Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R 08, GT5 vs GT6 physics

• Thread starter DioEmsti
  • 7 comments
Antarctica
Antarctica
I know the physics are supposed to be more realistic in GT6 and all but I just bought that car in GT6 and it handles like an R/C car:crazy: it feels considerably different from GT5, so which one has the correct physics?:D
The steering of this car (and most others actually) feels smoother and more detailed in GT5, more like real cars I'd say, but for this car in particular I don't think it's the steering alone as it feels sorta weightless and oversteers like crazy with massive grip.

Nevermind, I changed the setup and got it more or less how I wanted, it's incredible how much of a difference a few suspension tweaks can make (mainly anti roll bars and dampers), I also dropped the downforce considerably. Went and changed other cars I have and they all feel so much nicer now.

You have to play with the car's settings in order for you to get the handling right.
Yea it did help when I did that and also tried a few other setups but still GT5 seems to have more "detailed" steering, as If the deadzone is smaller and the sensitivity levels much higher allowing for incredibly smooth steering and to take corners really well, PD definitely messed something up with the gamepad settings in GT6 like they did with quite a handful of other things.

I never wanted to say it really, but for me gt5 physics are more spot on in terms of steering, gt6 has more sophisticated ffb and fancier suspension physics which for me doesn't mean it's more precise.. If I recall correctly, gt5 times made on certain tracks were also closer to real times than in gt6.

I never wanted to say it really, but for me gt5 physics are more spot on in terms of steering, gt6 has more sophisticated ffb and fancier suspension physics which for me doesn't mean it's more precise.. If I recall correctly, gt5 times made on certain tracks were also closer to real times than in gt6.
Haven't played GT6 before that much but reading what you have said here, does that mean that the physics of the game itself seems to be arcadey compared to its predecessor?

Haven't played GT6 before that much but reading what you have said here, does that mean that the physics of the game itself seems to be arcadey compared to its predecessor?

I'd be in minority to say that, but to me it does feel that way. Not necessarily it was the intention but they were trying to change a lot regarding suspension and handling so you can get more informations on feedback and if you look at the car handling without driving it actually looks more realistic in 6 than in 5. But when you put some driving hours and have a clue how physics works in 6 you can probably exploit it more than in 5 to get some unrealistic times and make some turns just more easily w same car on same track.. However it's just my opinion and maybe it can't be further from the truth but the fact is that gt6 is definitely more user friendly.

I'd be in minority to say that, but to me it does feel that way. Not necessarily it was the intention but they were trying to change a lot regarding suspension and handling so you can get more informations on feedback and if you look at the car handling without driving it actually looks more realistic in 6 than in 5. But when you put some driving hours and have a clue how physics works in 6 you can probably exploit it more than in 5 to get some unrealistic times and make some turns just more easily w same car on same track.. However it's just my opinion and maybe it can't be further from the truth but the fact is that gt6 is definitely more user friendly.
Well, the cars in 6 would look more realistic than in 5 because it's a newer game. So they've update it. But seems like there's some expense in doing that. Nevertheless, the driving physics and simulation is still better than some other popular racing games that I know and played before.

Back