Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by R1600Turbo, Jun 29, 2018.

1. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

I LOVE IT. :drool:

Also, I can't help but notice the photos are actually renders. Does it look like PD's handy work?

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/06/nissan-italdesign-create-ultimate-gt-r-celebrate-50th-anniversary/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kikie

kikie Premium

Uh, no. Not my style. Impressive car but that is about it. Except for the interior. I can imagine myself sitting in this car and feel in 7th heaven.

3. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

This design has so much Nissan 2025 VGT in it. There's no way that's a coincidence. I feel the R36 is going to look very similar.

Also, can't help but LOL at the Motec display like it's a race car.

J24681357, king_nismo, VXR and 15 others like this.
  4. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

I didn't think it was possible to make the GT-R any uglier, but somehow it is.

5. IngRobNy

IngRobNy

I didn't like the front or the rear :O, but I liked the rest :lol: (not much left except for the the sides and the interior).
    upload_2018-6-30_0-28-54.png

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    TheOverdriver likes this.
  6. Auditore

Auditore

That interior is dangerous people will think they are in a race car and start thinking they are racing on the streets oh who am i kidding they already think that

7. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

I've stared at those interior pics long enough to make the conclusion that it's not real and that this car will likely end up in Gran Turismo soon...

I-Runner, VXR, im_seb30 and 7 others like this.
  8. z71L28

z71L28

I have a few questions, are the gold pieces made of real gold? Is it going to be for sale to consumers? If so what is the price?

9. Michelin Man

Michelin Man

It's alright, not ugly, but not a stunner. I like the over all profile, but the front ends a bit iffy, a bit too "gaping mouth" (a design trait seemingly popular amongst car design these days it'd seem). Back end is better, definitely more than a hint of 2025 VGT about it, which is a good thing as ultimately I think the 2020 VGT is better when it comes to visualising what a R36 GTR could/should look like.

IngRobNy likes this.
  10. redhed17

redhed17

If it wasn't blinging gold :boggled: it may have been OK. A red and a black maybe. I like the wing blending with the body, and how thin it looks when it rises.

If it does turn up in GTS I hope they let you change the colours. :rolleyes: ;) :lol:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  11. IngRobNy

IngRobNy

With me it is the opposite, I would rather have this GT-R50 than the 2020 VGT in GT S, sorry but in my opinion the 2025 VGT is just one ugly Hyundai.

Hahaha, oops, bear with me it's 01:24 am here :p and i'm starting to be a bit sleepy :lol:, I even started GT S to look at the Nissan before I posted my post and still I was wrong :O :lol:. Edited my post, I don't like the Huyndai either though :yuck:.

12. Famine

Famine Administrator

It seems likely that it is, because that's a Hyundai.
    That's probably because it's a Hyundai.

The Nissan VGT is called "Concept 2020 Vision Gran Turismo".

VXR, Minty, Dave Beerman and 4 others like this.
  13. IngRobNy

IngRobNy

Dosen't look like it:

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/06/29/nissan-gt-r50-italdesign-710-horsepower-603641/

No plans for a production version of the GT-R50 have been announced. Nissan also emphasized that this is not a preview of the next generation GT-R. It's just a special celebration of the model and the design company.

Here can we see the car in a bit brighter settings:

14. Michelin Man

Michelin Man

D'oh on my part :boggled:. 2020 VGT is what I meant my mistake, got a little sidetracked after seeing @MrWaflz55 post about it. But yeah, the 2020 rather, is a better rendition on the whole. Though I like the seemingly compact nature of the Italdesign concept compared to the 2020 concept from memory, though that could just be a trick of the pictures and my dodgy eyes deceiving me :lol:.

IngRobNy likes this.
  15. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

That rear end just screams 2020 VGT. The overall aesthetic is amazing; I like it. :tup::tup:

16. TheOverdriver

TheOverdriver

For me there is just too much gold especially on the rear. They need to change the interior too

17. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

That's the best part.

18. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

I'm not surprised at who loves it...

LancerEvo7 likes this.
  19. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

My job has nothing to do with it. Thank you very much. :rolleyes:

20. sumbrownkid

sumbrownkid

I think it's probably a clear direction of what the R36 is going to look like.

Doomotron likes this.
  21. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Way to read into it, when I said nothing of the sort. You bringing it up in reality shows me your more insecure of that thought than you should be. I simply was not surprised you liked it as much as you did.

22. 05XR8

05XR8

What's wrong with the interior? Looks slick to me. Round vents, less buttons, more upscale than current R35.

Also the gold. It's just aesthetics. It's like a lime green Miura. The overall design is cool, even if some colour choices aren't liked by everyone. Should the gold pieces be Nissan Red?

23. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Yeah well with you anything is possible.

Eunos_Cosmo likes this.
  24. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Only if explicitly said, since it wasn't don't project your insecurities on to me.

Again I see why you like it, it has tones of the IDX and what not, but to me it seems like a goofy upscale Veilside or Top Secret modern build.

25. Volksauto

Volksauto

I don't think it would be made of gold. If they were going to use another material to create that look rather than using paint, they could go with something similar like brass. It wouldn't be the first time for automakers to use brass. The last time brass has really been used on cars for aesthetics was over 100 years ago. Brass was mainly used on radiators, headlamps and trim. However, it went out of style because chrome was cheaper and you didn't constantly have to polish it to make it presentable.
    [​IMG]

26. citroengt1

citroengt1

2001 GT-R Concept called, it wants it's base design back. xD

Attached Files:

27. Just The Stig

Just The Stig

inb4 we see it in GT Sport Soon™

TNTR_VitQ31 and IngRobNy like this.
  28. QRacer_31

QRacer_31 Premium

Hopefully! Can’t complain about more GT-Rs!

Auditore, sumbrownkid and IngRobNy like this.
  29. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

If this is what the R36 will look like, then bring it on! Based on the floating tail lights being carried over, I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being a feature on the production car.

I would prefer a fixed rear wing over a retractable one though (or at least implement a retractable spoiler within the wing.)

VXR likes this.
  30. McLaren

McLaren Premium

That was around my thoughts as well when I saw it; looks like an older concept of the GT-R.