NFS Shift 2 Patch 1.2 + Mod thread

• Thread starter Railgun
  • 75 comments
Oh yeah this worked !!!! Thank You!!!
Btw, i pinpointed the error of the cortina, its because of i used a tire made by opala mistakenly,
so i suggest that you install the wheels and tires mod to be able to put the patched tires because the game annoyingly count the width as a physics variable instead of a visual one

Last edited:
Btw, i pinpointed the error of the cortina, its because of i used a tire made by opala mistakenly,
so i suggest that you install the wheels and tires mod to be able to put the patched tires because the game annoyingly count the width as a physics variable instead of a visual one
OK.
I tried some of the cars from your Patch Mods and for some reason the Nissan R390 isnt showing up in the car lot, other cars appear in the lot. BTW, I have attached GME screenshot, please check whether the order of the activated mods wont cause problems, as some of the cars got greyed out.
How do I get the LE events, i tried using Patch 1.2 for steam which has the shift2u.exe in it, but it says activation.exe is missing. As I have the pirate version without activation.exe, is there a way to get these events in this version? I couldnt find much on discord (never used discord before, so that could be on me)

Attachments

• Capturer390.JPG
    Capturer390.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 43
Ok, I have checked all the cars above, Found out that the Ferrari California tailights and reverse lights dont work, and the Ferrari F40 pop up headlights dont open. Rest all are ok (not all cars have visual body damage, but i can live with that, the wheels do come off tho, which is awesome). Is this normal?
Nissan R390 still doesnt show up in the car lot. Why is that?

Ok, I have checked all the cars above, Found out that the Ferrari California tailights and reverse lights dont work, and the Ferrari F40 pop up headlights dont open. Rest all are ok (not all cars have visual body damage, but i can live with that, the wheels do come off tho, which is awesome). Is this normal?
Nissan R390 still doesnt show up in the car lot. Why is that?
The steam ver is that, the patch designed for steam copies, since the steam ver has some extra archives, and the exe is bigger than the origin version, i was able to find an exe that can unlock the LE events
For all the graphical / visual errors, i cant do a lot, specially with the ferraris, since the patch only focuses in the physics (engines,susp,inertias, etc)
For the R390, i think i still dont upload the new compatibility files, in theory you only need add the vehicle in the vehicle.lst, but i dont remember if the car has a new gear upgrade

The steam ver is that, the patch designed for steam copies, since the steam ver has some extra archives, and the exe is bigger than the origin version, i was able to find an exe that can unlock the LE events
For all the graphical / visual errors, i cant do a lot, specially with the ferraris, since the patch only focuses in the physics (engines,susp,inertias, etc)
For the R390, i think i still dont upload the new compatibility files, in theory you only need add the vehicle in the vehicle.lst, but i dont remember if the car has a new gear upgrade
Ok so the ferrari thing is normal and i will not use the R390 mod until the new compatibilty files are uploaded

ola e a primeira vez que uso esse programa então aduvida
posso descompactar o jogo copiar os arquivos do mod e re empacotar o jogo

Hello, it's the first time I use this program so I'm skeptical
Can I unzip the game, copy the mod files and repackage the game?

ola instalei o mod porem os caros sobem rapido para 6 marcha a 50 80 km
Hello, I installed the mod but the expensive ones quickly go up to 6 gear at 50 80 km

ola instalei o mod porem os caros sobem rapido para 6 marcha a 50 80 km
Hello, I installed the mod but the expensive ones quickly go up to 6 gear at 50 80 km
That sound like something was badly installed, check if you have only the recommended mods, and as i said, the patch is not compatible with g-tyres and ptmu

I found a new glitch (does not seem like nobody has noticed it...), upon new game after the raceday event, you are stuck on the Car Lot screen where there is not car.

Update: I had to disable the patch to bypass the Car lot. Now, on the first career event, no AI bots/opponent on the track...

Last edited:
The patch 1.2 seems to mess up the xinput for steering. I don't get the full steering range any more if I set the speed sensitivity to anything above 0.

For eg, my previous default was speed sensitivity at 50 and steering sensitivity at around 60 but with those settings now, I cannot negotiate corners at all as my steering has lost its full range. Tested after removing the patch and it works normally.

Last edited:
The patch 1.2 seems to mess up the xinput for steering. I don't get the full steering range any more if I set the speed sensitivity to anything above 0.

For eg, my previous default was speed sensitivity at 50 and steering sensitivity at around 60 but with those settings now, I cannot negotiate corners at all as my steering has lost its full range. Tested after removing the patch and it works normally.
Yeah, this is a byproduct of the ptmu code, usually having a sensitivity of around 50 in both direction and speed is more than enough for controllers
If its still too stiff to your liking reduce both slowly

Yeah, this is a byproduct of the ptmu code, usually having a sensitivity of around 50 in both direction and speed is more than enough for controllers
If its still too stiff to your liking reduce both slowly
Yeah I'm playing with a few different settings including adjusting the steering lock slider for all my cars. Tried all the tricks I could find on the internet but the dampening effect on the steering is too tedious to deal with. I am looking to play this casually on my steam deck and it runs so well and I've truly never experienced such an intense racing game on handheld but it's a shame that the controller setup is a hit or miss.

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but can anyone help me with unpacking the game? I did a clean install from EA App (Activated key from a box copy), extracted everything into the game files and whenever I try to run the unpack script as an admin, it says:

+ Processing Pakfiles\BOOTFLOW.bff ...
++ Unpacking ...

- Uh Oh! Something went awry...

The process failed during the following step:

- Could not unpack Pakfiles\BOOTFLOW.bff -- aborting

I've tried to look around the net but I found nothing about this, maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place
Also I'm running Win11 and a full AMD system (R5 7600X, 6800 XT)

Last edited:
Y
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but can anyone help me with unpacking the game? I did a clean install from EA App (Activated key from a box copy), extracted everything into the game files and whenever I try to run the unpack script as an admin, it says:

+ Processing Pakfiles\BOOTFLOW.bff ...
++ Unpacking ...

- Uh Oh! Something went awry...

The process failed during the following step:

- Could not unpack Pakfiles\BOOTFLOW.bff -- aborting

I've tried to look around the net but I found nothing about this, maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place
Also I'm running Win11 and a full AMD system (R5 7600X, 6800 XT)
ou might want to come in on the discord server linked in Railgun's original post and check the guides over there. This is a known issue on Windows 11 but he had posted a possible workaround to it on the discord IIRC

Y

ou might want to come in on the discord server linked in Railgun's original post and check the guides over there. This is a known issue on Windows 11 but he had posted a possible workaround to it on the discord IIRC
Oh I didn't notice the discord server, thanks man

Back