Night Riders - GT Endurance in the Dark

• Thread starter Granadier
  • 172 comments
Go Team BMW! :)

02697ACD-DB41-4088-9BAD-90ECD0FB4594.png

Just got off my last meeting - leg stretch and ill be on (setting up a room now)

Room up - friends only so add me if you want to join

Last edited:
GTP name - DesertPenguin
PSN name - DesertPenguin_
Car choice - Mercedes AMG
Race number - 09

Will test some cars and confirm later today but wanted to lock in my number if thats okay.

GTP name - racefan88
PSN name - racefan8850
Car choice - TBC
Race number - 15

Qyn
Wow! Can't believe I almost missed this :eek:. Been under the weather a little bit this week. I'm definitely down for this!

GTP name - Qyn
PSN name - TPC_QYN73
Car choice - Lexus RCF
Race number - 73

Got you all added. Happy to have you on board and looking forward to racing with you!

---

We have 4 slots left now. Filling up quick! If the entry list maxes out I'll start taking reserve signups in case some people end up not being able to make it day-of.

Should we implement a rule on brightness settings? To keep it realistic vs say bumping brightness up to make visibility easier. Granted upping brightness might make headlights insanely bright (haven’t checked).

Should we implement a rule on brightness settings? To keep it realistic vs say bumping brightness up to make visibility easier. Granted upping brightness might make headlights insanely bright (haven’t checked).
Since it's one of the few ways I'll have of combating the inevitable midday sun glare making my monitor useless, how about no? How would that even be checked anyway?

Since it's one of the few ways I'll have of combating the inevitable midday sun glare making my monitor useless, how about no? How would that even be checked anyway?

Just a honor system really.

I gotta test my setup, I’ll have a sunlit room too which sucks.

Any chance we can move this to night time for those of us using rooms full of sunlight?

I'm fine with just going off the honor system. There's no points or prizes for this event, and it's really aimed at simply the enjoyment of some white knuckle racing for an hour with some other great drivers. So, up to you :gtpflag:

Just a honor system really.

I gotta test my setup, I’ll have a sunlit room too which sucks.

Any chance we can move this to night time for those of us using rooms full of sunlight?
The schedule was chosen to give as much chance for our friends across the Atlantic to join in the fun as well. If it's a big issue, and the European drivers are ok with driving later, I'm ok with shifting the schedule. But I don't want to force the Euro zone to be up until the AM's just to participate.

I've just done a test lap (in the SF since it has no headlights), the Nurburgring is okay at the latest setting because there is still a little light in the sky, you can see the white line fairly easily all the way around, Bathurst gets much darker. If people need to turn brightness up because of screen glare I don't think they're gaining any unfair advantage.

I've just done a test lap (in the SF since it has no headlights), the Nurburgring is okay at the latest setting because there is still a little light in the sky, you can see the white line fairly easily all the way around, Bathurst gets much darker. If people need to turn brightness up because of screen glare I don't think they're gaining any unfair advantage.

I noticed the same thing last night. I honestly thought my settings had gotten messed up, started tweaking my settings to make it darker but “natural”.

Def no advantage to be had. They need to make the track darker lol. Real footage is darkkkkk.

I love the shift lights on the RSR in the dark, very well done. The contrast in the brightness of the shift light at redline to the outside is awesome.

If my maths is right that should mean making the 8th lap fairly easily.

Yep, it’s def a 8 lapper especially if the front runners play it smart and draft vs costing each other time. But this track doesn’t lend itself well to tomfoolery as we shockingly saw with amazing races on the Daily with the 997. Too much to lose being dumb here.

I could see front runners dipping into 7min range if they keep it smart.

Can def go faster though. But my knee feels like I now have a torn meniscus (lump too) in both. But now it’s my braking leg, and I like a heavy brake. Wasn’t pleasant last night. I think low 8-8:10 are doable in race solo. So with drafting def sub 8min.

Last edited:
Back