No GT so Project Cars...

• Thread starter PorscheHD
  • 13 comments
Netherlands
Lienden, Holland
GasMonkey_NL
So now GT is deleyed i sold the XBOX because of GT. release this year. I orded Project when its released on PS4 so my only for now is playing project cars if i wamt circuit racing.

So yesterday i installed it again because when it released i think it was crap. Now i dont have a choice and it is less crap when it released.

Only problem is..... In all the racing games i am more then good with the DS4 but with project cars i can go fast through au rouge because of the twitch strage controlls or something. So the question is how to setup project cars on my ps4 with the dual shock controller.

Ps: sorry for my not so good english but i think its readeble ;)

Ever since codemasters went down the gutter by making need for speed type games I have been playing GT5 & GT6 and Project Cars but now I cant find any other good racing games on the PS4 the only thing I use my PS4 for now is watching movies. Why cant they just make more racing games like when the PS2 was around.

Try the settings here as a base setting for the DS controller.https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439605295

I run a variation of this setup. You will have to play around with it a bit to get it how "you" like it, but it's a good starting point. I about threw my controller through the tv when I first got PCars and finally fiddled with the settings enough that it is much better.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439605295
So now GT is deleyed i sold the XBOX because of GT. release this year. I orded Project when its released on PS4 so my only for now is playing project cars if i wamt circuit racing.

So yesterday i installed it again because when it released i think it was crap. Now i dont have a choice and it is less crap when it released.

Only problem is..... In all the racing games i am more then good with the DS4 but with project cars i can go fast through au rouge because of the twitch strage controlls or something. So the question is how to setup project cars on my ps4 with the dual shock controller.

Ps: sorry for my not so good english but i think its readeble
;)

Other good race games on PS4, to me anyway, are Dirt Rally and the new Valentino Rossi MotoGP game.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439605295

Ever since codemasters went down the gutter by making need for speed type games I have been playing GT5 & GT6 and Project Cars but now I cant find any other good racing games on the PS4 the only thing I use my PS4 for now is watching movies. Why cant they just make more racing games like when the PS2 was around.
Codemasters have found their way again recently. DiRT Rally is superb, and F1 2016 is a great F1 experience even if the physics aren't fully sim level (still better than any previous Codies F1 game).

Then Assetto Corsa is out now, giving full on simulation experience of driving to console users (read up about it before you buy since it's light on features but focus on wonderful communicative driving experience is appreciated by many).

Milestone have made a few very decent games lately, with Sebastien Loeb Evo Rally being high on content if not the most pretty, and Valentino Rossi if you like bikes.

The only thing really missing on PS4 now is proper car collecting/tuning, but to be honest GT Sport looks like it won't have that, so if you want that type of game the best way to get it is Xbox One and Forza right now :(

you are on a site with people who like sim racing,........... what do you think most people use when driving a car?
A ds4 or a wheel??

(not bashin ds4 users, but if you only play racing games and have no wheel thats kind of odd.)

Try the settings here as a base setting for the DS controller.

I run a variation of this setup. You will have to play around with it a bit to get it how "you" like it, but it's a good starting point. I about threw my controller through the tv when I first got PCars and finally fiddled with the settings enough that it is much better.

Other good race games on PS4, to me anyway, are Dirt Rally and the new Valentino Rossi MotoGP game.

So nobody plays it with ds4.......okay

Click the link I posted, or don't. Yes, I play it with the controller - but if you read your own thread you would know that.
Good luck. . .

@PorscheHD

I could post my DS4 setup, but you probably won't see anything in it that defies any of the tips that have already been linked to. My euro buddy @Cardahs used the exact settings save for steering senstitvity [before he got his wheel], and he's always been faster than I (and I'm no slouch). Getting the settings to your liking isn't so disimilar to tuning a car. You'll never get it "perfect", but the goal is to get it to where it's manageable according to the way you use it. Then it just boils down to practice, practice, practice. When I first got PCARS I was a mess. Even after tuning the DS4 settings it was still VERY difficult to have very much confidence with regards to where I was putting the car on track. Hot lapping was one thing, but to be able to cleanly race close to somebody or *gasp*overtake*gasp* seemed like an impossible feat.

As they often say, smooth is fast. That's no BS. Practice. Practice. Practice.

Feel free to friend request me. We can turn some laps sometime. I race with these guys [PITS] when I can.

Back