Please see my sig.
Did Jenson Button cry when Vettel took him out at Spa ? nope so don't complain![]()
the reason why i'm so confused on this chassis restoration thing is that I took my brand spankin new LF-A into practice mode (stupidest thing I've done so far) and played around with it on TGTT. Did a couple donuts, did a couple burn outs, and lost control and hit an invisible wall at about 25-30mph. After that, I realized I had damage and I quit right away. looked at my chassis restoration page, and it would cost me 138,000+ cr to fix.
So if it wasn't that crash, what could have made me need a restoration?
the reason why i'm so confused on this chassis restoration thing is that I took my brand spankin new LF-A into practice mode (stupidest thing I've done so far) and played around with it on TGTT. Did a couple donuts, did a couple burn outs, and lost control and hit an invisible wall at about 25-30mph. After that, I realized I had damage and I quit right away. looked at my chassis restoration page, and it would cost me 138,000+ cr to fix.
So if it wasn't that crash, what could have made me need a restoration?
the crash did. i wouldn't worry about it yet unless you see a noticeable change in your car's performance. maybe with the mechanical damage patch that chassis restoration will actually mean something
As soon as you drive the car, the option becomes available and stays at the same price. It doesn't matter whether you crash or not.
Personal experience, as well as many other people posting on this forum who have actually tested it rather than just assuming it's because of damage.where do you get this information from, crazedmodder?
I could have just said that, but I think it's important to spread the word because even in the threads where people continuously say it has nothing to do with damage and post about the tests they've done to prove it people will still come in and say "I can't believe I have to pay to fix my car for damage omg!!! What crappy game design". I'm sure if this thread stays alive we will see some people come in and post that here as well (though I hope not). Why not put it in my sig? What would be more useful? Before this I had a few lines from a song and before that I had an M5 logo in text so would those have served a better purpose?This is purely a "just saying" moment, but...that's not much of a sig. You had nothing better to put there? Like...couldn't you have just said that?
As the other guys have said, it's just a fee for racing your car. Materials degrade over time, especially in an environment as stressful as racing as all the flexing will eventually weaken the chassis. Just because it shows up after you drive it does not mean you have to purchase it. You do it when your car feels like it does not drive the same anymore because the fee is fixed whether you do it after 1M or 10000KM crashing into 400 walls. Always about 50% the value of the vehicle.the reason why i'm so confused on this chassis restoration thing is that I took my brand spankin new LF-A into practice mode (stupidest thing I've done so far) and played around with it on TGTT. Did a couple donuts, did a couple burn outs, and lost control and hit an invisible wall at about 25-30mph. After that, I realized I had damage and I quit right away. looked at my chassis restoration page, and it would cost me 138,000+ cr to fix.
So if it wasn't that crash, what could have made me need a restoration?
This is purely a "just saying" moment, but...that's not much of a sig. You had nothing better to put there? Like...couldn't you have just said that?
People fall into this trap all the time.
Test this please:
Get a brand new car and go do 2 laps of something DO NOT crush at all just go as slow as possible.
When you exit the track enter the car shop and you will see you will have to pay FULL repair cost as if you had totally wrecked that thing There is no damage accumulation cost it's a fixxed price based on the car's price.
I have seen some guys getting freaky with it for no reason, one guy was paying after every race, repair cost for the frame for his B-Driver.
It would be good to put it in the FAQ I guess, but I don't know how many people actually read that. Then again I wonder how many people would read my sig unless I pointed it out, I like to read sigs but I doubt everyone does.Im with crazedmodder on this one.
Think of his sig as a public service announcement.
Now no matter which thread he posts in people will get informed of this knowledge.
I think more people should use their sigs in such a manner. Not just for the damage thing, but other misnomers or just plain good information to know.
I like to read sigs but I doubt everyone does.
the reason why i'm so confused on this chassis restoration thing is that I took my brand spankin new LF-A into practice mode (stupidest thing I've done so far) and played around with it on TGTT. Did a couple donuts, did a couple burn outs, and lost control and hit an invisible wall at about 25-30mph. After that, I realized I had damage and I quit right away. looked at my chassis restoration page, and it would cost me 138,000+ cr to fix.
So if it wasn't that crash, what could have made me need a restoration?
that is horrendous! why so much money to repair??! i have always disagreed with the introduction of damage into gt5, gt5 is a driving stimulator not destruction derby, is there a option to turn it off or is it forced down our throats? so annoying, where the hell would you get 138k to fix the car lol