No Man's SkyPS4 

• Thread starter iainn
  • 1,425 comments

iainn

Premium
United Kingdom
Scotland
yamazumi1966
No one else excited to see this open world exploration game?

Looks amazing and a great idea.

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/06/new-journey-mans-sky-video/

One of the reasons I've got a PS4.

UPDATE JAN 2015:

Still no confirmed release date, but probably after the 2015 E3 in June.

Game Informer's list of articles on No Mans Sky

reddit No Mans Sky wiki

MARCH 2015

Another news article released
http://www.christiantimes.com/artic...ming.exclusively.to.ps4.this.august/51621.htm

No definite release date yet though.

MAY 2015

Article/interview in New Yorker magazine.
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/05/18/world-without-end-raffi-khatchadourian

JULY 2015

A new video from IGN showing gameplay.
http://uk.ign.com/videos/2015/07/20/no-mans-sky-6-minutes-of-exploration-gameplay-ign-first

Last edited:
Anyone else think it looks far too easy to jump between planets? Like easier than driving between cities in Grand Theft Auto even. I don't know...everything looks too contrived for me. Part of the wonderful thing about exploration is that it's a struggle. There is no apparent struggle here.

Anyone else think it looks far too easy to jump between planets? Like easier than driving between cities in Grand Theft Auto even. I don't know...everything looks too contrived for me. Part of the wonderful thing about exploration is that it's a struggle. There is no apparent struggle here.

I agree but its a trailer, it may be harder or easier in the real game.

They dont even have shooting ready to show yet, so theres still alot of work to be done. I'm glad we heard some 'alien' voices. The biggest thing that worries me about this game is the apparent lack of a 'human touch'. Theres no people anywhere. Im not even sure your character is a human.

Anyone else think it looks far too easy to jump between planets?..... Part of the wonderful thing about exploration is that it's a struggle. There is no apparent struggle here.

Depends what you're looking for. I'm not bothered about the struggle. I like the idea of the open universe with different places to go. Will likely be the only non driving game I have.

NMS is easily my most anticipated game since its reveal. It's basically the game I've always wanted and wished for, a sort of ''Space Engine meets Colony Wars''.

Sean Murray explained their decision behind the 'short' distance between planets during an 30 minute interview with Game Informer (if that's what you meant?). While he did agreed that it wasn't realistic, they were aiming for this sci-fi concept art feel, where you could see other nearby planet(s) from where you were standing.

The actual struggle and challenge appears to be the different atmospheres and hazardous environments of the planets (upgrading your ship and suit is essential) and robot guardians that protect the planet's resources from being exploited. Here's a post that goes more in-depth about the game and what we know so far.

Last edited:
This game has got me exited as hell! It's been a long time since I was truly flabbergasted by a game. This will be my reason to buy a ps4

@sems4arsenal Start with a space ship, visit/discover systems, explore full sized planets, extract minerals/goods to sell/trade, upgrade/buy new ship, space combat and gradually work towards the centre of the galaxy.

That sort of covers it. I think.

I'm sure we'll learn more about the things that you can do in the game but a whole universe to explore is enough for me, I just hope it isn't buggy with so many possible environments and creatures.

@sems4arsenal Start with a space ship, visit/discover systems, explore full sized planets, extract minerals/goods to sell/trade, upgrade/buy new ship, space combat and gradually work towards the centre of the galaxy.

That sort of covers it. I think.

What? oh man that's awesome, I thought it was a space simulation where you just explore had no idea there was actually gameplay, why don't they show more of that?, also is there online?

What? oh man that's awesome, I thought it was a space simulation where you just explore had no idea there was actually gameplay, why don't they show more of that?, also is there online?

Yes it's online. Every time someone discovers anything new it gets uploaded so everyone else finds out about it. Don't expect to find many players though. No matter how many play - it's still a very big universe. You can play it offline as well.

Yes it's online. Every time someone discovers anything new it gets uploaded so everyone else finds out about it. Don't expect to find many players though. No matter how many play - it's still a very big universe. You can play it offline as well.

Keeps getting better, there are portals too, game shaping up to be great.

Some vids...

I think I'm looking forward to just "driving" around looking at stuff and exploring the planets. Bit like an open world GT7 in spaaaaace!

I really love the direction this game is going in. A bit vague on details but I have no qualms exploring the universe in my own little space-craft. Games like this really pull me in to what I love about games, simplicity, exploration and beauty.

Don't care how the game is reviewed, it will be mine.

A good interview with Sean Murray but not much is discussed about the objectives of the game, it's more of a technical overview, what impressed me is the variety of generated ships/creatures when he starts showing examples.

Last edited:
Hmmm, this has my attention. Never heard of til seeing this post, glad I took time to investigate as the title of the game didn't seem interesting. Seeing what I have, this looks to be a nice unexpected game.

Didn't knew anything about this game but this nice page on Reddit has muchos information 👍 Like anything you want to know.

Can't wait for this game to be released. All those colours, they make me happy! :dopey:

A couple more news articles on No Man's Sky appearing (see OP), but no definite release date yet. :confused:

According to what I remember from one of the E3 2014 interviews (sorry for not posting any link, there were so many of these interview videos I've watched at that time), Sean Murray said that the release date would only be announced when they're 100% sure of when they can have the game ready. So I think it will only come fairly close to launch.

In my opinion, the rumored August release is just what it is: a rumor and/or best guess from Gamespot.
More closer to the truth is that no one knows, and that there is the intention to release somewhere in 2015.
I think that most probably even Sean Murray doesn't know the date yet :)

I think that's something they've been tinkering with, but are not planning to put in the game (from the start). As they're completely independent I don't think Sony can ask from them to line up with the Morpheus release.

Elite Dangerous seems a more plausible candidate for that in my opinion. As it will be a timed console exclusive for XBONE (and expected this summer) it seems the right fit for Sony to bounce back in 2016 and release it immediately with Morpheus support.

Back