NFS: Shift - Bug/glitch thread

• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 198 comments

NLxAROSA

Dual wielding Uzis FTW!
Premium
Netherlands
The Black Lodge
Since there is a subforum for Shift now, there is no reason to keep putting all topics in one thread. I'll start off with a bug/glitch thread, so people can easily spot which bugs/glitches there are, along with possible fixes/workarounds. Feel free to add new bugs and glitches, or any workarounds or solutions you have to them. I'll update the first post accordingly.

NOTE: I haven't updated the list in a while since there are so many bugs/glitches. I might update the list again if I have some spare time on my hands.

Tuning screens

ALL: - Extreme values not possible on tuning sliders; game puts them one notch back.
ALL: - Gearing graph does not update when changing gear ratios.
X360: - Advanced tune resets all sliders except tyre pressure to minimum after quick tune. Loading default is not possible with a wheel (LS).
X360: - Actual tune isn't always updated when adjusting parameters. Logout required.

Drifting

ALL: - Engine sounds absent in some cases. Other sounds (crashing) etc. appear to be normal. Sounds usually return when restarting the event.

Racing

ALL: - Cars are placed too far behind the starting grid position, resulting in the flag lady protruding through the roof of the car.

Car statistics

ALL: - Honda S2000: torque stats appear to be way too high.
ALL: - Corolla: torque stats are very high

Individual events

ALL: - Corvette C6/ Donington National race/ Car battle C6 vs GT3 RS --- Car doesn't move off the line and stats show HP as 701--- After resetting the box stats are now back to normal but the car still doesn't move

Graphics

PC: - Skybox removes itself from the game after alt-tabbing, leaving a black sky.
ALL: - Framedrops in certain areas, most notably when things get busy.

Replays

PC/PS3: - Player can't quit from replay.

Physics

ALL: - Cars will bounce beyond control, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NFdXu4Bumk for example.
ALL: - If you short shift a gear the car will have very short gears and hit the rev limiter while the speed still increases. If you shift at redline or let off the gas for a second the revs return to what they should be

PS3: - In online duel points are not counting to user level, every race it will say you have levelled up and have earned rewards that you have already earned at a lower level (ie. being at level 13 but earning rewards from level 5 that you have already).

Controls

PC: - With G25, if you DONT have your foot on the brake, it counts as constantly pressing "up".

Photomode

PC: - Camera panning issues

Last edited:
Corvette C6/ Donington National race/ Car battle C6 vs GT3 RS --- Car doesn't move off the line and stats show HP as 701--- After resetting the box stats are now back to normal but the car still doesn't move :(

X360 version:
- Advanced tune resets all sliders except tyre pressure to minimum after quick tune. Loading default is not possible with a wheel (LS).
- Corolla with custom gears: 4th/5th are extremely short unless you lift while changing.
- Tuning screen doesn't always update when changing parts or changing car. Logout required.
- Actual tune isn't always updated when adjusting parameters. Logout required.
- Corolla torque stats are very high.

Ske
X360 version:
- Corolla with custom gears: 4th/5th are extremely short unless you lift while changing.
Not sure what you mean with this one, are the gears wrong or only after tuning?

It's just cosmetic but the glitch on the start grid with the flag waving women being inside the car because the cars not set on the grid right.

the first race i showed my friend this happend just looks so unprofessional and lazy

More bugs/glitches added. Some of those have been seen only on X360 so far, anybody confirm these for other platforms, let me know. :)

Some might say we should separate out 360/PS3/PC problems, put down a way to reproduce it and then send it in an e-mail to SMS.

Not sure what you mean with this one, are the gears wrong or only after tuning?

Only after tuning I think.
If I change up without releasing the throttle, the gear I'm changing into is much much shorter than it should be. Lift and reapply throttle, and the gear is as it should be.
Also: when installing the shorter final drive, it drastically shortened 4th and 5th while leaving 1-3 as they were. Might be related to the other tuning bugs I posted, of course.

I don't know if this qualifies as a bug:

Sometimes tearing and framedrops on PS3/Xbox360. Performance on Xbox360 is a bit better.

Once I got a race where the noise would always be in the ratio of the first gear, even when I'm not (if you see how that works). This means I changed a gear and the noise heard was the car accelerating in first, with the revs staying at the top untill I changed gear. Actual acceleration was normal, however.

Another one was after I completed my first drift event at silverstone, the replay automatically looed and wouldn't let me do anything to stop it. PS functions were fine, however.

Bug's I have come across:
*Mostly on 2000gt-r but I have heard about others having same problem - If you short shift a gear the car will have very short gears and hit the rev limiter while the speed still increases. If you shift at redline or let off the gas for a second the revs return to what they should be

*In online duel points are not counting to user level, every race it will say you have levelled up and have earned rewards that you have already earned at a lower level (ie. being at level 13 but earning rewards from level 5 that you have already).

*Framerate drops during races when things get busy

Massive bug/glitch for me on PC...

With G25, if you DONT have your foot on the brake, it counts as constantly pressing "up", so to navigate menus I have to always have my foot on the brake.

I've heard one fix is to invert the axis, and it worked until I actually had a race, after the race the same thing happened except this time even pusing the brake wouldn't stop it. Another fix I've heard is to delete what's in the SHIFT "my documents" folder... but I'd rather not delete my save game :P Dont know if there's any other fixes, my internet is capped which has made browsing for a solution difficult.

I think the bouncing glitch should be included, no car in the world has dampers and spring rates that can behave like hydraulics standing still. It's really ruined non-riced slow cars modified to be fast cars.

List updated, quite a few already. :crazy: Must say I have never encountered the bouncing bug yet.

@Sureboss: yes, it does support the G25 officially.

List updated, quite a few already. :crazy: Must say I have never encountered the bouncing bug yet.

@Sureboss: yes, it does support the G25 officially.

Buy a Camaro SS, do it all up with tier 3 modifications but no works package. Drive it somewhere. You'll get your bounceage.
I actually really enjoy the way the Camaro handles, if it wasn't for the bouncing it'd be really awesome. The brakes don't lock up on it either, they're too awesome.:sly:

I'll give it a go tonight, let's see if I can give it the bouncies. Is it as bad as in the video drivatar posted?

X360: Camera placement; I mentioned this in another thread somewhere, but the camera during photo mode is very, very twitchy. If you're trying to get a close up on the car the camera will tend to zoom in and pause while still panning around the car (slowly) and then jumps to the other side.

It might be a problem across all platforms, I'm not sure.

Buy a Camaro SS, do it all up with tier 3 modifications but no works package. Drive it somewhere. You'll get your bounceage.
I tried it, fully loaded, on Spa. It was fine really, it was a bit bouncy, but not more than I would expect from a car like this.

To add to the non-moving Corvette problem, I had one that was fine for ages (a modified one) and then randomnly decided to have the same problem a mentioned. The only way for me to fix it was to buy another one.

-You can not place your own vinyls on the side of a 911 GT2 without them disappearing. The top vinyls seem to be okay and pre-made vinyls still work. (Need someone to confirm this with another game)

-Random patches of grass will randomly appear around your car on the starting line (Seems to happen a lot at the smaller tracks)

glitch.jpg

glitch4.jpg

Is it just me or does Shift freeze and not want to play from time to time?

It either freezes during the main menu (only your vehicle shows up), the events are blacked out (you only see the outer rectangular bored), or it blacks out before you can ever load the game itself, it doesn't even make it to the language selection screen.

All of which makes the game very un-playable forcing you to restart. :odd:

@ 84SSccc - Wtf is going on with that "grass"? Yeah, it's basically confirmed, Shift was rushed. Really rushed.

Just experienced the 'advanced tune' glitch..

on the Quick Tune everything was fine, went to the Advanced menu, every slider was on the left, wondered why my elise sucked so hard.

reccomend everyone to check there cars before race

game corrupts gamesaves for no reason (happend to me after winning first Tier 5 event) - PS3
Replay music can not be switched of - PS3
Cannot create Backup Files from gamesave (not allowed!) - PS3

Last edited:
The latter isn't a bug or a glitch (I presume you get a warning message, or it is greyed out?).

In the invitational events, the car battle (Viper VS Ford GT) when you choose the viper it stays on the line even if you're at full throttle. (PS3)

Back