Nissan SKYLINE GT-R Vspec (R33) '97 Settings

• Thread starter Praetorian
  • 3 comments
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R Vspec (R33) '97 Settings

A while back someone (likely several people) asked which car to use for the Pro Hall Supercar Festival. I said I used my Skyline but didn't really elaborate on it as I had an endurance going at the time & couldn't look into it further. I cant find that post again, so I decided to post my settings for it here. I'm ashamed to admit these settings do use a bit of ASM, but only a little ;) I bought this car used with 6.2 miles on it, but if you have higher miles, get a refresher plan.

Note: These settings were made specifically for the Supercar Festival, and as such I am using S2 tires. These are really garbage for a car this fast when it comes to braking, so I recommend not flooring the brakes as you'll just lock up & not slow much at all. It seems to work best in some places (such as the hairpin in New York) to apply only 3/4 braking power. A good read concerning this is Scaff's notes on threshold braking.

Anyway, here are my settings:
Parts:
Port polish, Engine Balance, Displacement up, Sport chip,
Racing muffler, racing brakes, brake controller, Racing intercooler,
Stage 5 turbo (buy in tuner village), Racing suspension,
Full Custom Transmission, triple clutch, racing flywheel, carbon driveshaft,
Full custom LSD, VCD, Wing, S2 tires, Rollbars, stage 3 weight reduction.

Settings:
Suspension
Spring Rate: 9.2 / 9.2
Ride Height: 95 / 105
Bound: 4 / 4
Rebound: 6 / 7
Camber: 2.5 / 1.5
Toe: 1 / -2
Stabilizers: 3 / 3

LSD
Initial: 10
Accel: 40
Decel: 20

VCD:
Amount: 10

Downforce
Amount: 16 / 21

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 5
TCS: 1

Brake Controller
Brakes: 16 / 12

Transmission
Autoset 14

I'm no pro driver, I still smack a few walls, and I claim nothing more than the most rudimentary knowledge of the art of GT4 tuning, but this is what I came up with, and I owned the Cien with it. I'm happy with these, but i'm sure someone else can come up with better.

Dudejo is right. Als I recommend you to loose the driving aids alltogether. Drop the brakes to 8/6, that 16/12 will lock the wheels every time you even think about the brakes. Otherwise this looks good, except for one more thing; Never ever buy the rollcage! When the car gets alot of mileage and you need to do the chassis refresh, you shall not apply it. The car gets screwed badly, and practicly undrivable if you apply the refreshment plan. And without that, the car is doomed anyway... Eventually it will be too worn in the chassis to be drivable.

Back