No Detomaso?

  • Thread starter Thread starter masterdan
  • 28 comments
  • 1,228 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
22
I just want this confirmed... Will there, or will there not be Detomaso in GT4?
 
Read the READ THIS; GT4 Master Car List thread. 👍 The answer is no confirmation at the moment.
 
Noone knows.

There is no official carlist yet. Anyway I have never heard that DeTomaso will be in gt4 so I would be surprised if that's the case.
 
I saw it already... I'm just wondering, cuz it WAS in the unnoficial list. Shouldn't it be in the new one, as a mentioned car?!
 
masterdan
I saw it already... I'm just wondering, cuz it WAS in the unnoficial list. Shouldn't it be in the new one, as a mentioned car?!

Unofficial list? You mean the official wishlist with 776 (or what the hole how many it was) cars? If that's the case, remember it's simply a wishlist...
 
Can a mod close this thread now please.
 
and someone tell that guy what the purpose of a wishlist is
 
Ergh, if there are De Tomaso's, I hope they mercifully exclude the later, uber-fiberglassed, hideousness editions.
 
Yea... they went a little crazy with the later models...
 
masterdan
Yea... they went a little crazy with the later models...

Another example of 80s "style."
 
240Z
Another example of 80s "style."

You mean the Guara? I think it looks ok. And speaking of 80's style, the Pantera II has got an awesome design.
 
Hmmm....Gimme a link to a pantera II. I'm not sure If i've seen one before...
 
Only 38 of them were sold.

Pantera II:

SI_1.jpg


SI_2.jpg
 
PicFetch
http://www.supercars.net/cars/1991@$Detomaso@$Pantera%202g.html

PicFetch

This is a 91 model but I think it started production in 89.
 
Yea...I've seen it. It looks a lot like a Ferrari.
 
Eh, shades of Diablo, Lotus Esprit, and Lister. Personally, I don't care for it.
 
240Z
Eh, shades of Diablo, Lotus Esprit, and Lister. Personally, I don't care for it.
It looks like a homemade Ferrari..
 
Yeah. Let me edit my post...
 
Lol.... I never really cared too much about the 1975 and up Panteras' myself.
 
I only know two De Tomasos. The Pantera GTS with the Ford motor, and that Mangusta before it went to Qvale.

The Pantera GTS was a pretty fun car in Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 until it was getting too slow to compete with the crazy Nihonjin illegal street racers in the game. I know the Mangusta because it raced Trans-Am in early 2000. I think Brian Simo raced one and didn't really do too well apart from his former Valvoline Mustang from the late 1990s.

No De Tomaso? Doesn't really bother me to be honest.
 
live4speed
Can a mod close this thread now please.

I don't know if you actually requested it when you posted this and the mods deemed it fine to ignore, but I've requested again anyway. The list of 778 cars was not a real car list, a lot of the cars in it will not appear in GT4, a lot will. The359's Master Car List explains all the cars we think may appear in GT4 and reasoning behind them - if you have any questions, I suggest you take them up in that thread.
 
I saw an old Pantera a few weeks ago. Sounded great with its big Ford V8. I'd like to have it in the game, and see how it compares to the old GT40.

Factory Pantera's were successful in the 1972 GT championship and raced in Le Mans that year ...

De%20Tomaso%20Pantera%20G4%20P2%203.jpg


... and even still in Le Mans 94 a Pantera raced against Ferrari's F40, Venturis LM600, Honda's NSX, Vipers, and a Bugatti.

Le_Mans-1994-06-19-037.jpg


Definitely worth its place in GT history 👍
 
Buggy Boy
I saw an old Pantera a few weeks ago. Sounded great with its big Ford V8. I'd like to have it in the game, and see how it compares to the old GT40.

Factory Pantera's were successful in the 1972 GT championship and raced in Le Mans that year ...

De%20Tomaso%20Pantera%20G4%20P2%203.jpg


... and even still in Le Mans 94 a Pantera raced against Ferrari's F40, Venturis LM600, Honda's NSX, Vipers, and a Bugatti.

Le_Mans-1994-06-19-037.jpg


Definitely worth its place in GT history 👍

I like it 👍 Hope they include both the Pantera and the Pantera II... (My boss has a disassembled specimen in the basement, the one with the Ford engine.. I'll see if I can convince someone to let me in so I can grab a few photos...)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back