Nissan IMs Sport Sedan Concept

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by R1600Turbo, Jan 14, 2019.

1. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Any bets on this replacing or being the next Maxima?

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/01/14/nissan-ims-concept-ev-detroit-auto-show/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RocZX

RocZX Premium

Their last "sports sedan concept" became the Maxima, this will likely be the next Maxima.
    Is Nissan ever going to make a performance version of the Maxima, its thier "4 door sports car" why can't it have a performance version?

3. Joey D

Joey D Premium

So, we've reached the point where companies no longer want to call their vehicles crossovers and instead just makeup classes? It's a crossover, just call it a crossover.

KepleroGT likes this.
  4. Nacho Libre

Nacho Libre

It's a tall car... like we had in the 20's, 30's and 40's.

KepleroGT likes this.
  5. Traviizter

Traviizter

So they just decided to just put a saloon on stilts, that's fair enough... looks a bit strange though. The overall design is pretty sleek but the height throws me off.

6. 05XR8

05XR8

Hopefully, now it becomes a full fledged Q60, in a sense. Don't know why it took so long to have awd in the Maxima. It was first rwd. Then, fed. Subaru and Audi made awd available and permanent, while boosting performance.
    After the 1st Gen 4DSC, was a shame that with increase in Maxima hp, Maxima didn't become the North American Skyline 4-door.

7. Carbon_6

Carbon_6

First Rolls-Royce calls their SUV a 'High-Sided Vehicle'. Now Nissan is calling this the 'Elevated Sports Sedan'.

:odd:

Dread to think what Ferrari would class their SUV when they inevitably announce it... Raised High Performance Sedan?

KepleroGT likes this.
  8. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Because the Q50 is the North American Skyline 4-door.

9. 05XR8

05XR8

Yeah, it literally is. Just that, it was so popular, once the 222hp SE came out, that was the one. My cousin and an old coworker of mine, each bought one. The thing was quick!

I guess G35/37 stopped it from ever happening, but weird the flagship(GT-R) is a "Nissan". Maxima could have been a true 4DSC.