NHRA: Speed For All Releases August 26 on Consoles and PC

This game will most likely suck i don’t hear much people being hyped for it either no licenced vehicles either

People cant be hyped when there is no information to be hyped about.
Never a good sign when a game is released with no gameplay shown prior to release.

Hahahaha at 57 mins in that video, they crash right out of the gate, get disqualified for crossing the center line (even though they didn't), and while the car is sitting there on fire the announcer is like "an exceptional pass from both drivers."

Edit: then after they push continue or whatever, announcer goes "oh I think I'm losing my voice, what a race we just saw!"

Last edited:
Barebones text-only UI: check.
Plasticky looking car body with slightly blurry textures: check.
Abrupt cutting in and out of sound effects: check.
Wonky camera: check.

Yep, all the marks of a budget Unity game. And oh boy they've even got FIVE content packs that are locked and set aside for the $80 "ultimate" version, that's not an ill omen at all. At all.

Now that I've played the game for a couple of days now so here's my review:

THE GOOD
The game physics/controls are good, as a drag racer IRL the Millimetre perfect you need to be (especially of the start line) are pretty arcuate (for a game).
The thrill you get when you win a really close race is up there.

THE BAD
Basically everything else, I know it's a low budget game as there is only a small market this game would appeal to, the graphics, commentary, sound and livery options are terrible by today's standards.

THE UGLY
The online part is horrible, all you do is pick someone close to you on a leaderboard and race against there "Ghost" there's not even a lobby to race your friends or even randoms.

4/10

Having said that I still enjoy playing as it's the only full drag racing game (that I know about).

Too bad really, was hoping for a semi deep enough, serious enough sim.

Saw a decent review, and seems pretty constrained, shallow sadly.
More like a mini game type gameplay than a dynamic sim.
There's setups but the basic ones are missing it seems in drag type racing.
Plus each venue doesnt have much in atmospheric conditions, pavement, etc to make you tinker with setups etc.

Oh well, unless they improve it a lot, it's a 20$ game to get on sale when under 10$, and they sell it at almost full price, plus a complete ed. at over 100$ cad, right..

Looks fine to me visually, glad to hear if it feels somewhat ok at least.

Last edited:
Too bad really, was hoping for a semi deep enough, serious enough sim.

Saw a decent review, and seems pretty constrained, shallow sadly.
More like a mini game type gameplay than a dynamic sim.
There's setups but the basic ones are missing it seems in drag type racing.
Plus each venue doesnt have much in atmospheric conditions, pavement, etc to make you tinker with setups etc.

Oh well, unless they improve it a lot, it's a 20$ game to get on sale when under 10$, and they sell it at almost full price, plus a complete ed. at over 100$ cad, right..

Looks fine to me visually, glad to hear if it feels somewhat ok at least.
If they had a decent online lobby like GT7 where you set up races/championships against your friends it would be worth getting. Maybe that will come in an update if enough people complain about it 😂.

I haven't drived into the tuning part of the game yet but I do like how they did the parts upgrade, where you have to research and develop the parts in order to unlock them.

Hahahaha at 57 mins in that video, they crash right out of the gate, get disqualified for crossing the center line (even though they didn't), and while the car is sitting there on fire the announcer is like "an exceptional pass from both drivers."

Edit: then after they push continue or whatever, announcer goes "oh I think I'm losing my voice, what a race we just saw!"
I don't think I'll ever understand why games bother with commentary as it either works but gets very repetitive very fast or just plain doesn't work right as we've seen with this game.

that's not an ill omen at all. At all.
Another bad omen is the fact apart from a few social media posts the NHRA has done no promotion at all (that I've seen at least). I was at the Brainerd event this past weekend and there wasn't a single mention of the game. You would think with it having been the weekend before the release they would have at least showed the trailer on the screens and maybe had a booth where you could trial the game.

The lack of manufacturers is pretty disappointing.
I hear you but 90% of the cars are nothing like the street version there based off, there normal longer, lower and wider. Underneath there pretty much the same.
But it still would be good with more models.

I really hope that they add group 2 and 3 categories into the game.

don't think I'll ever understand why games bother with commentary as it either works but gets very repetitive very fast or just plain doesn't work right as we've seen with this game
I love the comment when they say 4 football fields in under 5 seconds, dude I'm in a 9.5 second car.
It seems most of the comments are aimed at top fuel/funny car.

Sorry for the double post.

Back