|Nicknamealguem's Photo Gallery| - New Update: «Buddha Eden»

I'd also go with the first ladder shot being the better of the two. It leads the eye very well. 👍
I agree. I think it's because of the larger DOF. The black and white makes me focus on the sharp bit of the picture, rather than making me look through the whole picture.

Of the "Lagos" set, I actually like the second shot the best. Good use of black and white, and I think the right buildings lit by the sun, make it much more visually interesting than it would be without it.

Of the two ladder shots, I'm a fan of the first colour one. I love the faint tinges of colour make the image. I think the second is also very good, I just prefer the style of the first. ^^

Thanks longbow, glad you like the Lagos Picture. It was really lucky to have the village with little to no soul. Quite funny, since at night it was so full, you couldn’t almost move.

Wow, I like the newest shots. :drool: They're just awesome... 👍

Thanks 👍

I'd also go with the first ladder shot being the better of the two. It leads the eye very well. 👍

Thanks for the feedback 👍

I agree. I think it's because of the larger DOF. The black and white makes me focus on the sharp bit of the picture, rather than making me look through the whole picture.

Thanks, that was my first objective with the second picture, having one thing on focus, while the ladders where out of focus but still visible. 👍

this is really, really good.

Thanks Cano. That I one of my favorites also 👍

Last edited:
I decided to post the update in a different post from the response post. Cano, you’re response is in the above post 👍
As I said, this is the last set from the pictures I toke in my vacations in Lagos. Enjoy:

C a r a v e l
The XV/XVI century, Portuguese navigation premier

- Click on the previews to open the full size -

These photos are very appropriate to class I'm in right now (I'm a good student, I'm writing this during break :sly:). We're talking about sailing, and marine technology, in the 14-15th Century - particularly to do with the Iberian Peninsula (which includes Spain and Portugal).

The third shot is beautiful, I am such a fan of black and white. And I think it is just perfectly composed. It is a battle between this, and the forth shot, when it comes to my favourite. The darkness of the ship contrasts well with the light-coloured background buildings. The other ones are good as well, I enjoy the tinges of colour in the first, and the second photographs water details.

Keep up the great work. ^^

Last edited:
That is very cool to hear, LongbowX. I hope I somehow helped you. Thanks for the comment.

For my next update, I chose a set of pictures taken in Portinho da Arrabida, a beach not very far from my home. It’s my all time favorite beach. It’s so perfect in every way: clean and very white sand, very clean and blueish water, almost no waves at all, beautiful landscape behind it (Arrabida mountain with lots of trees), the only drawback is the very cold water; I know, these pictures don’t do much of a justice. Anyway, enjoy:

Portinho da Arrábida
a beach of excellence

Wow, Lloyd... Those shots look amazing. Great brightness/ contrast values. The exposure is great (as always :P) and you were really creative when taking those pictures. A big 👍 to you.

Wow, Lloyd... Those shots look amazing. Great brightness/ contrast values. The exposure is great (as always :P) and you were really creative when taking those pictures. A big 👍 to you.

Thanks for the comment, but, as much as I would want to be, I am not Moglet :D

My favourite is the silhouette of the island. It has a great...feeling to it. I am very jealous of your beautiful locale as well. ^^

More nice shots. Looks like a magical place. I have to say, I really dig the presentation of your gallery as well 👍

My favourite is the silhouette of the island. It has a great...feeling to it. I am very jealous of your beautiful locale as well. ^^

Thanks.👍 I am pretty sure there are other countries (specially Italy and Greece) with beaches similar to this, but, at least from what I know, this one, is unique here in Portugal. I never seen similar to it, with similar conditions here, and that is what makes it so special. 👍

More nice shots. Looks like a magical place. I have to say, I really dig the presentation of your gallery as well 👍

And it is. It’s so relaxing, so calm. Even with it full of people, it still can be relaxing. And, has you have the mountain in the back, you can hear in the afternoon some cicadas “singing” here and there. Thanks for the feedback 👍

I'd like to see more vivbrant colors on these, because compo is pretty darn good.

Thanks. 👍 I’ll see what I can do in future updates. It’s not so easy when using a normal compact digital camera. That’s why I have to compensate and use Photoshop, though, and still, it isn’t perfect.

Today I whent to a beautiful oriental themed garden: Buddha Eden, and I enjoyed my visit. The garden it's very cool, pretty huge, and they are still enlarging it. So, here are some of the pictures I took, and edited. Enjoy:

Buddha Eden

Back