No Man's SkyPS4 

• Thread starter iainn
  • 1,425 comments
Just got patch 1.07 on PS4 don't know exact size but its over 600MB

Bug fixes.
Doup glitch/exploit is fixed.

From reddit: They say that the crashes that some have been having have been fixed.
Performance has improved and of course some exploits have been fixed.

Im afraid ive hit the wall with NMS...the first few days were amazing,played nothing like it in exploring the different planets and gazing up to other planets. But the core repetitive gameplay slowly creeps through and i start wondering what did the developers do with all that time making it...once you look past the awe of it,it seems a very shallow game. The only thing driving me on is upgrading my ship...but again all that is is more slots and a different appearance.

It would be awesome if you could make your own base on your favourite planet and send out units to mine.

Just such mixed emotions with this game.

I've just found my first planet with gravitino balls and hostile sentinels. Not the most profitable way to fill your pockets, but it's certainly the most entertaining way I've found so far :lol:

I've just found my first planet with gravitino balls and hostile sentinels. Not the most profitable way to fill your pockets, but it's certainly the most entertaining way I've found so far :lol:

Even better if you got the stack glitch. Where you can carry 100 balls at a time. (Did that and got me a 36 slot ship) at a measly 11.3 million. (Now upgrading it again)

Im afraid ive hit the wall with NMS...the first few days were amazing,played nothing like it in exploring the different planets and gazing up to other planets. But the core repetitive gameplay slowly creeps through and i start wondering what did the developers do with all that time making it...once you look past the awe of it,it seems a very shallow game. The only thing driving me on is upgrading my ship...but again all that is is more slots and a different appearance.

It would be awesome if you could make your own base on your favourite planet and send out units to mine.

Just such mixed emotions with this game.

Yeah I know the feels mate. The first few days after buying NMS I played it quite a bit, and to begin with I found it pretty good. However, once I had begun to realise that there was really nothing more to the gameplay than I had experienced within the first couple of hours, it became tiring very fast.

The thing that really killed the joy though was finding out that most of what I was excited about the game for was either cut, or just made up by Murray. The game feels much smaller when you realise the Galaxy doesn't even exist, and is just a map to select from an infinite number of basically identical levels, and the star systems are nothing more than a sky box with a few static planets randomly generated.

The crafting is extremely basic, and seems like most of the elements, and the in-depth crafting system we were told about, were cut from the final game. Then we have the ships, which were meant to have different classes with strengths and weaknesses, but that didn't make it either, so ships are identical in all but looks and number of slots.

There's a bunch of other things too that are missing, but I won't go on about it, I'm just disappointed, because the game we were promised sounded so cool, and what we got was akin to a $10/early access game.

After a few days with NMS, it hasn't been put back into my PS4. I've since bought Deus Ex, and that I can definitely recommend!

Well I found a ship I liked that was a crashed ship. 37 slots, I went to view what it had and what I would need. I backed out went to my ship started deconstructing everything went back to the ship. Wasn't there.
Had to reload the save. :/

For who say that it's getting stale and everything. I would say yes it is.
I think a lot of people are saying they wanted the good stuff now.

IMO, if they wanted everything in and to work it right with everything, Probably would of been another year of development or get it out mostly done then do the performances and updates as they come.

I think there was another game that did that, (GT6?)

IMO, if they wanted everything in and to work it right with everything, Probably would of been another year of development or get it out mostly done then do the performances and updates as they come.

If you look back to the interviews before the game came out, I would argue that most of the big things that were promised for this game are missing, actually not even just the big things, most of the promised features are missing, or are completely different, and nowhere near as good, as were promised. So I disagree that they got it out mostly done. They had something like 4 years of development, and in that time made a lot of promises they couldn't keep in the end. The game they hyped up had a lot of depth, the game they released is even shallower than an early access survival game.

I can't even be bothered finishing it now. Might go back to it one day, if and when there's some new content released for it. But as it is now, I've seen everything it has to give without needing to finish it. I heard the finish is a joke anyway, and to be fair, In the 50+ hours I played it, I didn't see anything new after about the 2 or 3 hour mark.

Well I just got my platinum on this.
Took me 2 weeks and 4 days to get it.
Now I can sit on the planet I was originally on to collect sac venom for money. Going to try to max out my ship just from farming them.

Edit: I guess "free" dlc for a year isn't true.
Paid DLC possible, including the "stuff" that was supposed to be already in game. More ships and stations. Hmm.

Last edited:
well I stopped playing a few days ago and i don't think I will be back. I realized the only reason I was playing was to get get a bigger ship but then I asked myself "why?". Its not the same game we were sold by Sean Murray and I think if this place ever does another game I will wait till a week or two after release to see if its worth it.

I think the main challenge for Hello Games at this point is to actually add new content/features in it to keep the playerbase entertained. If they don't, no one will ever buy another title (or paid DLC) from them.

I think the main challenge for Hello Games at this point is to actually add new content/features in it to keep the playerbase entertained. If they don't, no one will ever buy another title (or paid DLC) from them.

I think the biggest feature they could use is VR support.
I could see a lot of people getting on that train.

Real multiplayer could happen.

The rest that was promised should also be in.

Well I wasn't expecting anything when I bought the game, just some fun exploring with a bit of farming. It still is a letdown tho, there's no feel like you are a part of the universe, there's no link to it, planet are lacking different environment, like gaz planet, fire, or even just a volcano, proper snow just not white ground, no forest, no big alien city or space station, most aliens you encounter in a same building is 2 and from the same race. A galaxy seems to be populate only by one race of aliens, I could go on and on and on.

I'll still max my ship I'm case they add some more contents but yeah I can't help but think they could have done something great with it. I would like to talk to the team that came up with the animal generator, tried it and then decide it was fine that way.

well I stopped playing a few days ago and i don't think I will be back. I realized the only reason I was playing was to get get a bigger ship but then I asked myself "why?". Its not the same game we were sold by Sean Murray and I think if this place ever does another game I will wait till a week or two after release to see if its worth it.
Same, after getting a new ship costing me 2 million units, I put the game down and can't get myself to play it anymore. There is no excitement or reason to play it, I'm really bummed about it.

Apparently Sony is giving refunds regardless of playtime. I do feel let down about the game and I would like a refund, but on the other hand, I want them to add to the game and make it worth playing.

Same, after getting a new ship costing me 2 million units, I put the game down and can't get myself to play it anymore. There is no excitement or reason to play it, I'm really bummed about it.

Apparently Sony is giving refunds regardless of playtime. I do feel let down about the game and I would like a refund, but on the other hand, I want them to add to the game and make it worth playing.
Shame I cant get refund as I got a disc copy (I could trade it in I suppose)

Did anyone said anyone said anything about new content that could potentialy be coming ? Otherwise I'll just get a refund as it's cost a lot for not much.

Did anyone said anyone said anything about new content that could potentialy be coming ? Otherwise I'll just get a refund as it's cost a lot for not much.

As of right now there hasn't been any hints on when anything would get added. (Maybe next month maybe a few months) All that was said is we are fixing the game to make everyone happy who can play.

If you are going to do a refund from sony on the digital (If you do see it at a lower price it will still be the same 59.99 for those who got the refund.)

Can you get a refund on PSN purchases?

I believe you can if you follow a certain amount of steps. (Although if you want to revisit it again at a later time and price it might not register)

Well I wasn't expecting anything when I bought the game, just some fun exploring with a bit of farming. It still is a letdown tho, there's no feel like you are a part of the universe, there's no link to it, planet are lacking different environment, like gaz planet, fire, or even just a volcano, proper snow just not white ground, no forest, no big alien city or space station, most aliens you encounter in a same building is 2 and from the same race. A galaxy seems to be populate only by one race of aliens, I could go on and on and on.

I think the same. I was happy to just wander around exploring and finding cool things. I spent hours in WoW climbing all the mountains in the Barrens (before there was flight in Azeroth) just because I wanted to see what was up there.

The problem with NMS is that you've seen everything in the first few hours. There's nothing amazing to discover. It's just recolours and remixes of the same stuff you've seen over and over. There's nothing that I find and think "this is awesome and I'M THE ONLY ONE THAT KNOWS IT'S HERE". It's all unique in the same way that a playthrough of a roguelike is unique, it's technically different but it's all the same stuff.

And it's not even like the stuff that they do have is particularly jaw-dropping. Some aliens, some plants, some minerals, some space stations. Woo.

Honestly, I get more of a sense of exploration and excitement from roaming the Witcher 3 map than from NMS. It's the direct embodiment of the GT5 principle: more isn't always better if 80% of it is crap.

I think the same. I was happy to just wander around exploring and finding cool things. I spent hours in WoW climbing all the mountains in the Barrens (before there was flight in Azeroth) just because I wanted to see what was up there.

The problem with NMS is that you've seen everything in the first few hours. There's nothing amazing to discover. It's just recolours and remixes of the same stuff you've seen over and over. There's nothing that I find and think "this is awesome and I'M THE ONLY ONE THAT KNOWS IT'S HERE". It's all unique in the same way that a playthrough of a roguelike is unique, it's technically different but it's all the same stuff.

And it's not even like the stuff that they do have is particularly jaw-dropping. Some aliens, some plants, some minerals, some space stations. Woo.

Honestly, I get more of a sense of exploration and excitement from roaming the Witcher 3 map than from NMS. It's the direct embodiment of the GT5 principle: more isn't always better if 80% of it is crap.

This is a particularly troubling aspect of procedurally generated content. You sacrifice a massive amount of design intentionality for the sake of quantity of content. As I've done a good bit (and seen quite a bit more) of procedurally/parametrically defined design, I know that often times the tool starts to drive the process of design more than the designer. The results are often, like NMS, generic, repetitive, directionless, and kind of soulless. NMS should have been released as an alpha-level tech demo.

This is a particularly troubling aspect of procedurally generated content. You sacrifice a massive amount of design intentionality for the sake of quantity of content. As I've done a good bit (and seen quite a bit more) of procedurally/parametrically defined design, I know that often times the tool starts to drive the process of design more than the designer. The results are often, like NMS, generic, repetitive, directionless, and kind of soulless. NMS should have been released as an alpha-level tech demo.
Finn "Tiy" Brice of Chucklefish Games offered some good input about that in an interview this month:
"One of the lessons we learned really early on is that you can add as many variables as you’d like to a procedural generation algorithm, and you don’t get any closer to a satisfying experience unless you add context and meaning," says Brice, who started development on Starbound five years ago following his departure working as an artist on Terraria.

..."All of [our environments] meant nothing more than the next one. And you just wanted to jump through them to see how things would change, and that was the experience," Brice says. "But you never became attached to any of them. None of them stood out."

..."In a world where everything is unusual and weird, nothing is unusual and weird," he says. "[So] we started to move away from the environment and the game world and more into the narrative and the context and the meaning, and tried where we could to procedurally generate that."

Here was the latest statement on patch notes for the PS4
Objectives and stuck without Hyper-drive Issues

• Player no longer able to redeem your pre-order ship at a point which would then prevent you learning the hyper-drive blueprint (and if you have done this, we save you).
  • Player no longer able to bypass being sent to find hyper-drive tech by reloading a save in game at a very specific point.

Getting Stuck in the world

• It was possible for players to save their game stuck under the terrain, leaving them stuck. This was caused by getting shot down in atmosphere, and their ship reaching ridiculous speeds as it crashed to the planet. This has been resolved.
  • Whilst it won’t happen anymore, if you are currently already stuck under the world, we detect this and do our best to rescue you.
  • Fixed a couple of other low repro bugs that could result in you falling through the world and getting stuck underground.
  • A raycast in some space stations could hit a very specific point that would put the player inside the floor.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause your ship to be thrown in the sky at high speed when taking off (in rare cases could in turn lead to getting stuck).
  • Fixed an issue that would cause your ship to get stuck in terrain and prevent you from taking off, if the player managed to out run generation of terrain LOD 1, and land inside an overhang.

Gameplay

• Some players were unable to achieve the extreme survival journey milestone, this has been resolved.
  • Fixed an issue where some players had some technology types being reported as “already known” when they weren’t actually known.
  • Under some circumstances a message was sometimes misinforming you that you learnt a blueprint when you hadn’t, this has been fixed now.
  • It was possible you could use up all available slots for waypoints on the galaxy map and be unable to set new waypoints. This is much better now.
  • There was a bug that could cause objective markers to disappear when you loaded a previous save. This is fixed now.
  • Fixed a rare issue when scanning creatures that would cause all planets to show as 100% complete even if you had only completed one.

Save / Load

• Fixed a bug what could cause some corrupt save games to not be loaded, this is now fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where saves made with the system clock set in the future could cause problems.

Crash Fixes

• Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen when warping into a system with a space battle in progress.
  • Fixed a crash that could happen when interacting with an NPC.

Tweaks and Improvements

• It is now easier to scan flying creatures.
  • Fixed height and weight stats being the wrong way around for creatures.
  • Gek towers can no longer be interacted with repeatedly.
  • The ‘You have unredeemed items’ message will now only show for the first 5 minutes.
  • Fixed getting 0% charge on Photon Cannon when buying a new ship and constantly being prompted to charge it.
  • Reduce Suit VO for life support warnings and only do life support VO on 25% and 50%.
  • Fixed grave being transferred to the new star system after you warp.
  • Fixed toxic protection 3 (theta) from having the wrong name.
  • Fixed incorrect marking of sea caves under floating islands.
  • Turning down music and SFX volume in the options will now work correctly (mutes the VO also).
  • If you change ship or multi-tool and then revert to previous save the ship should now be the one you had at the time.
  • Atlas station collision improvements to prevent you from bumping into them too much.
  • Fix for the stars not being discarded during load/warp (causing duplicate stars).

Crash after warping

• Occasionally at random the game would lock up after a warp. This was due to very specific timing in hardware (a threading specific bug) – meaning that unfortunately for some people it was regular, and for others they would never be able to recreate it. This was our most reported crash during gameplay, and has now been resolved.

Game failing to save until you died

• If the player died, and then loaded the game ten times without saving, and then died, player progress wouldn’t be saved from then on until you died again. This is fixed now! This was also causing player’s saves to grow in size.

Crash fixes in scanning

• Quite a rare crash, but in certain scenarios it was possible to scan from space or on planet and crash the game.

Crash warping inside a freighter

• When warping into a battle sometimes the player warped into the inside of a freighter and everything went crazy :( – This is fixed now.

Stranded in Space Station

• If you died in your ship while in atmosphere of a planet with a damaged ship, you could respawn in a space station with your launch thrusters and pulse engine damaged. If you did not have the resources to fix them then you could no longer take off and be stuck there. This will no longer happen.

Loading Corrupted Save Files

• Some players have corrupted save files, we’ve been working with them to still load saves even if they are corrupted (this can happen for many reasons outside of the games control). This fix has allowed many players to still load their save even if they have become corrupt.

Crash fixes for next three most commonly reported issues:

• As the player gathers a huge amount of discoveries, there was a threading issue that becomes more prevalent the more discoveries you have, and could cause the game to crash.
  • If you had collected a large number of blueprints, in a specific order it was possible to crash the game when you received a new blueprint. This has been fixed.
  • Players who set a large number of waypoints could find themselves in a situation where they could crash the game in the Galactic Map, this is remedied now (PS. A better waypoint system is coming).
Then at the very end it says
Overall these fixes should remedy around 80% of our current support requests. We’re working on the next 20% right now.

So still don't expect new features this month.

The mod that allows low flight is a godsend, so much easier to land exactly where you wnat, by allowing you to get low and tip the noise of the ship down!!!!!

Only bad thing is that since there is no collision/rash mechanics in the game, you can get stuck in the terrain when taking off if your not careful.

Really, the game at very least should allow for vertical takeoff and hovering....

So this was posted on the site today.
Hello,
Over the last few weeks since No Man’s Sky released we’ve been inundated with feedback and discussion about No Man’s Sky.

No matter what feedback you gave us, you have been heard and we are listening carefully. Thank you.

Here’s what we’ve been busy with over the 2-3 weeks since release:
• A community/support management team has been brought on board.
• Support issues raised are been categorised by that team, and we are fixing them in order of priority.
• We’ve released 4 patches for PC and 4 patches for PS4.
• We’ve written up patch notes for all those patches. You can find them here.

What matters now, as always, is what we do rather than what we say. We’re developers, and our focus is first on resolving any issues people have with the game as it is, then on future free updates which will improve, expand and build on the No Man’s Sky universe.

This is a labour of love for us, and it’s just the beginning.

If you have suggestions please mail feedback@hellogames.co.uk

Thank you,
Hello Games

If it holds true there will be no paid updates.

I won't be buying another game from them. I can handle the unrealistic optimism of Kaz, that means the games PD release never end up matching up to the hype he builds with his "vision", but the way Murray flat out lied, all the way up to the game's release, and has now gone silent on all the ******** he was peddling, has left a sour taste. I just couldn't trust a thing he said after this.

I think the biggest feature they could use is VR support.
I could see a lot of people getting on that train.

Real multiplayer could happen.

The rest that was promised should also be in.

There's no way they'll be able to add everything they promised. How will they patch in a real open sandbox universe? Because one doesn't exist in any form in the game they made. Same goes for proper star system and planetary physics. They would have to literally build an entirely different game, you can't patch in such massive infrastructure.

They also won't patch in the crafting system they promised, as it relied on a massive amount of elements, and for players to experiment with them to discover things they could make. As it is, there's a handful of elements, and you can't make anything without being given a blueprint by an NPC.

They might be able to patch in proper ship classes, but the way Murray said each one will handle differently and be suited to different tasks, depending on it's class, you would think the game would need a lot better ship physics for that to be meaningful.

Real multiplayer could happen, I agree there, but I would be skeptical of how good it would be, with the poor flight physics, repetitive gameplay, and FPS gunplay that is about on par with PS1 games, I can't see multiplayer being any good really.

+1.

Having just bought and finished Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, I have had my eyes opened to the difference between two such different games. NMS promised to be amazing because of the sheer size, yet ended up being incredibly shallow and boring, with Steam early access titles having more depth. Then you have Deus Ex, which is actually very short, but in the play time, the game world is so packed with things to do, so much variation in gameplay, with a story that is engrossing, beautifully written, and very open to discovering more and more depending how much time you want to take to explore.

It's funny that a game that can take about 20 hours to finish feels like it has 100 times more gameplay than a game that can take 100s of hours to finish lol.

Just want to update that 1.09 is out and the "item" stack glitch is fixed and a few other things.
Nothing really new as of yet.

I believe NMS is still an awesome game. Yes it did not match expectations, but I still support Hello Games.

They just learned a hard lesson. They are a small company that was backed by Sony's top marketing department. In their enthousiasm mistakes were made. They couldn't release the game as they wanted to. Part because of time constraints and part due to over ambitious ideas. So they couldn't make the step to the big league, and are now suffering the backlash of the gaming community.

I still sympathise with them and can't wait for anything new, related to NMS

Found the best quote line for this game.

For every action, there is an unequal and opposite overreaction.

Newton's law of the internet.

Just want to update that 1.09 is out and the "item" stack glitch is fixed and a few other things.
Nothing really new as of yet.
Partly fixed. I found a new crashed ship and when I started breaking up its equiment I noticed five of them ball thinglys that you get all in different slots. When I transferred them they all went into the single slot my previous stack where in.

Back