Nismo celebrates 30 years of “maverick engineering” in 2014

• Thread starter lGNAl
  • 34 comments
Saudi Arabia
Riyadh
l1stPlacel
http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/happy-birthday-nismo

The Japanese company’s performance arm was launched in 1984, competing in its first 24 Hours of Le Mans race in 1986. Nissan is officially celebrating the anniversary this week at racing events around the world, and you're invited.

Nissan wants motorsports fans to participate so it’s giving away tickets through social media and car clubs to the events in the U.S. and Germany this weekend. The FIA World Endurance Championship has a round at the Circuit of the Americas while the Blancpain Endurance Series season finale is at the Nurburgring.

"Starting from the company's first president, Yasuharu Namba, today's Nismo owes its success to the hard work and sacrifice of our many predecessors," said Nismo president Shoichi Miyatani. "It also could not have grown to this extent had it not been for the support of all our fans, sponsors and collaborating companies. I would like to thank everyone for all their support throughout the years."

The celebration schedule is as follows:

-Wednesday Sept. 17 - Official Nismo 30th Anniversary Party in Yokohama, Japan

-Thursday Sept. 18 - Press Conference, Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas

-Saturday Sept. 20 - FIA WEC race, Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas, USA

-Sunday Sept. 21 - Nurburgring 1000 kms, Blancpain Endurance Series in Germany

-Monday Sept. 22 - Customer preview of new Nismo road car in Nurburgring, Germany

-Tuesday Sept. 23 - Nismo Nurburgring Experience in Nurburgring, Germany

The last two events at the Nurburgring feature a sneak peek into the future of Nismo road cars. Stay tuned for that next week.

Infographic on the Nismo family line:

http://img2.autoweek.com/30YearsNISMO.pdf

I'd guess the Pulsar Nismo S and R. Aren't they going after the front wheel drive record for Nurburgring with it?

I'd guess the Pulsar Nismo S and R. Aren't they going after the front wheel drive record for Nurburgring with it?

that would be my guess too as the new nismo Z was already shown as was as said earlier the Juke RS. and its too early and they've put to much R&D into NISMO GTR to refresh it after 1 year (If it is im going to jump of the nearest bridge)

but yeah the Pulsar seems likely given the setting of the Ring since the FWD record was talked about. wasnt the US supposed to be getting a NISMO note though?

that would be my guess too as the new nismo Z was already shown as was as said earlier the Juke RS. and its too early and they've put to much R&D into NISMO GTR to refresh it after 1 year (If it is im going to jump of the nearest bridge)

but yeah the Pulsar seems likely given the setting of the Ring since the FWD record was talked about. wasnt the US supposed to be getting a NISMO note though?
There's a few things on the way for the US.

👎

I'm looking at getting something NISMO as a daily driver so I wont have an anxiety attack every time I take the GTR out. Was even thinking about the new NISMO Z but that is a lot of money for a car that's on its last leg. I should have never sold my NISMO 350z 2007

So looking forward to some options in the future

If the NISMO IDX ever takes form and the point isn't totally missed from the promise of the concept that would be something nice to represent NISMO in!

Last edited:
Wonder what the Road car is. More than likely something the USA won't get. Although I do know a few that are in the works.
Guessing it's something other than the GTR or the Nismo Juke RS...

I'm guessing this: http://www.nissanusa.com/future-and-concept-vehicles/sentra-nismo

exterior_01_large.jpg

Happy birthday, Nismo!!!

Offtopic, but wanted to show some love for the short lived Altia performance subsidiary too.

EPSON034.JPG

r34altia.jpeg

👎

I'm looking at getting something NISMO as a daily driver so I wont have an anxiety attack every time I take the GTR out. Was even thinking about the new NISMO Z but that is a lot of money for a car that's on its last leg. I should have never sold my NISMO 350z 2007

So looking forward to some options in the future

If the NISMO IDX ever takes form and the point isn't totally missed from the promise of the concept that would be something nice to represent NISMO in!

I'd scrap my MX-5 plans, if the iDX were coming. 👍

You could expect it to look a lot like the sport sedan concept, as that's the direction Nissan is going design wise with most of their cars. They are making a considerable amount of effort to make their cars sporty again. I'm tire testing an Altima right now that has the 2016 refresh/facelift suspension on it and in my opinion it's very good.

The Z is in a class by itself like the MX5. The iDX went from being in a class by itself like my old '86 Jetta 2-door, to being placed in class with the BRZ/86. With this new platform, keep the Silvia idea but, keep the 3-box sedan as well. Even if the iDX is solely a NISMO version.

I'll stay on topic though. I praise NISMO for contiuing to offer products and turn key cars for on road use.

That's what I just said. Lol

Not sure if he knows you work for Nissan doing testing it seems like the last few comments he made has echoed what you've said here or in previous threads before anyone else. I'd say to pay attention to you on this subject since it's one that you're closer to than anyone else on the forums.

Not sure if he knows you work for Nissan doing testing it seems like the last few comments he made has echoed what you've said here or in previous threads before anyone else. I'd say to pay attention to you on this subject since it's one that you're closer to than anyone else on the forums.
True, although I really need to watch what I say. :P

I think I already said it in the your car section. That 350 was lovely, as are your GTR's. I love those stipes too. Depending on the colour the GTR gets, I gonna apply them too. Has some Nismo bits....

I think I already said it in the your car section. That 350 was lovely, as are your GTR's. I love those stipes too. Depending on the colour the GTR gets, I gonna apply them too. Has some Nismo bits....

thanks

while we are talking about NISMO cars I found my NISMO 350 pics. I left the stripes off it because it was more of a factory complete car

I eventually took the stripes off of the silver car as you can see in the last pic

Attachments

• DSCF2926.JPG
    DSCF2926.JPG
    701.8 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF3507.JPG
    DSCF3507.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 4
  • PA284794.JPG
    PA284794.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 4
  • dragonimg_6521.jpg
    dragonimg_6521.jpg