NFS Payback: Show off your ride(s)!

• Thread starter GT_Saint
  • 131 comments
The latest kind donation to the rallymorten garage:

..and yes, in terms of the whole too-many-references-thing, this is a level of hypocrisy I can live with, because - while I do sort of give it away - it's a kind-of clever reference.

(and yes, I took the offroad one and then bought one for races)

Here are questions for everyone: How do you approach building a wrap for a car? What is your design philosophy? What inspires you? What are some special tricks that you use in the wrap editor that may be unorthodox? Feel free to answer any or all questions - I'm just curious
I made about 20 wraps, mostly are the wraps from the real racing car, only 3 of them are my own design, coz of not enough creativity...But i enjoy making the accurate wraps from circle, square, triangle. I feel challenging when using the limited stickers to make an accurate wrap. I think not much people have patience like me to make that accurate.

Black or White?
Need for Speed™ Payback_20180131162830 (2).jpg

Need for Speed™ Payback_20180131150754 (2).jpg

Attachments

• Need for Speed™ Payback_20180131162830 (2).jpg
    Need for Speed™ Payback_20180131162830 (2).jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Need for Speed™ Payback_20180131150754 (2).jpg
    Need for Speed™ Payback_20180131150754 (2).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 16
... I haven't seen it yet, but as an aside, I wish they would allow hyphens or spaces in the license numbers.... it's irritating to see those things in game-generated plates but it won't allow the player to use them.

Scott McFarland approached Twisted Mettle to help him resurrect a 1970 Volvo Amazon that had belonged originally to his grandfather, and his father after that. Scott is the third generation owner of Scotty's Courier Service. His grandfather started the business in 1970 with a new Amazon. Times got tough after his father took over, as modern technology greatly reduced the need for couriers. Recently however, things have picked up again with the onset of ride-share services such as Uber and Lyft. Now in addition to carrying supplies and packages, Scott hauls people around Fortune Valley as well. And after landing a fat contract with Silver Rock Medical Group, Scott wanted to use some of his new-found financial success to spruce up his brand image. Thus, the old Volvo got a facelift.

0017.jpg

Twisted Mettle kept the original beige color, but added a tartan-patterned wrap to the upper part of the car. Some people have commented that it looks like a picnic basket. But getting people talking is exactly what Scott was aiming for. He now has an unmistakable image traveling around Silver Rock.

0018.jpg

Rather than take the easy route with the wrap, which would be to simply follow the chrome body side molding from front to back, Twisted Mettle curved the wrap to flow with the upper style line and meet up with the head lamps and tail lamps in an interesting way. It gives the car the illusion of gripping the road, not unlike a person's hand gripping a computer mouse.

0015.jpg

Other touches were to shave the bumper and grille guards off and remove the round auxiliary lamps off the rear to give the car a sleeker look. Of course, Scotty's needs to reach clients and deliver those goods in a hurry, so upgrades were also made to the drive train. Rav of Twisted Mettle added a throttle body fuel injection system to increase fuel mileage, responsiveness and reliability. Output was increased to 201 Hp, not a lot by most standards, but plenty to get the job done efficiently.

The last pictures here are vintage retro shots that were taken for a recent magazine article. Like father, like grandfather, Scotty is having the time of his life with the Volvo and loves driving around his home town for a living. With no signs of business slowing down, look for the Amazon buzzing by a location near you, on a mission and on a roll.

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ Love the wrap, the names, the story!

Amazing how many different kinds of fruit can grow on the same tree.
You just made my day :)

Back