Nissan 400Z Makes Gaming Debut in Project CARS 3

I mean photomode looks good as you and AK have shown but when you're racing in it with others around you... Single player/Time trialling is alright
Yeah granted, if you add too many cars in difficult weather conditions the quality can degrade. It's the price we pay for the convenience of a console I suppose, they don't remain cutting edge for long. But then again they aren't cutting edge prices either - and the games just work. ;) :)

Somebody say PC Master Race one more time. I'm almost at full mast.
emot-froggonk.gif

Yeah granted, if you add too many cars in difficult weather conditions the quality can degrade. It's the price we pay for the convenience of a console I suppose, they don't remain cutting edge for long. But then again they aren't cutting edge prices either - and the games just work. ;) :)

@IfAndOr & @Ak1504 whats your favourite cars from the season pass? I havent bought it yet so not sure whether to get the pass or the packs that I like the cars

whats your favourite cars from the season pass?
I haven't actually got it or any of the individual DLCs yet, I've been waiting for a bit of a price reduction. Although with the deluxe version now on offer in the PS store, I'm tempted. Especially since I have it on disk - and my drive is playing up.

The latest cars are particularly appealing. The 1st DLC looked good. Not quite so keen on the 2nd but that's because I'm not that into hypercars.

@Beezer215 - PC Ma... Oops, nearly. :P ;)

Last edited:
@IfAndOr & @Ak1504 whats your favourite cars from the season pass? I havent bought it yet so not sure whether to get the pass or the packs that I like the cars
For me it has to be the Silvia S15, great fun to drive, and all four of the race conversions are solid. The most disappointing one for me is actually the Proto Z, just hasn't gelled with me yet (not that it's bad - just the weakest of the four).

All told it's my favourite DLC pack yet.

I haven't actually got it or any of the individual DLCs yet, I've been waiting for a bit of a price reduction. Although with the deluxe version now on offer in the PS store, I'm tempted. Especially since I have it on disk - and my drive is playing up.

The latest cars are particularly appealing. The 1st DLC looked good. Not quite so keen on the 2nd but that's because I'm not that into hypercars.

@Beezer215 - PC Ma... Oops, nearly. :P
I don't think SMS have had DLC on sale before, only deluxe version or GOTY version of the game that would have DLC included, I think

I don't think SMS have had DLC on sale before
I don't think it happens too often, but I got the PC2 season pass when it was on sale. So it's one to look out for. I think the sales are more down to the whim of Sony or MS than the publishers. They probably have a bit more say over on Steam.

The most disappointing one for me is actually the Proto Z
I wonder how they generated the handling characteristics of the the new Z. I don't suppose many have got to drive the real thing yet, particularly in this pandemic. Perhaps it'll get refined at some point.

Oh...

but...why would they choose to put it in PC3 first?

Well PC3 does a few things better than the GT and Forza series imo; the track selection (esp with it's historic tracks), it's time of day/weather options and all cars having multiple in game liveries. Which all help to make it great for single player custom races. So for me, it fits the game perfectly and it's another option for my one make 'JGTC' races.

The new track is pretty meh for my tastes (although it's better than some of the tracks in the game), even the figure of 8 layout is disappointing, was hoping for some carnage!

Last edited:
I wonder how they generated the handling characteristics of the the new Z. I don't suppose many have got to drive the real thing yet, particularly in this pandemic. Perhaps it'll get refined at some point.
I mean none of the cars in PC3 drive anywhere close to their real counterparts. None. They threw the dimensions and mass in and just added their hocus pocus arcade mumbo jumbo for the rest. I'm not seeing how even driving the real car makes a difference.

I'm a little surprised people are wondering why it was put into a brand new game and not in others that are over 3-4 years old already. Especially considering that the two other games are already likely closer to release for their next iterations.

Last edited:
I'm a little surprised people are wondering why it was put into a brand new game and not in others that are over 3-4 years old already. Especially considering that the two other games are already likely closer to release for their next iterations.
I'm a little surprised it was put into a game which maybe 1% of the amount of people playing those other 3-4 year old games are playing.

I'm a little surprised it was put into a game which maybe 1% of the amount of people playing those other 3-4 year old games are playing.
The amount of people playing has little to do with it. It has to do with who purchased the license to be able to put it into their game. Like I said, with the other games being almost 4 years old this year, why would they put it into their old games when their new games are basically around the corner? That makes little sense.

You're more likely to see it in the next games for the franchises that have been brought up, but you're in for some bad news if you even expect it at all in those old games, I feel.

Last edited:
I mean none of the cars in PC3 drive anywhere close to their real counterparts. None. They threw the dimensions and mass in and just added their hocus pocus arcade mumbo jumbo for the rest. I'm not seeing how even driving the real car makes a difference.

That's a bold statement, may i ask what real life experience you have for starters, secondly, which cars in game have you driven irl?

Oh ffs. Here we go. A '65 Mustang and various modern ones seeing as I come from a Ford family. Numerous track days throughout the years in Fords, Dodge, Chevy. Does that really matter though. Are you trying to say you back the thoroughly realistic physics Project Cars 3 holds dear to? Because that would be a rather bolder statement.

Oh ffs. Here we go. A '65 Mustang and various modern ones seeing as I come from a Ford family. Numerous track days throughout the years in Fords, Dodge, Chevy. Does that really matter though. Are you trying to say you back the thoroughly realistic physics Project Cars 3 holds dear to? Because that would be a rather bolder statement.

No, i'm saying you can't just make a statement that the cars don't drive like their real counterparts without having driven those yourself...

I mean maybe some of them are off, but if you claim none of them are right, you should be able to back up that statement.

Last edited:
I like PC3 for what it is. I've grown past being snobby about it but let's at least call it what it is. I'm going to say that INDY cars don't feel like that either, I would be willing to bet that I was right too and I've never driven one. :)

Edit - I understand that you don't want to get into some argument with a 12 year old kid who says the cars aren't realistic. I get that. I don't want to do that either as I'm WELL older than that.

Last edited:
No, i'm saying you can't just make a statement that the cars don't drive like their real counterparts without having driven those yourself...
That's exactly right. Now do you see where some of the members here were heading in that debacle from a while back (that I won't name)?

Last edited:
I'm not gonna derail the thread any further, i just wanted to state that saying none of the cars drive like the real ones is the wrong thing to say if you don't have any experience driving all of them.
You might be right when it comes to the cars you've actually driven, i wouldn't know and therefore can't argue with that.
What i do know though is that SMS has worked with real racers and test drivers to create those physics, so it's certain that not all cars are "off"

Apologies for the off topic...

And I'm not trying to be mean or degrading to PC3, but I think it's safe to say that PCS uses hidden assists which makes otherwise harder cars to drive accessible to all. And that's fine, we all know what's happening here. It was just the direction of PC3 that through us all off.

I've been having fun with Indy cars on the new small oval. I like the pack, all of the race conversion are cool, just wish there was a proper Japanese mountain pass to play on too!

I'm not gonna derail the thread any further, i just wanted to state that saying none of the cars drive like the real ones is the wrong thing to say if you don't have any experience driving all of them.
You might be right when it comes to the cars you've actually driven, i wouldn't know and therefore can't argue with that.
What i do know though is that SMS has worked with real racers and test drivers to create those physics, so it's certain that not all cars are "off"

Apologies for the off topic...

The Developers themselves have said they adjusted physics to be more accessible (more need for speed less iracing).

Name dropping a few professional racers doesn’t mean anything other than those individuals giving permission to do so. What they have actually contributed and if their feedback was followed we don’t know. We do know a decision was made to make handling accessible.

I think it’s reasonable to assume the cars in the game won’t handle realistically, and you don’t need to have a real vs sim comparison for that given the premise of the game.

[but I think it's safe to say that PCS uses hidden assists]

... Sigh...
mef
The Developers themselves have said they adjusted physics to be more accessible (more need for speed less iracing).

Name dropping a few professional racers doesn’t mean anything other than those individuals giving permission to do so. What they have actually contributed and if their feedback was followed we don’t know. We do know a decision was made to make handling accessible.

I think it’s reasonable to assume the cars in the game won’t handle realistically, and you don’t need to have a real vs sim comparison for that given the premise of the game.

I don't think so, some of you should refresh your memory by reading this blog. Even the (much argued) "no assists" is in there:

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/three/news/developer-blog-1/

And:

Screenshot_20210305_053128_com.android.chrome.jpg

Straight from a dev:

Screenshot_20210305_054150_com.android.chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210305_054150_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210305_054150_com.android.chrome.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
The amount of people playing has little to do with it. It has to do with who purchased the license to be able to put it into their game.
Correct.

Every racing game studio is free to negotiate with manufacturers to have their cars featured in certain games. Some choose to do so, some don't, and sometimes the manufacturer and the developer can't come to an agreement and it doesn't happen.

Oh you mean the makers of the game that said "it's all the sim you'll ever need"?
This is starting to get embarrassing. You're sitting here trying to defend something that a) barely anyone plays due to the fact of the subject matter we're talking about right now and b) the people who do own this and use this can blatantly see that PC3 makes no attempt at coming close to a sim realm like rF2, AMS2, ACC and their like.
I don't even see what you're driving at here in the first place. I'm so lost I don't even know what your point is anymore. Is it that PC3 offers the most realistic experience of the cars they represent? Did the makers of the game go into any detail on how they modeled the physics of running over big blocks to get points? Did they get any "race car drivers" to run over the big blocks so they could have the best opinion on running over big blocks to get points?

To stay somewhat on topic: I'm sure Nissan said "yes you can feature our prototype in your game, we don't care what you do with it, it doesn't need to be realistic at all"

You do understand that some manufacturers set standards before approving their cars to be added?

To stay somewhat on topic: I'm sure Nissan said "yes you can feature our prototype in your game, we don't care what you do with it, it doesn't need to be realistic at all"

You do understand that some manufacturers set standards before approving their cars to be added?
That will be why no Nissan has ever appeared in a Need for Speed title or arcade racer ever.

https://www.fastandfuriouscrossroads.com/multiplayer-cars/

OEMs put a lot of different conditions on inclusion, your making a blanket assumption about what they are.

Then again what would I know, I’ve only worked for a number, including the one being discussed.

Last edited:
Back