Night Riders - GT Endurance in the Dark

• Thread starter Granadier
  • 172 comments
I saw!!! Outta p2 as well :scared:
Aye. I was very scared when I had provisional pole after quali. Laps kept coming in slowly. That Q lap was probably the nicest I put in between practice, q and the race. I suppose that IS when you want your best lap.

But I didn't belong up the sharp end; others made mistakes and I came out lucky. After a few practice races lunging the Aston (very quick in the slipstream) into T1 I felt confident of leading the race even if only for a few corners.

I had to go and say that out loud, of course.

Cold. Tyres. Completely forgot about 'em and took T1 at MAXIMUM ATTACK just like in the practice races. I didn't anticipate the oversteer and lost the car completely.

I wouldn't have minded that so much but I drove like an idiot for the whole first lap. I made a stupid move on sunshineonleith, and another stupid move on ChevyHeavy, basically taking them out of contention. I'm not happy with myself for over pushing and ruining races. I would have been better off backing out a little and letting the rhythm come to me.

Still, regardless of my black flag worthy shenanigans, there was some great action. There were enough cars running into trouble that I got to do a lot of battling, and Chevy got his revenge, spinning on the karussel, completely hidden by the banking, I plowed straight into him, and we got to run together for the last couple of laps.

@GOTMAXPOWER untouchable again. Congratulations on another class act of a win.

@Granadier you did a great job putting this together, thanks for hosting.

@everyone else. Sorry I hit you. I was driving like a fool for serious stretches there.

Looking forward to photos shaming me for spinning unassisted in T2. Much love to everyone who came out.

Good Race! I hate the Huracan GR.3 with a passion now and I am also not fond of running 24H with RS tires BUT I had a great time. Not sure why yet but every time I got close to the curbmarkers or grass I immediately did a 90 degree turn into the barriers. Practicing with the GR.4 and had no problems yet the GR.3 hated anything but dead center of the surface.

I was only capable of completing 6 laps (honestly laps 4 (too many wrecks) and 5 (drove very slow (>100 MPH) were wasted) but did drive a respectable 10:30.00 +/- which is average for my laps around this track.

I said this in the lobby chat but I will repost here . . . to whomever I was t-boned by I apologize. This was TOTALLY my fault. I was wrecking and wrongly came back into the racing surface which was directly in front of you. It would have been on your lap 5 and you were about to overtake me (I was dead last).

Thanks for allowing me to race tonight, I had a great time. Please consider me for any future races.

Good Race! I hate the Huracan GR.3 with a passion now and I am also not fond of running 24H with RS tires BUT I had a great time. Not sure why yet but every time I got close to the curbmarkers or grass I immediately did a 90 degree turn into the barriers. Practicing with the GR.4 and had no problems yet the GR.3 hated anything but dead center of the surface.

I was only capable of completing 6 laps (honestly laps 4 (too many wrecks) and 5 (drove very slow (>100 MPH) were wasted) but did drive a respectable 10:30.00 +/- which is average for my laps around this track.

I said this in the lobby chat but I will repost here . . . to whomever I was t-boned by I apologize. This was TOTALLY my fault. I was wrecking and wrongly came back into the racing surface which was directly in front of you. It would have been on your lap 5 and you were about to overtake me (I was dead last).

Thanks for allowing me to race tonight, I had a great time. Please consider me for any future races.
The mid engined cars are twitchy whenever the track isn't flat, the bumps on the Nurburgring catch out the stable cars so the Huracan is like trying to hold a bar of soap in the shower.

With one-off fun events like this I don't care what position I finish in as long as I have someone to race against for most of it.
:guilty:

Here are some preliminary snaps, including the infamous event herein referred to only as...

..."The Spin"

7359541504628524544_0.jpg
7349971361997030912_0.jpg
7206423522323760640_0.jpg

7205856176002598408_0.jpg
7358978563733750272_0.jpg

One thing i learned from tonight is that the McLaren is a bit of a slow poke on the straights.

Also I kept making stupid mistakes during the race because i was overdriving to try and catch back up.
My fault, man, you really didn't deserve me forcing a stupid move on a stupid corner. I felt awful after I sent you off. I just got a bit hot after messing up so early, and was tryna make up spots quick.

No excuse, sorry for the impact it had on your race, you're a gent for carrying on in the face of such bs.

Completely embarrassed myself with offs at Bergwerk in qualifying and the race (along with a few other errors), but made up for those with a solid run from the back to 7th. R8 felt fast and mostly forgiving through the twisty bits, if a bit short on straight-line speed. Probably helped that I tried to take things cautiously from the start while others made similar mistakes. Also came close to taking off at Pflanzgarten on Lap 3! :eek:

Thank you @Granadier for hosting this race and congratulations to @GOTMAXPOWER, @Standard_FV and @Deadpool for locking out the podium. Not the cleanest endurance run I've had, but at least I survived.
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for coming out to the race! I'm glad everyone survived and had a good time racing. The battles were hot and heavy throughout. Surprised at how smoothly it went this being my first endurance race hosted. I'd change a few things like having ghosted backmarkers and not having shortcut penalties, but overall I'm really happy with the event and glad everyone overall had a good time!

Final results were:
  1. @GOTMAXPOWER
  2. @Standard_FV
  3. @Deadpool
And here's a shot of the race finish. :gtpflag:
2018-adac-24-hours-o-24.jpg

wait no...this one.
20200614175232.jpg

Thanks everyone for coming out to the race! I'm glad everyone survived and had a good time racing. The battles were hot and heavy throughout. Surprised at how smoothly it went this being my first endurance race hosted. I'd change a few things like having ghosted backmarkers and not having shortcut penalties, but overall I'm really happy with the event and glad everyone overall had a good time!

Final results were:
  1. @GOTMAXPOWER
  2. @Standard_FV
  3. @Deadpool
And here's a shot of the race finish. :gtpflag:
View attachment 930460

wait no...this one.
View attachment 930461
Can we do it with fog and rain next time? at Fuji

Great racing with y'all yesterday. Sorry if I held you up. I know I had some fast guys behind a few times. I had actually forgot about this race until Friday and was busy all day Sat so I hadn't really put in much practice. I think I made more mistakes on my last lap than the whole rest of the race. But like @DesertPenguin said, it's not winning but having fun racing with others, unless you're named @GOTMAXPOWER. :D I think @MaxAttack and me had magnets in our cars. :lol: Thanks @Granadier for hosting. looking forward to the next one. Did I hear someone say LeMans (no chicane) with GrC?

Great racing with y'all yesterday. Sorry if I held you up. I know I had some fast guys behind a few times. I had actually forgot about this race until Friday and was busy all day Sat so I hadn't really put in much practice. I think I made more mistakes on my last lap than the whole rest of the race. But like @DesertPenguin said, it's not winning but having fun racing with others, unless you're named @GOTMAXPOWER. :D I think @MaxAttack and me had magnets in our cars. :lol: Thanks @Granadier for hosting. looking forward to the next one. Did I hear someone say LeMans (no chicane) with GrC?

Le Mans Group C is a GREAT call.

Magnets for sure my dude. Couldn't seem to stay out of your way, but we got some good racing in there so if you edit the replay proper we'll look real good.

I have PTSD from Karusel, and I'm sure you have PTSD from when I forgot what straight we were on :S

Thanks for the Event @Granadier - no one was lagging and no one got disconnected, good work with the hosting.

@GOTMAXPOWER you're ridiculously fast, one small mistake and you pull away by .5 seconds. Impressive pace and consistency!

@Deadpool nice driving with you, realized i could only overtake you at the Karoussell and it worked well.

The Lexus felt slow but was fast here, qualifying was awful but made for a more fun race. 13th to 2nd is a good result and I highly doubt i could've kept up with MAXPOWER.

If someone hosts a similar event in the future I'm interested!

Down below is a video of the last 52 minutes of the race from my view, will learn to live stream so I can show the full race next time:sly:

Thanks for the Event @Granadier - no one was lagging and no one got disconnected, good work with the hosting.

@GOTMAXPOWER you're ridiculously fast, one small mistake and you pull away by .5 seconds. Impressive pace and consistency!

@Deadpool nice driving with you, realized i could only overtake you at the Karoussell and it worked well.

The Lexus felt slow but was fast here, qualifying was awful but made for a more fun race. 13th to 2nd is a good result and I highly doubt i could've kept up with MAXPOWER.

Down below is a video of the last 52 minutes of the race from my view, will learn to live stream so I can show the full race next time:sly:

I don't think there was much in it on pace once you got through to the front, I think I was the only person to get a clear track in qualifying which helped then all race was flat out (with a few lucky escapes!). The Porsche felt nice, I hadn't driven it for a while and was surprised how stable it is on the limit.

You might be interested in @Kermit_2142's series, there is a 90 minute Nurburgring race for Gr3/Gr4 cars coming up. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...giwa-gr1-3-20th-june-spaces-available.393284/

Great racing with you too! Def some tense laps. I noticed I was giving up a lot of speed in a few spots. I was going way too slow through Karoussell, def being too conservative. Very clean hard racing :)

Back