Nissan GT-R 17 OP?

• Thread starter M176r32
  • 13 comments
United States
United States
Do guys think the Nissan GT-R 17 road car , tuned is a little OP? I do a lot tuning and testing at Nordschleife. I’ve noticed in the 700pp range where I normally build and race road cars online with sport tires this car is significantly quicker in the times. Sorry if it’s been covered and debated but it’s a slow day a work. I’ve also been mostly focused on German cars in the game and just starting branching out to the Skyline legends.

I think it really depends on how much time you sink into practicing the cars habbits and how much fine tuning you do.
In just a quick test run I do prefer the Ford Focus RS which is just a tad slower but has a much better stability (with my setup at 685PP).
Havent tested any other car, but I dont think I would go for the fast "this car is OP" as long as I dont really know most of the other options.

Last edited:
Once you start tuning cars, it’s really hard to say after that. You may just drive that car better, but typically AWD road cars are always gonna be better than 2WD road cars, you just put the power down better/easier.

What I have noticed is that 4WDs in GT7 have a huge advantage over rear or front wheel driven rivals. It isn't just the GT-R. Modern 4WDs benefit so much from GT7's current state of physics.

They can corner just as quick as RWDs without suffering much of the consequences (especially when you tune and drive them well).

Now you will see why the Gr.4 class is tricky to balance.

but typically AWD road cars are always gonna be better than 2WD road cars, you just put the power down better/easier.
Coming back onto this topic.
This is definitly the case, but I still was trying to find a FR or MR car that could propably take the lead.

So ...
Alfa Gulia GT-AM: we all know this car is fast (and sounds beautiful), but spinning tyres really put an end to the otherwise very high acceleration and actually good cornering speed for those faster sweeping ones.

Ferrari 458 Italia: pretty much GT-AM in the different direction: not as fast by power, but much much better cornering speed, yet still the lack of full acceleration traction is preventing the better times.

Mazda RX7: close to getting a top spot, but I didnt invest enough time into the fine tuning (equal chance, as I didnt for the GT-R neither)

Jaguar F-Type: nah!
Aston Martin Vantage: nah!

Any AMG/Mercedes: categorically nah! I dont like them for looks and sound.
BMW: not tested, but I dont think they can keep up
Chevy and Dodge: I suppose they will suffer the same problem as the Gulia, but be worse on cornering in general (the Alfa has a huge downforce setup and still tops the speed).
Ford: Mustang same as BMW, GT propably can do

AWD
Very confident Audi R8 or Lambo Huracan will already be easier and faster than the GT-R, but propably not as well suited for a 700PP race with wear and fuel, this is the sector where their Gr.3 are falling behind on (in my hands).

That car is beast mode. Simple as that. It flat rips right out of the box. I've always loved the GTR in every single GT game so I have a soft spot, but yes. For me it is the slayer at 700pp for road cars.

Tested the Nissmo GT-R road car last night sport tires , tuned to 699pp against the Porsche 992 GT3 rs 699pp sport tires. I’m 10 seconds quicker in the GT-R. IRL the Porsche was practically built for this track and should dominate.

Last edited:
Tested the Nissmo GT-R road car last night sport tires , tuned to 699pp against the Porsche 992 GT3 rs 699pp sport tires. I’m 10 seconds quicker in the GT-R. IRL the Porsche was practically built for this track and should dominate.

You’re thinking way too far into this, if you’re not running the cars stock, on stock tires. Any meaningful comparisons between cars goes out the window when you start tuning. Plus, it’s a video game, plus, the Porsche is gonna be harder to drive fast, but faster when driven hard most likely.

You’re thinking way too far into this, if you’re not running the cars stock, on stock tires. Any meaningful comparisons between cars goes out the window when you start tuning. Plus, it’s a video game, plus, the Porsche is gonna be harder to drive fast, but faster when driven hard most likely.

You are absolutely correct and it’s not the first time I’ve been accused of thinking way too into something, blessing and a curse. The amount of tuning that went into the GT-R in comparison to the Porsche was a lot more extensive and expensive. So you make a good point

The amount of tuning that went into the GT-R in comparison to the Porsche was a lot more extensive and expensive
Thats not really the point.
The IRL cars would be what is "stock" in the game. No tuning, no matter the PP.
As soon as you start tuning, you are changing the balance the car has that was designed by the development team of the manufacturer in question.
Also to consider is that tuning to a specific PP limit doesnt mean all cars are equally well suited for all tracks or a specific track - if you for example compare PP of BoP enabled cars even they vary by a delta of 15 PP + BoP doesnt consider tyres.
PP limit does consider tyres, but doesnt consider drivetrains.
Also worth mentioning that the PP system is very flawed and I wouldnt dare estimating how many cars are in the game with not a single PP bug to exploit.

+ AWD generally are superior by game design without it reflecting in the PP calculation, though there are some odds that are worse or some FR/MR that are incredibly good.

You are absolutely correct and it’s not the first time I’ve been accused of thinking way too into something, blessing and a curse. The amount of tuning that went into the GT-R in comparison to the Porsche was a lot more extensive and expensive. So you make a good point

I’m the same way, so I totally get it. 🍻

Back to this again:
Cayman (not the Gr.4) at 700pp is equally good (in my hands).

This would be my choice in a race.

I think that 4WD cars are amazing in this game - with my favorite being a 2JZ-swapped GR Yaris - but I do indeed wonder if they're still all that when tire wear/fuel consumption are enabled? With power going to all four wheels, I'd imagine that they'd go through tires and fuel notably faster than a car that's not 4WD. Granted, proper brake balance settings and ballast distribution could help a bit for some cars, but still. Plus, I'm told that 4WD cars can be a decent bit heavier, too, which could affect their use of tires/fuel even more.

EDIT: Even if there was a 4WD hybrid, which could potentially mitigate the fuel consumption, there's still the factor of tire wear. If anything, I'd be a 4WD hybrid would be even worse on tire wear, since the hybrid system would be more weight.

Last edited:
I think that 4WD cars are amazing in this game - with my favorite being a 2JZ-swapped GR Yaris - but I do indeed wonder if they're still all that when tire wear/fuel consumption are enabled? With power going to all four wheels, I'd imagine that they'd go through tires and fuel notably faster than a car that's not 4WD. Granted, proper brake balance settings and ballast distribution could help a bit for some cars, but still. Plus, I'm told that 4WD cars can be a decent bit heavier, too, which could affect their use of tires/fuel even more.

EDIT: Even if there was a 4WD hybrid, which could potentially mitigate the fuel consumption, there's still the factor of tire wear. If anything, I'd be a 4WD hybrid would be even worse on tire wear, since the hybrid system would be more weight.
For the game:
Weight differences between cars depend on the upgrade stages and whether you use Ballast to increase weight.
Stock weight generally is a disadvantage for AWD but the games AWD cars are mostly sporty versions of the car in question which means they are again lighter than the cheap version of the same car.
On average this means they are not heavier than all other drivetrains.

Tyrewear is balanced by weight balance mainly(and I guess also by natural aero balance, as some cars have strange tyrewear when only looking at weight balance), yet increasing weight to change the balance will almost always be worse than having an unbalanced tyrewear rate front and rear.
Fuel consumption is totally over the place, for one because all cars come with a 100L (or game unit) capacity, and the other it is not clear what other factors are used for consumption except for "rotarys are master on fuel saving".

There are a few AWD hybrid road cars, like the Honda NSX, though its hybrid only engages up to a speed of 100km/h (or so).

Back