Nissan cuts 9,000 jobs as its vehicles fail to sell

  • Thread starter Thread starter Enzo_P1_GTR
  • 135 comments
  • 27,995 views
It's almost like the decision to stop trying around 2009 hasn't really worked out for Nissan.
The balls to Twix this out over the weekend too:



Y'all ain't done neither in a loooooong time - one much longer than the other.

And "endurance" has as many "n"s in it as "Nissan" does. But no Nissans in it.
 
Maybe do something like Targa Tasmania or something. Stick to sports car rallying. Not sure about doing WRC. Plus, with what car? The Kicks®️?
1739232749182.jpeg
 
Maybe do something like Targa Tasmania or something. Stick to sports car rallying. Not sure about doing WRC. Plus, with what car? The Kicks®️?
View attachment 1427927
I wouldn't think about it too deep. They're only asking what people prefer. It's not related to anything.
 
DK
Just one more crossover bro, one more crossover and that'll fix Nissan.
Bet you can't wait for the upcoming Renault Rafale-based R36 GT-R.
 
Solid idea, yeah.

DSC_4890-scaled.jpeg

GDAzNzgWIAEc7g-.jpg

mini-countryman-1.jpg
Not sure. I don’t think the Kicks is available in Europe. I know the Juke is still available in the UK and Australia.
 
Not sure. I don’t think the Kicks is available in Europe. I know the Juke is still available in the UK and Australia.
The European Juke looks great and way more aggressive than the new Kicks but my point with the three photos is that it would've be the first crossover to become rallyfied. Plus, the C3 and Mini are really lame crossovers which compares well to the North American Kicks lol.

2025-nissan-kicks-sr-f34.jpg


That could be rallyfied for sure. Plus, NISMO has very little visibility anymore. They really screwed up when they stopped utilizing NISMO and also started selling to fleets and leasing to people who can only afford leases.
 
Last edited:
The European Juke looks great and way more aggressive than the new Kicks but my point with the three photos is that it would've be the first crossover to become rallyfied. Plus, the C3 and Mini are really lame crossovers which compares well to the North American Kicks lol.

2025-nissan-kicks-sr-f34.jpg


That could be rallyfied for sure. Plus, NISMO has very little visibility anymore. They really screwed up when they stopped utilizing NISMO and also started selling to fleets and leasing to people who can only afford leases.
That’s why I was saying (USA)“the Kicks?”. It didn’t seem like it’d fit with the current European CUVs in WRC, when it’s not sold in Europe. C3 and MINI still have enough character like the Juke. Still looks ripe if it were to go world rallying:
1739388288380.jpeg
 
Nissan: Let's make our luxury brand look like overinflated balloon versions of our main brand's vehicles.

Also Nissan: Why is nobody buying our luxury brand's cars now????
 
Are you refuting me? Because it's both and I don't understand
No lol, I was just adding to the pile of GT-R CUVs. Although I gotta admit the fact that you even remembered the EX existed is impressive and now I'm shopping for them used.
 
No lol, I was just adding to the pile of GT-R CUVs. Although I gotta admit the fact that you even remembered the EX existed is impressive and now I'm shopping for them used.
The EX...for people who felt like the FX was just way too hardcore of an offroader.
 
Nissan's debt rating was cut to junk status by Moody's, which ain't good. At all. Basically they're saying Nissan isn't worth investing in right now.

In fact it's gotten so bad that Nissan is courting assistance from... (shuffles papers) ...oh.


The Japanese group behind the plans for Tesla to invest in Nissan hopes the Elon Musk-led company will become a strategic investor, believing it is keen to acquire Nissan's plants in the United States, according to the Financial Times.

1740152534701.gif
 
Yeah that's much better than Honda's request of just firing Nissan’s CEO
 
Last edited:
I like the Honda option more.
 
I can't wait for the Trashqai to be replaced by the Tojo, or the Micra by the Ishii. Maybe they could do a one-off model with 731hp or 731Nm.
 
Last edited:
Someone should tell Nissan's CEO that he's blowing this out of proportion.
 
Shame the Z is not the halo car I felt it was.
 
I mean, if the guy wants to build a new Silvia, let's get with Honda and share the development costs and they can bring back the S2000 too. Win win.
 
Back