Nissan Skyline R34 M-Spec Nur II

Hey guys I'm trying to win the "Like The Wind" race in the extreme hall. The only problem is my car's gears aren't fast enough.Can anyone help me out with the gear settings.

If memory serves, the fastest prototype in the race is the Sauber Mercedes C9 with a top speed at our around 360 km/h (roughly 240mph). If you can gear the car to hit 250+, you'll be golden. The tuning chart in the Transmission sub-menu cuts off around 200mph, so if your top gear(s) extend much beyond that, you're getting warmer. Keep something else in mind, though: as wind resistance increases, power required to overcome drag becomes less direct-multiple and more exponential. Just so you understand, the Sauber has around 987bhp, so you're going to need power in that region (800+) to overcome the forces of drag and wind resistance.

Have you used the tranny trick yet? If not, set your final drive ratio to the highest number (lowest setting) and then adjust your autoset slider to 25, then to 1. From there, do NOT touch the autoset again, but decrease the numerical value of your final drive ratio until your 5th gear extends slightly off the right side of the gear map in the upper ranges, and 6th disappears almost immediately. Then you can adjust for flavor and get that car moving around 260mph for an easy win.

The car with the highest top speed is the Toyota GT-One. I saw people going over 380 mph with it. My max is 320 but I didn't spend a lot of time tuning it. And I don't get the title. What does the Skyline have to do with this?

If memory serves, the fastest prototype in the race is the Sauber Mercedes C9 with a top speed at our around 360 km/h (roughly 240mph). If you can gear the car to hit 250+, you'll be golden. The tuning chart in the Transmission sub-menu cuts off around 200mph, so if your top gear(s) extend much beyond that, you're getting warmer. Keep something else in mind, though: as wind resistance increases, power required to overcome drag becomes less direct-multiple and more exponential. Just so you understand, the Sauber has around 987bhp, so you're going to need power in that region (800+) to overcome the forces of drag and wind resistance.

Have you used the tranny trick yet? If not, set your final drive ratio to the highest number (lowest setting) and then adjust your autoset slider to 25, then to 1. From there, do NOT touch the autoset again, but decrease the numerical value of your final drive ratio until your 5th gear extends slightly off the right side of the gear map in the upper ranges, and 6th disappears almost immediately. Then you can adjust for flavor and get that car moving around 260mph for an easy win.
I just won the race with my Mitsubishi 3000gt vr-4 turbo,it has 871BHP.My max speed was 244, and I won by 18 secs over the GT one.

The car with the highest top speed is the Toyota GT-One. I saw people going over 380 mph with it. My max is 320 but I didn't spend a lot of time tuning it. And I don't get the title. What does the Skyline have to do with this?

Fab, you're talking about the fastest prototype in the hands of a human driver. I'm referring to the fastest car in the hands of the computer. Usually, it's either the Sauber at around 360km/h (240mph) or the R92CP at around 355km/h (235mph). If you can tune a car to beat that speed outright, you've got your winner for the Like The Wind race and a nifty new W12 Nardo Concept prize car.

Nice job on the win, Professor! I knew you'd be able to do it, because this race is cake. Enjoy that new fire-orange W12!!

Fab, you're talking about the fastest prototype in the hands of a human driver. I'm referring to the fastest car in the hands of the computer. Usually, it's either the Sauber at around 360km/h (240mph) or the R92CP at around 355km/h (235mph). If you can tune a car to beat that speed outright, you've got your winner for the Like The Wind race and a nifty new W12 Nardo Concept prize car.

Nice job on the win, Professor! I knew you'd be able to do it, because this race is cake. Enjoy that new fire-orange W12!!
But for some reason i cant get my skyline 240 at all :(.

I did the Like the Wind a while back but I'm almost sure that is used the GT-One with that top speed configurations but in different tires. And won. And got the lovely W12 which is good when I want to see wheels spin and the smoke coming out of the tires :). Can be really fast though.

Try an autoset of 25 with a final gear ratio of 2.675.

If that doesn't work, adjust final gear ratio in increments up to 3.125.

Last edited:

the x2010 is alot faster then the gt one and the minolta is just as fast if tuned right, the only race car i cant outrun in any car i dial in is the jag xk90 race car which actally has more power then a minolta dialed and broken in,, the minolta has 1040hp and top speed of 250mph the jag has 1090+hp brokein and top speed of about 270mph dialed in.

Erm, you know you're posting in the GT4 forum, right?
X2010 and Jaguar XK90 don't exist in that game.

Oh, and while you're at it, you should re-read the Acceptable Use Policy for this site, (which, given that you only joined today, we're surprised you've managed to forget already!) and befriend your "Shift" key so that you can comply with the request to use decent grammar and use capital letters properly.
Thanks. ;)

Last edited:
Back