Nissan GTR 700PP Suzuka Time/Settings?

• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 55 comments

NLxAROSA

Dual wielding Uzis FTW!
Premium
Netherlands
The Black Lodge
So, what's a good target time for a 650PP Nissan GTR on Suzuka? I've tweaked the settings a bit and I can do a 2:12.899 with a SIXAXIS controller. Is that any good? I now it won't beat a Lotus by far but I'm curious just how fast you can get it, I really like the car. :)

Since 650PP setup is now useless, I updated it to 700PP:

Here are my settings for Suzuka. Still needs some work on 2nd/3rd gear. My record so far with this car is a 2:09.560, but I still have room for improvement. Since I'm fairly new to tuning and I'm not completely sure what I'm doing, feedback is appreciated.

Power: + 20
Weight: 86
Tires: R3/R3
Ride Height -10/-10
Spring: 5/5
Damper: 5/5
Toe: -0.50/+0.50
Camber: 2.8/2.7
Brakes: 5/5
Torque split 20/80
Steering angle: 50
Traction: OFF
ABS: 2
Final gear: 3430

Set ASM to OFF and Physics to PRO. ;)

Again, feedback is appreciated.

Pretty good NLxAROSA.

But I can't find the right car for completing the S-7 and S-10 events

The Lotus 111R tuned did it for me in S7. Look at the other threads that discuss on the possible methods of tuning the car. Worked pretty well for me. Once you get the hang of it, the car is as tight as a pin around corners, carving them up as your opponents slow down, that's where it really excels. Gotta watch the long straights though, that's where it loses out in top end speed.

Since 650PP setup is now useless, I updated it to 700PP:

Here are my settings for Suzuka. Still needs some work on 2nd/3rd gear. My record so far with this car is a 2:09.560, but I still have room for improvement. Since I'm fairly new to tuning and I'm not completely sure what I'm doing, feedback is appreciated.

Ride Height -10/-10
Torque split 20/80
ABS: 2
Final gear: 3430

Set ASM to OFF and Physics to PRO. ;)

Again, feedback is appreciated.

yeah i tried it, the general settings are good, i but i think you need to work on the gear ratio's a bit. Good setup though ;)

I tried the default settings, with max power and R3 tires.

Only reduced ride height to -10/-10, Traction off and ABS:2.

It handled MUCH better, with a lot less understeer. It's balanced in the corners now.

Any thoughts on this?

if you find the back slips out quite alot ( which it does for me ) on this car, then i would put a traction control to 1 or 2. I find it helps alot.

i suppose it that fits your driving style, but i play alot of fuji F and when i got around the slow corners it annoys me quite alot when the back end slips out. I use x to accelerate so i cant really control it.

hmmm. i suggest tapping on the X button and easing it in, or u could tap on the brakes the moment it slips then tap on the accelerate button again.

when i tap it i find i lose quite alot of time around the corners, im fine just putting TC to 1 and flying around the corners lol.

yeah i tried it, the general settings are good, i but i think you need to work on the gear ratio's a bit. Good setup though ;)
Yeah, it needs a longer 2nd gear among things. ;) Still working on it.

My new modified settings for Suzuka (blue = changed):

Ride Height -10/-10
Brakes: 3/7
Torque split 20/80
ABS: 1
1st: 4311 (65 km/h)
2nd: 2341 (120 km/h)
3rd: 1656 (170 km/h)
4th: 1282 (220 km/h)
5th: 1010 (280 km/h)
6th: 0841 (360 km/h)
Final gear: 3300

Again, feedback is appreciated. Personal record with this setup is 2'08.737. 1-2 seconds less is possible, judging from the replay. :)

Ride Height -10/-10
Torque split 20/80

Again, feedback is appreciated. Personal record with this setup is 2'08.737. 1-2 seconds less is possible, judging from the replay. :)

I like it, the gears are a big improvement:tup:

I tried to set the gears so you can take the sharp turns in 2nd, shifting to 3rd just after the turns. The S-turns can be taken using 3rd only. :) For handling I liked it the way it was, so I only changed the brakes. I balanced them to the rear to provide some oversteer in corners. :) I tried it the other way around (which is recommended I believe) but it just didn't feel right. ;)

I tried to set the gears so you can take the sharp turns in 2nd, shifting to 3rd just after the turns. The S-turns can be taken using 3rd only. :) For handling I liked it the way it was, so I only changed the brakes. I balanced them to the rear to provide some oversteer in corners. :) I tried it the other way around (which is recommended I believe) but it just didn't feel right. ;)

yeah definatly, the gears go perfect around the S-turns and corners.

EDIT : ive just been tampering with the toe in / out values, are you sure that -50/+50 isnt a bit extreme?

Ride Height -10/-10
Torque split 20/80

So this setting for GTR on S10 right? I'm having such a difficult time with almost each S missions. Ill try to use the car and your setup, I hope for at least 3rd place.

I know its a dumb question, just to be sure, you mean New GTR not R34 right?

EDIT : ive just been tampering with the toe in / out values, are you sure that -50/+50 isnt a bit extreme?
Could very well be, if you've tried settings that work better, please share them!

@NoxNoctis Umbra: I use this setup mainly for online, but it should work for S10 as well (haven't tried it though!).

Could very well be, if you've tried settings that work better, please share them!

@NoxNoctis Umbra: I use this setup mainly for online, but it should work for S10 as well (haven't tried it though!).

ive tried Toe(OUT/IN) -0.05/+0.05 and it seems to handle more smoothly, there isnt alot of difference in the speed of laps that im doing, i just think it feels a bit better.

I'll try your settings. Smoother handling should help to provide more consistent fast laps.

I used this setup on my gtr for s10, and beat it after 4-5 tries. This race has been haunting me for hours. Thank you very much. BUT I washy allowed to change tires OR downforce, so I boosted horsepower like no other. It still worked, and it was the best race of my life. 1st place with one 5 second penalty. Good stuff man.

Great to hear that the setup worked for you too. In the S10 race you can't change tires to R3, so I'm surprised (and glad) the gear ratios still worked with horsepower (and thus changed maximum speeds for each gear) you added!

@BB-ANDY-: I tried your toe settings, still runs and handles great!

Great to hear that the setup worked for you too. In the S10 race you can't change tires to R3, so I'm surprised (and glad) the gear ratios still worked with horsepower (and thus changed maximum speeds for each gear) you added!

@BB-ANDY-: I tried your toe settings, still runs and handles great!

its good to hear ;)

ive tried Toe(OUT/IN) -0.05/+0.05 and it seems to handle more smoothly, there isnt alot of difference in the speed of laps that im doing, i just think it feels a bit better.

When you are on a road course you don't want the car to pull to one side unless the road course has more left turns than rights, or vise versa. I would run no toe in/out on the car on a road course. Use that toe setting for the High Speed Ring or Daytona. :)

Also, trying taking the camber adjustments back on the car. Road courses are usually flat, so you want as much of the tire on the pavement as possible.

im still using GT5PJP

fastest time with the GTR for me was 2.10

R3 tires
everything off except 2 out of 10 for TCS

I tried some other settings, record on this one is 2:07.739

Ride Height 0/0
Spring: 3/3
Damper: 1/1
Toe: -0.00/+0.00
Camber: 1.4/1.3
Torque split 30/70
1st: 4056 (54 km/h)
2nd: 2301 (95 km/h)
3rd: 1595 (137 km/h)
4th: 1248 (176 km/h)
5th: 1000 (219 km/h)
6th: 0796 (285 km/h)
Final gear: 4250

Looks like the gears could still use some work, but it runs great on Suzuka. I kept the toe/camber settings at their defaults, which feels pretty good. And I consider some tweaking on the brakes and ABS.

Let me know what you think!

Would it be smart to summarize these settings in the first post, since I now have two decent setups for this car? Which one do you feel is best? Or do you perhaps have a better setup?

Back