NFS 2021 - Your Feedback!

Which cars do you want for NFS 2021? - Feedback

• Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, Mazda RX-8, Nissan Skyline GT-R R33, Mitsubishi 3000GT, Nissan 370z

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Nissan Silvia S14, Honda CRX, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI, Evo X, Subaru Impreza 22b

• STi Hawkeye, Blobeye, WRX STi 2004, Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R, Infiniti G35

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toyota Supra MK3, Supra SZ-R 1997, Celica GT-Four, Celica GT-S, Lexus LC500, IS300, RCF, LFA

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Ford Mustang Fastback, Mustang Mach 1, Shelby Cobra, Shelby GT500, Dodge Challenger R/T

• Chevrolet Corvette C2 Stingray, Corvette C3, 70’s Camaro, Corvette C8 2020, Ford Bronco 2021

• Toyot GR Supra A90 2020, GT86, AE86, Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody 2020, Ferrari F50

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Peugeot 206 GTI , 106 GTI, Lancia Delta Evo Integrale, Lamborghini Sián 2020, Maserati GranTurismoS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clanky Deer

(Banned)
Portugal
Portugal
This thread is for fun and for entertainment. It's important to see the things you want for the next NFS game, even though it's a little early but your Feedback is important.

- Do you like NFS Heat?

- Which cars you want to see in the game? American, European or JDM Cars?

- Which game style? Heat, Most Wanted or Underground?

- Which car should be in the cover?

- Which event should return?

- Do you want cop events or not?

- Speedlist comeback or not?

- Which game mode do you want to return? Challenge Series, Quick Race or My Cars (Customize in NFS U2)?

- Which city you want NFS 2021 to be based on?

- Do you want EA TRAX to return or not?

- How do you want the handling to be like? Heat, Underground-Most Wanted, Hot Pursuit 2010 or NFS 2015?

Answer the questions in the comments.

I wish either a HP2010 remaster this year or a Hot Pursuit 4 next year.It's been too long since we got a good classic NFS game back in 2010.Free roam is not a must but I dont say no to it.However I dont want to see ricers custom in next NFS or an embarrassing story nobody cares after finish the game.Racing games like NFS should be simply about race/chase.Also Heat is a disappointment considering EA stated Back to the Roots pre-release.

I wish either a HP2010 remaster this year or a Hot Pursuit 4 next year.It's been too long since we got a good classic NFS game back in 2010.Free roam is not a must but I dont say no to it.However I dont want to see ricers custom in next NFS or an embarrassing story nobody cares after finish the game.Racing games like NFS should be simply about race/chase.Also Heat is a disappointment considering EA stated Back to the Roots pre-release.

Which cars you would like to see? Lamborghini Murcielago? JDM Cars like the latest RX8 and Lancer Evolution X?

Which cars you would like to see? Lamborghini Murcielago? JDM Cars like the latest RX8 and Lancer Evolution X?
If it is a HP2021 then next gen big Lambo(Which rumored to be out in 2021) the hero cars of previous HP titles(Diablo SV/Murcielago/Zonda Cinque/Murcielago SV)JDMs arent needed in a HP game so they arent a must but a welcomed addition for variety.Current Hypercars like Speedtail/Chiron/Jesko and others should be in the list.If Ferrari returns(since they missed last HP2010) I want F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari/360(from HP2)/575M/812/F8/SF90 Stradale as the whole collection.As for other brands-a current version of HP2010's car list will be great.As for cover car-new Big Lambo as new intro/cover cop car and McLaren Speedtail races with Ferrari SF90(or Valkyrie/AMG Project 1)in a natural scenic setting in intro/cover.

This thread is for fun and for entertainment. It's important to see the things you want for the next NFS game, even though it's a little early but your Feedback is important.

- Do you like NFS Heat? - Yes till i got to R50 and finished everything and it was just boring to drive around in that empty soulless map not even the p1 gtr can save it for me,

- Which cars you want to see in the game? American, European or JDM Cars? European ;)

- Which game style? Heat, Most Wanted or Underground? :lol: One that doesn't get boring after you finished everything

- Which car should be in the cover? P1 GTR :lol:

- Which event should return? Don;t care just make more of them.

- Do you want cop events or not? 👎 NOPE

- Speedlist comeback or not? :indiff:

- Which game mode do you want to return? Challenge Series, Quick Race or My Cars (Customize in NFS U2)? :indiff:

- Which city you want NFS 2021 to be based on? Tokyo Japan :bowdown:

- Do you want EA TRAX to return or not? :indiff:

- How do you want the handling to be like? Heat, Underground-Most Wanted, Hot Pursuit 2010 or NFS 2015? Project Cars :lol:

Last edited:
- Do you like NFS Heat?

Can't say I've played it yet.

No strong preference, but I think it could be neat if all the cars in a given installment were of the same market as its region. So for example, if a game's map is based on an American town, then the available Nissan GT-R R35 could be some special USDM trim, like the Premium Edition seen in Gran Turismo Sport.

I'm not sure. I think they all have room for improvement and refinement.

I really don't know, it'd likely depend on a variety of other factors.

While I never played Payback, that Speedcross mode looked fun. I think it'll return in Heat via DLC, as well as drag racing, given that there are parts within Heat that refer to both modes. At least, I think there were.

Maybe not events, per say, but I like how they were in MW2005/Carbon, where they felt like this intimidating predator you had to hide from. I'm not a fan of how in Heat, totaling police cars just exacerbates your situation - it should be a way to lose them, with more time spent in the pursuit translating to a higher heat level, like in MW2005/Carbon.

Possibly, but only if there's more variety in the restrictions. Like maybe there could be a speedlist for PR199 and PR299 cars, or events that limit the selection of eligible vehicles.

- Which game mode do you want to return? Challenge Series, Quick Race or My Cars (Customize in NFS U2)?

Challenge series sounds good.

If we're going to stick with American cities - so far it's been Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Miami - then maybe another city on the east coast, like NYC + Long Island. I think Pittsburgh could be fun, especially with all the bridges and elevation changes.

Does it really matter? It seems like it's just a label.

- How do you want the handling to be like? Heat, Underground-Most Wanted, Hot Pursuit 2010 or NFS 2015?

Never played NFS2015, so probably a little more like the Black Box games. But I liked Hot Pursuit 2010, too.

- Do you like NFS Heat?

NO,a false Back to the Root statement makes me hate this rubbish game

Cars in previous commet

Hot Pursuit

Cars mentioned in previous comment

Be the Cop/Interceptor/Hot Pursuit

Must have

No

Hot Pursuit

Natural Scenic Route like Classic era NFS

No

Criterion style or EA Canada style(from NFS1-6)

- Do you like NFS Heat?

NO,a false Back to the Root statement makes me hate this rubbish game

Cars in previous commet

Hot Pursuit

Cars mentioned in previous comment

Be the Cop/Interceptor/Hot Pursuit

Must have

No

Hot Pursuit

Natural Scenic Route like Classic era NFS

No

Criterion style or EA Canada style(from NFS1-6)

Criterion style handling is garbage along with its trash pursuit tech.

I hope these two features never return at all.

I rate NFS Heat higher than both criterion made ones in 2010 and 2012. Nfs most wanted 2012 is actually considered one of the worst nfs games.

I rate NFS Heat higher than both criterion made ones in 2010 and 2012. Nfs most wanted 2012 is actually considered one of the worst nfs games.

Which cars do you want for the next game?

I liked Criterion NFS because I was Burnout player during NFS Ricer Era.Criterion handling is stable between games.Hence why I prefer it.As for pursuit tech I agree Criterion overused it in HP2010,but still with a great sense of SPEED(It's NEED FOR SPEED afterall)So Criterion did a great job with HP2010(MW2012 was rushed 2 years before its originally planned release date ,so all we get is the Burnout 6 without Burnout name)

- Do you like NFS Heat?
Yes, I really liked Need For Speed Heat, too bad for a multiplayer mode limited to only 16 people and for the initial problems it had at launch as sudden crashes if you had the car a little too elaborate aesthetically.

I would like many more Japanese cars of different categories starting from more legendary cars by adding for example Mitsubishi GTO, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V, Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 V-Spec, Nissan Stagea 260RS Autech Edition, Toyota Chaser Type V, and then move on to various sub categories like K-Cars, Station Wagons, luxury cars and even vans!

I would like it very fast and frenetic a mixture between that of Underground and Heat.

Honda NSX Type R (NA2) & Toyota GR Supra Mk5.

The duels in the canyon, the drifts in the canyon, the team races, the drift events inside an arena, the Drag competitions both in the city and in particular places, races on tracks (such as URLs), Racing on the highway and maybe time trials.

Events with the police I would like if they were like those of Hot Pursuit 2010 where you can use upgrades, or as in Test Drive Unlimited 2 where if someone did too much damage or annoyed the players you could give the possibility to arrest someone!

No.

None.

Tokyo, Yokohama, Kyoto and with mountain sections based on Haruna, Akina and Hakone.

No.

Here too a mixture of Heat & Underground/Carbon.

I am a big fan of Japanese culture, and I would like someone after such a long time to be able to revive that type of thing. It is no coincidence that I am a huge fan of the Tokyo Xtreme Racer & Kaido Racer series.

Last edited:
Ok Guys I think you know the surprising news about Criterion becoming responsible for future NFS Games and also NFS Heat future updates.

Now here's few confirmed things:

- Max Myrus will continue to be the Community Manager of NFS Reddit.

- Ben Walke had meetings with Criterion and talked about what the people liked about NFS Heat and the improvements to make.

- Majority of people who were working on Ghost Games will go back to Criterion.

- The next game will have customization.

- Also someone who worked as Art Director or Designer for Cars will continue the same in Criterion (customization renderings)

- Criterion will continue the support for NFS Heat with upcoming updates.

Now continue with your feedback right here on this forum.

- Do you like NFS Heat? Yes

- Which cars you want to see in the game? American, European or JDM Cars? JDM Cars

- Which game style? Heat, Most Wanted or Underground? Heat & Underground 2

- How do you want the handling to be like? Heat, Underground-Most Wanted, Hot Pursuit 2010 or NFS 2015? Heat

- Bring back the Dyno & Tunning

PD @Overload_35 that suggestion of Tokyo Xtreme Racer uff I love that game driving the Subaru GC Body. I don't remember perfectly but to race you need to flash lights that was cool.

Last edited:
- Do you like NFS Heat?

I sure don't hate it. That's a yes...?

All of these, but with a twist. I want an NFS Prostreet-style list. Like, the McLaren 720S should be the top tier car in the game. No extreme hypercars. No Pagani either. Keep it grounded, have cars that people actually customize. Can't do JDM only because the tuner culture extends far beyond JDM. Can you imagine an NFS without an RWB Porsche after NFS15, or without the M3 GTR? I can't.

None of these. NFS15! I really didn't like the whole Latino aspect of Heat, not my thing. NFS15 with more exploration like Underground would be nice, but also with a full day/night cycle while retaining the ability to jump between day/night as needed.

Definitely not Hot Pursuit, though. That ship has sailed. It was cringey to play a "reboot" with nitrous, vehicular weaponry and the ability to crash the opposition out of the race, none of which were in the classic. Even the routes don't hold a candle to NFSIII. Boring map with too wide roads.

Nissan GT-R50 or the new BMW M4 as a nod to the M3 GTR.

I liked Touge in NFS15, with better physics and AI it could be rad. Street-X from Underground 2 with good physics has some potential as well. Maybe also Highway Runs from Undercover.

Yes, but player should take much less damage from impact. Cops can't have it easy, they need to require more than playing bumper cars to bust you.

Yes, as long as there's no locked stuff behind it.

Quick Race akin to Blueprint feature from Forza Horizon.

Chicago or Paris. You can do Tokyo in pretty much any beautiful city with fast tuner cars at night.

Indifferent. Want more electronica and less hip hop.

Underground 2 with some improvements to physics to make it more believable. NFS15 is the worst of them, Hot Pursuit was what gave us the bad handling model we currently have in NFS, and Most Wanted has no drift.

But what NFS really needs is for someone to code physics that make you believe the car is riding on tires. In every game released by Criterion and Ghost it feels as if the cars had only two modes, grip and drift, with no smooth transition between them, which leads to the dreaded crabwalking. When exiting a drift and accelerating, the car will tend to go straight, because of caster, but it doesn't mean you can't steer, like it happens in games made by Ghost sometimes.

- How do you want the handling to be like? Heat, Underground-Most Wanted, Hot Pursuit 2010 or NFS 2015? Project Cars :lol:

Wow, just imagine kid's face after he load this up. You're an evil man:)

- Do you like NFS Heat?

Yes. Some aspects are quite great, some moderate.

- Which cars you want to see in the game?
American, European or JDM Cars?

European, before 2010, and after mid 80's mostly. Road, race and exotic.

High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed, something like cop chases all over the world, through different automotive eras. Could start even in 1930 to 2030.

The cover could look like something old Ferrari going away from an old Mercedes cop car on the left and 991 Porsche is going away from cop Aventador on the right. On background some natural scenery with a mountain and waterfall and forest.

Highway sprint from Prostreet. And factory driver from Porsche Unleashed.

I'm not a cop guy, so can't imagine what those would probably want, but yes.

If it's possible to put inside whole concept, doubt about it.

Quick races, and high stake races and online lobbies.

International, cool made from a scratch circuits.

I want all of them being electronic, but for example for an older era it can play nu jazz tracks, for 70's funky vibes, and so on, current electronic scene can cover everything.

I'm not that brutal, let it be Prostreet or, Heat ok, for an accessibility, and why not have both.

- Do you like NFS Heat?
Yes. It's my favorite of the Ghost trilogy, but it's not without its gripes.​

Doesn't really mater which market just more older and/or what would be lower end to middle tier cars in the current games. For instance, a Ford GT or Aventador type car should be the fastest car you can buy stock in the game in my opinion. While I appreciate these super duper hyper cars, I'm not buying them a modern NFS game. I want a customizable car and usually the highest tier cars aren't so I rarely, if ever, buy them. But in the same breath, I'd hate if say the McLaren F1 wasn't in the next game. Also less duplicate convertible versions.

But speaking of customizing, I was surprised how many actual race cars and race car inspired body kits there were and I'd love to see more of them. Maybe even time attack aero for some cars. Overall I'd like to also see more generic parts for all cars like a rear wing with fins (the 06 WRC WRX rear wing) or whole fender arch extensions (ala Pandem). Also way more wheels. The customizing is in a good place and though its not some people's cup of tea I love just how outrageous you can make some cars look.
The game should be open world with a lot of car customization still. But as for gameplay loop, I don't really know. The most I could really suggest would just be enhancements on top of Heat. So lets just go with Heat for now.
The coolest one.​

Roaming racers. It makes the world feel a little more alive when not online (though they shouldn't disappear when you do go online). Maybe have a wanderer system like the Genki games.
For an actual event; There was one race in NFS2015 where you had to have a car with under 300 hp to start the event and IIRC that's the only event in the Ghost trilogy with a restriction (other than Payback's car classes). So basically more restricted events to make players diversify their garages; like NA only races or FWD only races.
Also bring back highway races, but that's just the TXR fan in me talking again. :D
Absolutely (if it fits into the game, that is).​

I'm not really an online player but I don't see why not.​

Be the Cop mode. I'm surprised it isn't in Heat already.
But since you already asked that, I think the Challenge series in MW and Carbon is pretty fun. I know some people wont want this but maybe work it into a The Crew 2 Summit style weekly event with unique prizes for the top whatever% of drivers. Just something to do for players to keep playing after they've maxed everything.
Also actual tuning would be nice.​

I think a Portland or a New England style city would be the next logical step. Or you can just jump the shark and go straight for Japan.
Heat's map honestly was a big let down for me personally. While there was some nice density to the map and most of the tracks flowed well, there were way too many lazy wide radius hairpins disguised as twisties and it made the middle of the map a bore to drive. But maybe a map more like 2015 or Payback where the map is just just big for a maxed out car and still has plenty of spots for fun in a lower end car. Heat felt like it was only meant to be driven in 400 grade cars.
Doesn't matter really, but sure why not. The main problem I have with the Heat soundtrack is that there's about 90 minutes of music total and it's all from 2 genres. Ideally though, there'd be an option to add our own soundtrack/songs.​

I like Heat's handling but a little more nuance between grip and drifting would be nice. I haven't played any of the other games recently enough to comment on their handling.​

Last edited:
- Do you like NFS Heat?
A: Yes, I definitely enjoyed NFS Heat, although there are some elements of the game I didn't.

A: I'm more of a JDM guy, so more JDM cars would be nice. Cars that they had in NFS Heat was pretty good.
But here's what I wanna see:
1. More McLarens, like the 765LT, the new Artura & the Senna. These should be the high tier cars, especially the Artura.
2. The Porsche 918 in Heat should stay cause I love that car. The RWB Porsches should also stay, I love those.
3. As for JDMs, I want the Nissan Skyline R33 with the customization option to turn it to the 400R version, complete with it's own 400R LM GT1 wheels. So the Godzilla gang would be complete, R32, R33, R34 and the GTR. And maybe include the Italdesign GTR as well why not.
4. The MK4 Supra, this should always be in any NFS game.
5. Classic Mitsubishis like the Evo 6 and the Evo 4.
6. More Hondas maybe? Like the Honda Accord Euro R and the Civic Si Coupe.

A: Heat is definitely a step in the right direction but Underground had something none other racing games had. And I don't really know what it is. It's just too damn good. But Heat was good, the Day/Night feature was really good. There's a lot of good things about Heat but I wouldn't say it's perfect.

A: Maybe the new Artura? Idk. I'll leave the cover car to the developers. I'm fine with any car as the cover.

A: Maybe races similar to the downhill Canyon races they had in NFS Carbon. Really enjoyed those downhill-touge type races.

A: Sure, why not. But keep the cop system like they had in Heat. Cops should be around the world in free roam, any illegal activities (high speed driving, speedtraps, jumps, drifting in free roam) should trigger a cop chase.

A: Sure, why not.

A: All of the above.

A: Somewhere in Europe would be nice, but any city is fine. Although, I do love open roads, something like what they had in NFS Payback. The open road, the long interstate highways or something like the Bayshore Route aka the Wangan. Love it. NFS map should be big, and I mean big, an open world playground with different environments, the open road, the busy bustling highways, the claustrophobic tight turns, the winding seaside roads. Hell yeah.

A: Yea, sure.

A: I'm all for realistic handling but NFS isn't really about realism and if I want realistic racing, I might as well play something like Assetto Corsa or Forza, so the handling they had in Heat is pretty enjoyable to say the least, it's not perfect but I do enjoy it.

Last edited:
- Do you like NFS Heat?
I enjoy it

I love JDM cars but a mix of Eurpean and some classic American muscle is good

Underground was my favorite version

the new Supra if they could get licensed or maybe the new NSX

I like the drift events maybe. I wouldn't mind an occasional time attack as well

If they keep like it is in Heat that will cool

not sure

all of them

It would be nice if they could do like the old midnight club where you travel to different cities maybe 4 or 5 would be great

Don't care for that

Heat is fine

- Do you like NFS Heat? Uh... Kinda lol, I didn't find myself going back to it as much as Payback and even 2015 but it is definitely a step in the right direction for the series.

- Which cars you want to see in the game? American, European or JDM Cars? I'm gonna say all three, I don't really look at cars in terms of nationality, I look at them in terms of the 3 different car cultures they belong to, being JDM/Tuner car culture, Muscle Car Culture and Exotic/Supercar culture, and to that I say more of all of them please

- Which game style? Heat, Most Wanted or Underground? This is a really odd question considering a lot of them share elements with each other but I'm gonna say Heat since it is an amalgamation of those two games.

- Which car should be in the cover? The Lotus Evija, or a new Hypercar, we don't need track cars in a game about illegal street racing.

- Which event should return? A bunch of events that have appeared throughout the span of the series, Drifting, Touge/Canyon Racing, Drag Races, Highway Battles, Speedtraps and Time Attack events from Heat, I think they should really stop throwing stuff out and putting t back in general tbh.

- Do you want cop events or not? I'm not sure what this means but... sure, in the form of missions definitely.

- Speedlist comeback or not? I'm not sure why it wouldn't return lol, yes

- Which game mode do you want to return? Challenge Series, Quick Race or My Cars (Customize in NFS U2)? Challenge Series maybe, but these features seem very of their time.

- Which city you want NFS 2021 to be based on? An amalgam of different places, Tokyo, the Mountains of Japan, Las Vegas and Inner City Detroit, LA and San Diego especially

- Do you want EA TRAX to return or not? Sure, but regardless of what it's called it should be a blend of popular sounds and not so popular sounds like all great video game soundtracks are.

- How do you want the handling to be like? Heat, Underground-Most Wanted, Hot Pursuit 2010 or NFS 2015? Elements of all of the above, but I think Rivals has the most accessible handlng model out of all the games, it's somewhere between believable and Arcade and I love it

Latest Posts

Back