NFS Hot Pursuit 3

SuperShouden

(Banned)
SuperShouden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvy8TbjzbFk

scroll down to see the NFS HP Race banners taken by GTTV at E3. Supposedly this is the Criterion Games project, but there's not sign of their logo anywhere, and EA has mentioned 3 different NFS titles: World, the Criterion project due early 2011 and another NFS title that is due about summer 2011. This could be the other project. Perhaps we'll see Underground 3 or Most Wanted 2 or even a High Stakes 2

Last edited:
Indeed from Criterion games.

Features:
- Two career modes: Cops and Racers (Suggested from trailer that every car will have a Pursuit version...even the Bugatti Veyron)

- New Need For Speed Connect community feature will allow players to quickly find out how their friends are doing.

- Use of directional buttons to deploy spikes and what-not

- "Open World Pursuits" - needforspeed.com

- Cars Seen:

Race:
Lamborghini LP670 SV
Koinigsegg CCX
Ford GT
Porsche Cayenne
McLaren MP12-4c
Pagani Zonda Cinque
Audi TT RS Coupe (Pre-order bonus)
Chevy Camaro SS (Pre-order bonus)
Audi S4/A4 (traffic)
Porsche 911 GT3
Ford Shelby Mustang GT500
Lamboghini Gallardo
Mercedes SLS
Alfa Romeo 8C
Porsche 918 Roadster
Koinigsegg Agera
Dodge Challenger
Mitsubishi Evo X
Mazda RX-8
Nissan 370Z Roadster
Mazda 3
Porsche Boxster Spyder
BMW Z4 sDrive
Dodge Viper ACR
Maserati GranTurismo convertable
Porsche Panamara
Jaguar XKR
Aston Martin DB9
Dodge Charger SRT-8

Pursuit:
Lamborghini Reventon
Bugatti Veryon 16.4
Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Challenger SRT8 (Pre-order bonus)
Porsche Cayman S Pursuit (Pre-order bonus)
Ford Shelby Mustang GT500
Dodge Charger SRT8
Dodge Viper SRT10
McLaren MP12-4c
Porsche Panamara
Pagani Zonda Cinque
Nissan 370Z
Porsche 918 Roadster
Nissan GT-R V-spec
Lamborghini LP670 SV
Nissan 370Z
Ford Crown Vic
Ford Interceptor
Subaru Impreza (hot hatch)
Mazda RX-8
Maserati GranTurismo S

Traffic:
Porsche Cayanne
Nissan Titan
Nissan Quest
Nissan G35
Dodge Magnum
Dodge Ram

Last edited:
I'm loving it. It even has that Hot Pursuit-esque environment from the second game.

Anything from Criterion is worth looking at. 👍

I had no idea that Criterion was working on this. Things should presumably be EPIC, assuming that they avoid the awkwardness that was experienced by NFS: Shift. Color me excited!

agreed. The demo that they showed looked like it was even a track from HP2. And I love the possible aspect of having Pursuit versions of all the cars and two careers. There was two careers in HP2, but this time it's Racer vs. Cop instead of Cops vs. No Cops.

I thought I saw Porsche SUVs at the Roadblocks, which might mean SUVs are back in the game, as well.

The Vehicle list should be interesting to see. But the visuals are AWESOME!

Looks good, well the concept of it anyway. I'm not going to judge visual's yet seeming the trailer could be CGI'd to hell and back. However, I love the idea that it's going old school again. Infact it's what the fans have wanted for a long time. Let's hope they get that great mix between arcade and sim physics that the old one had. 👍

That trailer was awesome. Looks like it's using a variant of the Burnout Paradise engine, which is a good thing - if there's one thing Criterion does stupidly well, it's making a great arcade race engine with insane visuals and the BP engine was perfect in that regard 👍

Shift left a sour taste in my mouth and has made me reluctant to go anywhere near a NFS game ever again, but Criterion are awesome so I might have to give this a look when it releases :)

does this mean the next game will be High Stakes 2? or maybe Underground 3?

:drool:DUUUDE! if they re-made high stakes or made a sequel...i'd cry.....with joy. I hope they never make another underground...another pro street would be nice though. But I'm happy they are making a new hot pursuit.

WOW, that trailer was truly EPIC!!.:drool: I'm really excited for this game now, I have been wanting another hot pursuit for years, no.2 is still in my opinion one of the best games ever!. I just hope this is nothing like the games that followed HP2 and the physics are half decent, but as Criterion are making it i'm sure it will be great.👍

If I can, I'll post a link to the gameplay demo that was showed at E3...or if anyone else, can, that'd be great as well. Everything looks awesome. From what they showed, when battling against a friend online, it looks like it uses Burnout's Critical Damage system, and you basically try to stop, or ram your opponent until his car can run no more (ending in a stylish explosion and roll over in the demo shown). Which is nice. This means chases won't last forever.

thanks speedster.

Also: In the demo shown, the racer turned around and went the opposite direction. That would mean: NO SET DIRECTION DURING PURSUITS! YAY!!!!! Now, if you know there's a roadblack up ahead, you can turn around. This was true in Most Wanted and others, but not in HP2. nice to see it here, though

Last edited:
Oh man, that looks pretty much exactly like Burnout's Road Rage mode - and I LOVE Road Rage. Best game mode ever devised for a racing game imo.

I must admit, the trailer is really nice. It got me really interested on the game. But when I saw the gameplay from the press conference, I got really cautious about the game again. The way you were able to "take down" a racer to bust him just didn't feel right to me since I've grown accustom to being cornered and stopped to be busted on High Stakes, Hot Pursuit 1 & 2, Most Wanted, and even Undercover to a point. But, with this being from the people at Criterion, I should have expected damaging the racer's car was the main way to bust them, Burnout 2 told me that. Which makes me think that this game may be The Pursuit mode from B2 with a lot more substance.

But I digress, most of the worried-ness is from the fact that NFS has really lost That Magic Touch that they had a few years ago. Shift was a great game, but the driving engine wasn't as good as I thought it would be, it was just too loose for good sim racing. I have faith that this will be a return to form for the NFS Series and that Criterion will do a good job with this game.

Although I wish it was called High Stakes.....

Or Need For Burnout: Speed, because really it looks more Burnout than NFS (which is far from a bad thing) :lol:

Nice! :P

Did anyone pay attention to the roar of the CCX? Sounds even more authentic then it does in Shift.

Made me shiver a bit. :drool:

Gameplay looks boring. Doesn't remind me of any Burnout game so im not sure where the comparisons are coming from. Reminds me of Hot Pursuit or are the kids on here too young to remember that game. I need more gameplay examples for a positive pre-judgment.

Gameplay looks boring. Doesn't remind me of any Burnout game so im not sure where the comparisons are coming from. Reminds me of Hot Pursuit or are the kids on here too young to remember that game. I need more gameplay examples for a positive pre-judgment.

I understand the criticism, but you're judging the gameplay off of, well, nothing to be honest. That chase demonstrated little to nothing, but if essentially wrecking the car to halt the chase doesn't remind you of Burnout (not to mention the fact that it's being handled by Criterion Games, the folks who make Burnout) then I don't know what will. :P

I agree the demo was boring. Seemed like the Race Lambo was going slow on purpose and running into things on purpose to make for a shorter demo. I'm sure the REAL pursuits will be longer and most might not end with damaging out the opponent. That's just the NEW way to end a pursuit. I would assume that the Pursuit cars can also be damaged out and the game would end with an "Evaded" screen instead of the shown "busted" screen.

I understand the criticism, but you're judging the gameplay off of, well, nothing to be honest. That chase demonstrated little to nothing, but if essentially wrecking the car to halt the chase doesn't remind you of Burnout (not to mention the fact that it's being handled by Criterion Games, the folks who make Burnout) then I don't know what will. :P

It does remind me of Burnout and any game involving smashing cars off the road, but it also reminds me more of the original Hot Pursuit since it came out much before burnout and aside from wrecking(unrealistic to the max) its the same. I don't see it as a new Burnout, I see it as a new Hot Pursuit. I played all BOs and all NFS games of the past. I never said my opinion was final, just that I'm left craving more info and what was shown was nothing to get exited about.

I give in now that I think about it they have taken any once of realism out of the game, so it is more like Burnout.

Back