NHL: 2018-2019 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 189 comments
We have a 2-2 tie in the 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Final. Either the Boston Bruins or St. Louis Blues will be 3-2 heading into Game 6. Game 5 of this series takes place in Boston. Who will get that 3-2 edge? We'll find out after tonight!

Tonight could be the final night of the 2018-2019 season. Tonight in St. Louis, the Blues hold a 3-2 series lead in the Stanley Cup Finals. One more win will mean the Blues will be the Stanley Cup Champions for the first time ever. However, if Boston wins tonight, we'll have a Game 7 back in Boston this coming Wednesday.

There was a brutal no-call from Game 5 that put Boston fans in an uproar as one Bruin got upended. I'm hoping the officials aren't trying to fix things to screw over teams and players.

Good luck to both St. Louis and Boston tonight; and if St. Louis wins tonight, congratulations on becoming Champions!

The 2018-2019 season of NHL hockey has been a great one. However, it must come to an end; and it will come to an end with either Boston hoisting Lord Stanley's Cup yet again, or St. Louis hoisting the Stanley Cup for the first time in their franchise's history. Game 7 between the Bruins and Blues takes place tonight in Boston.

How did we get to this point? Here is a summary of this Stanley Cup Finals series (scores only, no Overtime notices):
GM1 STL at BOS: (4-2; Boston)
GM2 STL at BOS: (3-2; St. Louis)
GM3 BOS at STL: (7-2; Boston)
GM4 BOS at STL: (4-2; St. Louis)
GM5 STL at BOS: (2-1; St. Louis)
GM6 BOS at STL: (5-1; Boston)
GM7 STL at BOS: ???

Winner wins the Stanley Cup; loser will have to try again next season to reach this level and have another chance at winning the Stanley Cup. The final game of this season will be aired on NBC in America and CBC in Canada at 8:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time.

Good luck to both St. Louis and Boston, and congratulations to whomever becomes NHL champions hoisting the Stanley Cup.

Game 7 of the 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals finished by the score of 4-1 by your winner... and NEWWWWW Stanley Cup Champions... the St. Louis Blues! Lord Stanley, your beautiful trophy is now being won by the St. Louis Blues for the first time ever.

That's the thing about hockey- home advantage doesn't really mean anything in hockey. That's more than in any of the other major American sports. Boston was probably thinking they were going to devour the Blues at home. And make no mistake about it, the Bruins have been baller all season long. Tonight, though, it's all about The Note. So all congratulations to @kolio's St. Louis Blues.

And with that... the 2018-2019 season of NHL Hockey is over. Just remember, St. Louis... all 30 of the other NHL teams will want to challenge you for the Stanley Cup, as you are now under the title of "defending champions." So get ready to defend like the true champions that you are!

If you'd like to share any thoughts on the 2018-2019 season of NHL hockey, please feel free to do so.

I think I have heard that today is the Championship Parade in St. Louis. So this is going to be a great day in the Gateway to the Midwest. I'd like to once again congratulate the St. Louis Blues on their Stanley Cup championship triumph.

Local media is reporting over a million people at the celebration Saturday. I was there. There were A LOT of people and it was awesome. The players were interactive with the fans. Very interactive. There were a lot of drunk people too, to nobodies surprise. Giants crowds.

And guess what, no shootings, no cars flipped, no dumpster fires.

Not one single arrest in relation to the parade/rally.

I'm proud of my city.

I also made a drunk Brett Hull Gloria mashup that went viral yesterday. :lol:

Other sources besides this original tweet picked it up and those post much more shares, retweets and likes.

These are a few NHL musings of this past season.

* I guess my biggest takeaway from this past season is how easily Tampa Bay was thwarted when the Playoffs started. All that regular season work gone to waste by not winning a single postseason game. You then add the social media nonsense by Tampa Bay being about as stunned as many Lightning fans were as their poor postseason performance.

* Another sort of interesting moment this past season was the possibility of the Arizona Coyotes possibly relocating. One of those potential relocation spots was here in Houston. Not sure what's up with the Coyotes these days, but it sure brought up some interesting possibilities if Houston got its first-ever NHL team.

* Vegas came back down to earth in their sophomore season after being one of the wildest stories in the 2017-2018 season. They didn't do as much damage this past season even though they still made the playoffs.

* Perhaps the most popular team on GTPlanet is the Detroit Red Wings. Hockeytown still is mostly in the dumps. There was a point where Detroit and Florida were the only winless teams. I still think the Red Wings are going to return to their former glory, but it may take a good amount of time before Hockeytown is back on the map.

* St. Louis finally won themselves the Stanley Cup. It lead me to wonder what other team(s) may become first-time champions should they make it in the Stanley Cup Finals. I could recall when the Western Conference Finals a few years ago was between St. Louis and San José. The SJ Sharks prevailed in that series but failed to capture Lord Stanley's Cup. Then too, the Sharks have had a history of failing in the postseason. Even teams that continually struggle will one day realize their dreams. So I wouldn't be surprised if the Sharks (or some other team) can finally triumph and become Stanley Cup champions. Maybe other teams can start to assert themselves as possible championship contenders- like Minnesota, Columbus, maybe Nashville gets another shot, or certain other teams.

It has been a fine season for the most part. Once again, all congratulations to the St. Louis Blues. Most of the news these days will mostly be off-season moves and such.

Back