Nismo GT-R LM @ Red Rock Valley.HELP!!!

Indonesia
Bogor
Ok,so i decide to enter my nismo GT-R LM road car(race modified of course)to gt all stars in red rock valley,but i'm not so lucky here(4th place on the same car).
Can someone help me with a tuning tips,please?My recent settings will coming up soon.
P.S:sorry if my english are awful

Nice to see another Indonesian here at GTP :). I'm not that great at tuning, but I can help with simple setups. The Nismo is FR right? In that case, you may want to be slightly more gentle on the gas coming out of corners. Also, I would try softening the spring rate and raise the ride height since Red Rock Valley is known to be killer for super stiff and low cars (especially those bankings).

What problems are you having with the car? Oversteer (spinning out), understeer (can't turn) or just bouncing problems on the corners?

P.S. Your English isn't that bad actually. A lot better than most new users here at least 👍.

Nice to see another Indonesian here at GTP :). I'm not that great at tuning, but I can help with simple setups. The Nismo is FR right? In that case, you may want to be slightly more gentle on the gas coming out of corners. Also, I would try softening the spring rate and raise the ride height since Red Rock Valley is known to be killer for super stiff and low cars (especially those bankings).

What problems are you having with the car? Oversteer (spinning out), understeer (can't turn) or just bouncing problems on the corners?

P.S. Your English isn't that bad actually. A lot better than most new users here at least 👍.

seems my trouble is the oversteering habit,i can't help it.
Thanks about the tips,LeGeNd-1

Ok,this is my settings:
Spring Rate:12.2/14.0
Ride Height:100/100
Damper Bound:7/7
Damper Rebound:7/7
Camber:2.0/1.0
Toe:0/0
Stabilizer:4/4
Brake Controller:15/15
1st Gear:2.722
2nd Gear:1.686
3rd Gear:1.163
4th Gear:0.852
5th Gear:0.664
Final:4.111
Auto Setup:21
Downforce:0.32/0.53
LSD:11/36/16
I plan to remove the LSD,does it help?

Can you raise your downforce any higher? That could be the prob..most cars of this caliber have much higher downforce ratings...like anywhere from .50 to .70 or more.

I wouldn't remove the limited-slip, you probly need it to keep traction consistent, right? 💡

...other than this, i dont' see anything immediately out-of-place. I would personally loosen the springs a few notches, to keep the car from bouncing too much over the banks...but that's just my preference. don't do this unless you're having problems with too much bouncing that causes you to lose traction or spin.

Most of your other settings are pretty much near standard. I would personally tweak them more, but these settings in and of themself shouldn't cause too much headache...that's why PD set them.

How much power you running? What tires?

Just go with super-soft tires if all else fails. PD screwed up tire wear in gT2 so super-soft tires don't wear out any faster than hard or medium ones. 💡

690 horses should be plenty to take these races.....my money is your downforce needs to be maxed (if possible).

Practice going as deep into the banked turns as possible before needing to use brakes. Also, the esses area (non-banked area) is important to get those racing lines down pat. Drafting, of course is highly important, too.

Last edited:
I did,but no changes,Thanks to the mighty GT-ONE.I'll be back with super soft race tires,i promise.

YOu can't change your downforce? Or you maxed it but still couldn't win?

If you can't change DF, you might need a more suitable car. The LM might be at the best of its abilities. Try those tires, of course, before making the final decision....

If you maxed it to higher settings, you might need better skills/more practice, or a better car. But trust me, the NISMO LM should be able to do these with that much power. It weighs like 2,9xx pounds with a race, kit, too--should be light enough.

Sounds like you need practice there. The car is alright, the settings are ok as well. It should win against the GT-One pretty comfortably. How about using the JGTC Skylines first, then come back and see if you could win with the Nismo 👍. Of course, try using SS tires first since they make a huge difference on handling.

Finally,the scorpions sing the "Wind of Changes" for me :D
result:2nd,if the GT-ONE wasn't there,i've already won
total time:6:02.869
lap 1:1:19.961,155mph
lap 2:1:10.437,177mph
lap 3:1:11.168,177.05mph
lap 4:1:09.217,177.12mph(fastest lap)
lag 5:1:12.086,191mph(top speed)
closest gap to GT-ONE:0.546 second
thank you,Parnelli Bone.You're my hero

Sorry for double post,but it's just me or JGTC skyline is overkill?(tested on kure R33 and Pennzoil GT-R,both won from GT-ONE by 5 seconds)

They are overkill, yeah, but that doesn't mean you can't use them. Try putting harder tires on, for instance; to kill any advantage you've got (if you want to, that is). They are definatley more competent race cars than the NISMO LM.

Hey i noticed your lap times during the race were very consistent. That's a good thing. :cheers: Worthy of an ale, eh? Or soda if you're underage. :)

I'll take the soda then.
Guess what,I DID IT!!!
I start the GT2 this morning(my home is gmt+7),try it with another gt-r lm(i have the blue and the red),face that GT-ONE once again,and.......
Lap 1:1:19.992,159.10mph
Lap 2:1:10.254,187.40mph
Lap 3:1:10.513,182.50mph
Lap 4:1:09.366,177.90mph
Lap 5:1:09.721,192.43mph
final result:
1st:Nismo GT-R LM-5:59.846
2nd:Toyota GT-ONE-+0.680
3rd:Venturi Atlantique 600 LM-+2.304
4th:Vector M12 LM-+3.496
5th:Lotus Elise GT1-+4.773
6th:Alfa 155 Touring Car-+7.690,but who cares?
Now that's a race.Perhaps i should try it again,with a lister maybe.

Well done 👍. See, practice makes perfect :) With the Lister it should be much easier though, it's got more power, lighter and more stable than the Nismo. Good luck with that.

Thank you,LeGeNd-1.I'll try it with only port & polish and engine balancing aside from the rest part that maxed.See ya!
P.S.:after the super speedway & red rock valley,it's only 3 more track to beat the GT-ONE in GT All Stars.I'll applicate this settings and try to do it.Wish me luck!

Thank you,LeGeNd-1.I'll try it with only port & polish and engine balancing aside from the rest part that maxed.See ya!
P.S.:after the super speedway & red rock valley,it's only 3 more track to beat the GT-ONE in GT All Stars.I'll applicate this settings and try to do it.Wish me luck!

You can do it! You rock blacing escudo!

Back