No Gymkhana GC8?

ProjectTuning
I'm kind of sad that there doesn't seem to be a Gymkhana version of the GC8 Impreza. Is there an open mode like Dirt 2 where you can select most any car to gymkhana with? I haven't played around enough to find one ...

I'm Level 30 and have found nothing though there is a 90's Impreza (I've seen the AI use it but I don't have it) in the DLC (bonus code thing in the box.)

I've not used my code yet so I am lacking the 90's shape I believe :)

Edit: You can't use any car in Gymkhana, only set cars :(

I have the GC8 Impreza from the DLC pack (PC version). But it's just like Dirt 2 where cars a "built" for certain disciplines and can only be used in those races. Kind of weird that you can't use all the cars for Gymkhana as it's just goofing off in a parking lot at the root of it ... you can do that in any car.

I'd love to 'goof' around in a Trail Blazer car!

I wish I had the DLC pack, do you know if the code for Ps3 is per account or per console? As my dad & me share the same console :(

I'm kind of sad that there doesn't seem to be a Gymkhana version of the GC8 Impreza. Is there an open mode like Dirt 2 where you can select most any car to gymkhana with? I haven't played around enough to find one ...

But there is DLC for 3 more Gymkhana cars: The Mini Cooper S Gymkhana, Saturn Sky and Scion tC.

But there is DLC for 3 more Gymkhana cars: The Mini Cooper S Gymkhana, Saturn Sky and Scion tC.

Yeah, I saw that today. Better than just the 2 Imprezas, the Fiesta and the Evo X.

BTW, Why no Evo IX in 3? Kinda miss it as that's what I drive daily. Was nice to have it in there. They kept the older STI but not the Evo ... weird.

Same here ... can get used to it, but I feel the same about it as I do in real life. Much heavier than it's predecessor. The IX would be a great addition and they already have the models from 2. I'm sure there is a reason, but seriously ... there are way too many Subarus. lol.

It's nice. I hope PSN comes back up soon for you so you can snag it. I saved a video yesterday of the Colin McRae Vision Impreza on one of the rally stages at night. Should have it posted today if I can get my video conversion working correctly.

Me too buddy! Love to drive it so much since I owned one in a Celica on a Head 2 Head in the Tour. Can't wait for the Head 2 Head World Tour i'm progressing towards :)

Head to Head is my favorite event. I missed it so much in Dirt 2. I think the implementation was a little more true to the sport in Dirt 1, but it's still good to have it back.

Cooper Gymkhana? I have trouble imagining that

Yes, even more so since it's the old one:

dirt3_game-2011-05-25-15-59-09-34.jpg

This is the tC:

dirt3_game-2011-05-25-15-59-06-86.jpg

And Sky:

dirt3_game-2011-05-25-15-59-08-08.jpg

Last edited:
Is there an open mode like Dirt 2 where you can select most any car to gymkhana with?
No, you can only use gymkhana cars in gymkhana. There are four: the Fiesta, the Exo X, the Impreza GD and the Impreza GR. I don't think there's actually a GC8 in the game.

Right, that one. Well, it was never available for gymkhana. Nor was there ever any evidence that it would be.

And you need to be a little less condescending. Your "you need to explore your garage some more" comes across as quite arrogant simply because someone cannot - or in this case, doesn't care to - distinguish between Impreza models.

500hp in a 700kg car! That mini will be interesting. Not that it's that impressive, seing as I've seen 3,500hp Minis before...

My mistake Ludes, I apologize, that came off a bit sharp.

I was a surprised that they put this many Gymkhana cars in the game. I was expecting the Fiesta...and that was it, I'm pretty happy with the selection...the liveries on the other hand....yikes.

Although, with the absence of the EVO 9 from the game entirely... so is the availablity for a gymkhana Evo. Which is very sad because one of the most popular vehicles for tradition Gymkhana (before Block) is the Mitsubishi Evo 1-9
The dev's really overlooked that one.

I feel like there will be an Evo IX in the future unless there is some kind of license issue with Mitsu ... like they want some insane amount to use the IX in the game.

Oh, got my GC8 rally footage loaded last night ...

Last edited:
Back