Night racing

  • Thread starter Thread starter iced16
  • 32 comments
  • 3,909 views
Messages
110
I think that AI should be less competitive during the night... as it is darker... i hate when i play other games like Gtr 2 etc. and during the night AI drive s same as during the day. I cant see my finger in front of me so i have to be more careful... do you think this should be adressed?

Secondly (btw) We should constantly post topics about AI and it's problems so we can improve them...

I personally hate when you brake into corner and AI crashes into you like you are ghost... Lets just face it! They should be smarter!

Cheers!

Oh! One more thing! If you can transform all cars from GT psp to GT5 aren't there 1000 cars confirmed then? Correct me if im wrong...
 
Last edited:
Less aggressive AI? as if PD can't make their AI aggressive enough. Night races are actually no different, driving wise, than day racing. Other than the fact that there's more grip at night due to the cooler temperatures.
 
Its not just night racing, the one thing I dislike in F1:CE is that the AI is consistently good in the wet too, its times are slower than dry but it is too perfect, its ultra-difficult to keep up with.
So different weather conditions can make the AI harder than normal.
 
I believe it's an overall problem of GT's AI. It's either too easy or too ridiculously-magical-inhumanly fast. It's just stupid. Also, I find quite annoying that on GT5P single races on arcade mode you choose an average difficulty and amongst a pack of competitors that match your pace there is one magical rocket-car that out of nowhere takes ten seconds out of you :confused:.

I do agree that the AI must be easier on the night, I mean, you can't go as fast on the night as you go on daylight because you aren't seeing much! However, if you had the guts and the skill to drive fast at night, I believe that what someone already said here about temperatures could be right.
 
Oh! One more thing! If you can transform all cars from GT psp to GT5 aren't there 1000 cars confirmed then? Correct me if im wrong...

bu there aren't 1000 cars in GTPSP.
 
Other than the fact that there's more grip at night due to the cooler temperatures.

Less grip is more likely. When tyres are cold they have less grip, hotter is better but too hot is also bad.
 
GT needs better AI regardless of the mode, time of day or weather conditions.
 
It is possible that Gran Turismo will use movie darkness as it has done in previous GT games. If this is the case, then this isn't an issue.
 
I think that AI should be less competitive during the night... as it is darker... i hate when i play other games like Gtr 2 etc. and during the night AI drive s same as during the day. I cant see my finger in front of me so i have to be more careful... do you think this should be adressed?

Secondly (btw) We should constantly post topics about AI and it's problems so we can improve them...

I personally hate when you brake into corner and AI crashes into you like you are ghost... Lets just face it! They should be smarter!

Cheers!

Oh! One more thing! If you can transform all cars from GT psp to GT5 aren't there 1000 cars confirmed then? Correct me if im wrong...

IMO that has no sense, some drivers run better in other conditions than day/clear, like Ayrton hes used to run better in rain.:sly:
 
Less grip is more likely. When tyres are cold they have less grip, hotter is better but too hot is also bad.

Exactly! Look at Le Mans race and the difference between day and night laptimes. It is sure that the colder surface is a bad thing even at June...
 
IMO that has no sense, some drivers run better in other conditions than day/clear, like Ayrton hes used to run better in rain.:sly:

That is not exactly the point. A.S. was losing less time than others in wet conditions. Nevertheless, it was more difficult even for him to drive on the edge. Even Schumi was 5secs per lap quicker than the rest in Barcelona in 1996 race with a terrible Ferrari car. We here talk about average AI only.
 
Exactly! Look at Le Mans race and the difference between day and night laptimes. It is sure that the colder surface is a bad thing even at June...

Yes, COOLER = NOT COOL / HOT (not so much ) TRACK = HOT LAP

Hot tyres do have more grip in track... thats why in F1 they warm the tyres before the race start, with some sort of blanket... that goes around the tyre. Dont know the name... but it looks like this...

Pneus+F1.jpg
 
GT needs better AI regardless of the mode, time of day or weather conditions.

Id settle for an "aware" and competitive AI which could at least lead to dogfights instead of look im faster than you, and you aint even doing anything about it.

The only thing i loved about TOCA 3, the AI, sweet sweet CPU cars.
 
I agree we need slower AI car in night race:nervous:
I can drive with same speed ring or Circuit de la Sarthe in night as in day....
 
Yes, COOLER = NOT COOL / HOT (not so much ) TRACK = HOT LAP

Hot tyres do have more grip in track... thats why in F1 they warm the tyres before the race start, with some sort of blanket... that goes around the tyre. Dont know the name... but it looks like this...

Pneus+F1.jpg

They're called Tire Warmers.
 
I don't think that PD will change anything about AI, it will remain same as from GT5P... AI was always bad side of the Gran Turismo, but that's just my opinion. Who knows what we will expect in GT5, right?
 
Less grip is more likely. When tyres are cold they have less grip, hotter is better but too hot is also bad.

Let me revise that a bit (because I wasn't completely wrong)-hotter tires+cold track=lots of grip
 
lets say you crash... it would be very nice if AI would slow down and go around you (instead going full speed into you!) also safety car is nice idea...
 
Let me revise that a bit (because I wasn't completely wrong)-hotter tires+cold track=lots of grip

You might want to revise it again because that is false. You want both a hot track and hot tires. You want the air temps to be low. A hot tire on a cold road is better than a cold tire on a cold road but far from "lots of grip".
 
I'm in the dark on this one.
 
lets say you crash... it would be very nice if AI would slow down and go around you (instead going full speed into you!) also safety car is nice idea...

I saw somewhere that there's a black flag in the TT demo, so a yellow flag is very likely to happen, then all the AI drivers must slow down their cars in that particular section if the track. I don't know if the crappy AI will allow them to go around your car, since AI cars in GT seems like to be racing in rails like trains.

Two things piss me off about the AI: They hit you anywhere, anytime, the AI is just not aware of your presence, and they just don't use the full potential of the cars, how many times you've overtaken a Ferrari F430 using a M3 in a straight (Without slipstreaming, before someone quotes me)? This is ridiculous, the F430 performs acceleration much better than a M3, if the AI can't keep up with your pace at the turns, it's ok, the AI will never be perfect as an human driver, but why they just go so slow and steady in the straights??? :confused: I've never understood this. :grumpy:
 
A hot tire on a cold road is better than a cold tire on a cold road but far from "lots of grip".

That's exactly what I just said.
 
That's exactly what I just said.

Your first post said night = more grip cause of cooler temps. Then you revised, saying you weren't completely wrong, by saying that hot tire+cold track= lots of grip.
Which part of that is true?
 
Last edited:
I saw somewhere that there's a black flag in the TT demo (snip)

I think you mean a blue flag. There's a video showing the car (on it's warm-up lap?) and a blue flag in the middle of the screen.
 
I've seen, Yellow and Green flags in the Time trial

And the AI is plenty fast now. One of the fastest drivers in GT didn't blow away the AI in 1 lap 👍
He made up about 1.5 secs, but Dan was no. 1 in Australia in the Time trial and top 10 world wide. Most people will not get within 1 second of him at any time, at least I didn't, and I was just outside the top 100 :)

[YOUTUBEHD]CGyFn-v654Y[/YOUTUBEHD]
 
Let me revise that a bit (because I wasn't completely wrong)-hotter tires+cold track=lots of grip

This is incorrect.

Hot tyres + hot track = lots of grip

Hot tyres + cold track = less grip.

It's not that simple however, as there is the potential to overheat the tyre and thus loose performance.

It is however a common misconception that cars run quicker on cold days, car generally run faster in warmer temperatures.
 
It is however a common misconception that cars run quicker on cold days, car generally run faster in warmer temperatures.
That is not a misconception. If the temp of the track surface and the temp of the tires was identical in both examples, your car would run better with the ambient temps being lower. I've never heard anyone say, hey it's 120* outside, let's hit the track. I have slips from the same exact car running the same exact track with a 27* difference in between days and the difference is noticeable.
 
This is incorrect.

Hot tyres + hot track = lots of grip

Hot tyres + cold track = less grip.

Even when the tyres overheat?

Lets just say that in general the hotter the tyres the more grip with exceptions :P
 
lets say you crash... it would be very nice if AI would slow down and go around you (instead going full speed into you!) also safety car is nice idea...

I was thinking since a safety car was included in GT4 it could be of more use when it was implemented as a A.I. safety car instead of just the "follow that car" thing it was used for in those licence tests or driving missions.
After you won it it was just another Skyline with flashing lights.

Also when online, one driver could voluntary adopt the role as safety car driver and act as some sort of marshal when it all goes wrong especially during endurance races forcing a restart behind the safety car.
If they had the new SLS AMG FIA safety car at their disposal it might not even be such a bad job.
 
Back