Nissan to expand the Nismo lineup

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 37 comments
How many nismo cars are currently available around the world?

The only Nismos that i really like are the GTR and 370z. Wished if they would bring the Nismo Juke here but knowing nissan stated here that the new Kicks will replace the juke and tiida/versa then probably not.

Nismo sentra? I heard it's a disappointment but not sure why tho.
Nismo patrol? While it isn't really a performance vehicle and more of a luxury/sporty trim design, it did sell "well" due to being a popular SUV. However i find it hard to justify it's $26K upgrade from the top range model for a minor power upgrade and bilstein suspension that probably ruined the off roading capability. I know what I just said would probably be ironic in some ways.

Sorry for my long and meaningless posts.

How many nismo cars are currently available around the world?

The only Nismos that i really like are the GTR and 370z. Wished if they would bring the Nismo Juke here but knowing nissan stated here that the new Kicks will replace the juke and tiida/versa then probably not.

Nismo sentra? I heard it's a disappointment but not sure why tho.
Nismo patrol? While it isn't really a performance vehicle and more of a luxury/sporty trim design, it did sell "well" due to being a popular SUV. However i find it hard to justify it's $26K upgrade from the top range model for a minor power upgrade and bilstein suspension that probably ruined the off roading capability. I know what I just said would probably be ironic in some ways.

Sorry for my long and meaningless posts.

So currently you have the GTR, 370Z, Sentra, Patrol, Juke, Note, March.

Senta is a disappointment because it's not all that powerful compared to the concept which is nearly 70 horsepower better than what the public ended up with. The SR Turbo is pretty much the same on paper, minus the "cool" nismo body kit and tuned suspension. So you can get either the SR turbo or the Nismo, but you pay 5k more for the Nismo it seems.

The Patrol Suspension upgrade supposedly made it more off road capable, it also has a deflation and inflation kit for the tires built into the car to further help off road. So other than the power increase being weak, especially compared to the competition from other brands it's not that bad. Until you look at the extra you have to pay.

Once again it's a manufacturing issue currently I've said, where as we keep going on and on, car companies are finding more and more ways to sell limited or special variants of vehicles for a premium, but give hardly anything that warrants such vehicles and pricing.

Last edited:
Concept Sentra Nismo was 240hp, or 52 more than what we got.

I remembered it being 250 so 62 horsepower is where the "nearly 70 more" came from. Also considering the Pulsar concept had 250 as well is probably another reason why I was sure of it. If it is 240 the point is still as critical in that Nissan had a concept that would have worked just fine with 50+ more horsepower, and instead gave a watered down version which runs parallel to another trim with the same specs.

I mean thanks for clearing it up I suppose.

Well, Nissan are biding their time in between models. Riding the wave of SUVs for the meantime.

I almost think it would take NISMO owners, that have a second lesser NISMO, to provide feedback to Nissan.

Unless someone in the know could explain otherwise, Nissan would listen if a car like the IDX/NISMO was made in limited numbers. Even if he NISMO Sentra was bought by enough GT-R owners, there could be power upgrades developed(although highly unlikely, as I stated before, about Nissan wading out these current models).

I remembered it being 250 so 62 horsepower is where the "nearly 70 more" came from. Also considering the Pulsar concept had 250 as well is probably another reason why I was sure of it. If it is 240 the point is still as critical in that Nissan had a concept that would have worked just fine with 50+ more horsepower, and instead gave a watered down version which runs parallel to another trim with the same specs.

I mean thanks for clearing it up I suppose.
It's right in here:

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/nissan-sentra-nismo-concept-news

Either way, there are plans for another so hopefully they learned their lesson.

Back