Nissan Cefiro A31 88-94 RB25

• Thread starter MadFlavour
  • 10 comments

MadFlavour

(Banned)
United Kingdom
UK
DSCI0010.jpg
Nissan released the A31 series Cefiro sedan to Japan in September 1988. The Cefiro is a 4 door rear wheel drive sedan released by Nissan to compete with other manufacturers. The Cefiro came with an RB20, RB20 Turbo'd or with a RB25 depending on which variation and year of the car that you choose. Seeing as it was a non turbo RB25, it's engine produced, give or take a few, around 200hp which was sent to the rear wheels through a five speed manual or automatic gear box. Cefiro's can be tuned to achieve around 600 to 700 horsepower. However doing so would be unpractical as the engine finds it difficult to cope with such high levels of power so most people keep it from between 400-600 horsepower. Undeniably the engines also sound great and have a sense of uniqueness to them but this is PD where talking about so I wouldn't expect to much from them.

:rolleyes:

Your video is of a turbo Cefiro. And you copied and pasted the blurb from Wikipedia, which talks about other models of the Cefiro, not just the RB25 version.

All you can really apply to that model from that copy and paste is:

"Nissan released the A31 series Cefiro sedan to Japan in September 1988. The Cefiro is a 4 door rear wheel drive sedan released by Nissan to compete with other manufacturers. Seeing as it was a non turbo RB25, it's engine produced, give or take a few, around 200hp which was sent to the rear wheels through a five speed manual or automatic gear box."

The part about the high horsepower levels applies to the turbo version only, as you'd be seriously struggling to get 800hp out of a non turbo RB25. In fact, it probably isn't even possible.

:rolleyes:

Your video is of a turbo Cefiro. And you copied and pasted the blurb from Wikipedia, which talks about other models of the Cefiro, not just the RB25 version.

All you can really apply to that model from that copy and paste is:

"Nissan released the A31 series Cefiro sedan to Japan in September 1988. The Cefiro is a 4 door rear wheel drive sedan released by Nissan to compete with other manufacturers. Seeing as it was a non turbo RB25, it's engine produced, give or take a few, around 200hp which was sent to the rear wheels through a five speed manual or automatic gear box."

The part about the high horsepower levels applies to the turbo version only, as you'd be seriously struggling to get 800hp out of a non turbo RB25. In fact, it probably isn't even possible.

Have I said anywhere that it doesn't have a turbo, I think your over thinking this. You could put a turbo on yourself even if it doesn't come with one from the factory.

No, you haven't said that it doesn't have a turbo, and with the video of that turbo Cefiro you could make people (who aren't aware of the car) think that it does have a turbo since the description you copy and pasted is confusing to some because it details most of the Cefiro models instead of just the one in question.

You are under thinking this. And i'm well aware that it CAN be turboed, but the fact is you are requesting an A31 Cefiro 25SSE, which is a non turbo RB25DE. All photos/videos should be related to that model in question.

Otherwise you may as well go into a Ford Mustang V8 topic and start posting photos and images of V6 versions. I mean, hey - it's the same car isn't it? I could easily transplant a V8 into it couldn't i?

Or just like being in the Ferrari F50 topic and showing a video of the turbo Koenig F50.

Back