born ready :D

Plenty of info out there about this car on Yasukichi Yamamoto's instagram account. The car wasn't "built" in GT first it was built by Yamamoto. He has raced with Kaz in 24hrs of Nurburgring, and the S2000 is safe and sound in his shop. There is also a ton of info on the step by step build process on his account.

Source: look at my ****ing profile image.

Looking forward to the Opera liveries!

I wonder if there will be an option for rain lamps/fog lamps on/off.
At tracks where lights are on and night time, if the track is wet, should have those particular lights engaged.
Since rain is going to be present soon, I think it'd be also good if it would feature actual traction controls for cars as well.

In the previous titles, there used to be the Torque Distributing Center Differential available for 4WD vehicles in the game, which can really help a lot in tracks with wet surfaces when set to 50F/50R. I'm not sure if this is also present in GT Sport.

Well, I speak Portuguese, and I can translate "camades of nebline" as 'fog layers'. ;)
Yeah that's the typical Anglo-Portuguese hybrid. Just add "e" at the end of the word and speak it with a rough English accent. I've learnt most of us Portuguese speakers aren't really qualified to speak English xD

Since rain is going to be present soon, I think it'd be also good if it would feature actual traction controls for cars as well.

In the previous titles, there used to be the Torque Distributing Center Differential available for 4WD vehicles in the game, which can really help a lot in tracks with wet surfaces when set to 50F/50R. I'm not sure if this is also present in GT Sport.
I believe torque split is in the HUD. I used it on the Gr.B WRX Road Car, in the NAtions race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back