No Man's SkyPS4 

• Thread starter iainn
  • 1,425 comments
Was raiding Manufacturing Facilities in the hope of finding a high value blueprint I could use to get rich :D Cryopump or Superconductor, Something like that. After 10 facilities I received the Quantum Processor. Worth 4.5M units each. I can actually go back to enjoying the game again and not scouring the Landscape for Facilities. :)

Yeah, there are some of these but one of the items needed to craft them is always rare and you won't find it that easily... The tier just below that (2.000.000 units) is the best because you can buy both items required from the space station vendors. Sometimes from the same vendor even.

I'd try a bit more. :)

Yeah, there are some of these but one of the items needed to craft them is always rare and you won't find it that easily... The tier just below that (2.000.000 units) is the best because you can buy both items required from the space station vendors. Sometimes from the same vendor even.

I'd try a bit more. :)

I had been making semiconductors for a while the two ingredients are very easy to get at terminals and space stations. I got to a 100 million with those. I may go back and try and get some more blueprints but for now I'm going to take a rest from facilities.

Dangit! Why does the flying have to suck? That's probably the singe biggest reason I haven't bought Empyrion (PC) yet, if you watch gameplay videos, the flying bit is reminiscent of the flying physics from a Lego game. Everything else about the game seems really well done though. I'm sure I will get over it if the rest of NMS is good. Going to finish up a few games and clear my plate (so to speak) then I will get this game.
When I say it sucks I've exaggeration it a bit. It isn't that bad, indead it is perfectly usable, it just isn't as good as Elite Dangerous, even though that game is effectively Ace Combat in space. This is simpler and doesn't give complete freedom of control.

I ran into an interesting bug.

Loaded my save, I'm in my freighter. My ship is clipping with another starship parked in the same spot. I can even get in that ship even though I've never bought it or any other ship. So I try to lift off in my own anyways. Need launch fuel. ??? Can't make any either. Went to buy some from others docking.

I can finally lift off! But here's the kicker. When I lift off it pulls twice as high as I need to be and I go through the ceiling and am currently flying, more like playing pinball, on the inside of the freighter. I have no idea what to do. :lol:

Edit: Reloading the save multiple times fixed it but wow what a bug.

Bit disappointed, I made a lot of progress with my first base. Was on a nice planet with perfect weather and stuff. I joined a friend's game to test out the multiplayer, All was good. Only when I returned to my planet the weather had changed to superheated rain and it's basically inhospitable.

IMG_20180801_142240.jpg

Still, At least that Quantum Processor blueprint payed off :)

Last edited:
I ran into an interesting bug.

Loaded my save, I'm in my freighter. My ship is clipping with another starship parked in the same spot. I can even get in that ship even though I've never bought it or any other ship. So I try to lift off in my own anyways. Need launch fuel. ??? Can't make any either. Went to buy some from others docking.

I can finally lift off! But here's the kicker. When I lift off it pulls twice as high as I need to be and I go through the ceiling and am currently flying, more like playing pinball, on the inside of the freighter. I have no idea what to do. :lol:

Edit: Reloading the save multiple times fixed it but wow what a bug.
Yes. Been happening since the next update and the bug fixes after it. I either get two ships on top of each other in the same docking bay or two of my exotic ships with the same tall thin design sat in the same space.

Also my ships are never in the same bay I left them in when I get back from a flight somewhere.

Then there's the times I load the game and the only ship docked at all is the one I last used.

Man, I enjoy this game but it's trying real hard to not allow it to be played.

After thinking about it I remembered a ship I found crashed and "bought" it for 0 credits. It somehow made it back to me. It's got a lot of things to fix, but might be worth it with all the space is offers.

Man, I enjoy this game but it's trying real hard to not allow it to be played.

After thinking about it I remembered a ship I found crashed and "bought" it for 0 credits. It somehow made it back to me. It's got a lot of things to fix, but might be worth it with all the space is offers.

Quick tip - Or you could just fix it enough so you can get it to a spacestation and trade it for a another ship. Avoiding all the repairs. :)

I want to say I've seen such a ship but that cockpit is very unique.

Quick tip - Or you could just fix it enough so you can get it to a spacestation and trade it for a another ship. Avoiding all the repairs. :)

That's an excellent idea, I didn't know you could do that. Sounds like good money making too. I've only really been able to get credits by farming silver and gold.

I was so jealous when i joined a friends game, he just bought the game and his second planet he ever landed on was a beautiful planet. No sentinals, plenty of resources, no extreme weather at all and it was full of strange looking life. I made over 2 million just scanning the animals lol. Then I went back to my own game later and was immediately met with an extreme weather warning and my cold protection bar dropping fast.:lol:

some of the crazy wildlife that was on the planet I don't know how that thing flies lol
20180801151413_1.jpg 20180801151420_1.jpg

Trying to find a good planet to build a base on is real hard. I’m just finding dead or empty planets.

I'm enjoying attacking manufacturing plants with rockets. I do the other sort, with the door you have to blast through, with normal lasers with the ship. Has led to a couple of game crashes though.

Another update was released on Steam today:

Fixes and improvements
  • Fixed a case where invalid characters could cause saves to fail to load
  • Fixed an issue with freighter expeditions where, under very specific circumstances, a certain pattern of loading and reloading within a limited timeframe could cause saves not to be loaded
  • Fix to restore savegames for players affected by a specific issue with freighter expeditions
  • Fix for an occasional white screen crash during loading
  • Fixed the Base Restoration mission failing to find a proper site for your legacy base
  • Fixed an issue where players would not know the Living Glass recipe after upgrading their save
  • Fixed an issue where players would not know the Blueprint Analyser after upgrading their save
  • Fixed an issue where players would not know the Frigate Fuel blueprint if they undertook the fleet tutorial in multiplayer
  • Fixed a number of issues with Galactic Commission missions that involved freighters
  • Fixed an issue where players would not see their ships docked aboard a freighter when loading
  • Fixed an issue where players would see multiple ships docked on the same landing pad when loading
  • Fixed an issue where the freighter bridge would unload after accepting a mission from the Galactic Commission Terminal
  • Fixed an issue where players would be jettisoned into space after warping aboard another player’s freighter
  • Fix for frigates not reporting their damaged state correctly
  • Fix for an issue that could block players in the “fuel the warp drive” stage of the tutorial
  • Fix for repairing broken ship slots in Creative Mode
  • Improvements to exocraft laser damage
  • Improvements for animations while turning, jetpacking, and standing on objects
  • Memory optimisations to improve stability
  • Preventative fix for potential stability issue with mission handling
  • Fixed a number of text bugs
  • Fixed a number of incorrect prices
  • Improvements for text translations, especially Japanese

Looks like most major issues have been addressed. 👍

Cool. I board a freighter to find out its spec and cost, I get within sight of the bridge and the whole ship disappeared leaving me in space. :banghead:

I get a mission to break into 4 facilities, the game highlights a manufacturing plant instead. I destroy it, there is no credit for this on the 0 of 4 mission, I wait until the sentinel alert ends and land. As soon as I get out of the ship, instant level five sentinel response. It even survived docking in my freighter and leaving it again.

Another update was released on Steam today:

Fixes and improvements
  • Fixed a case where invalid characters could cause saves to fail to load
  • Fixed an issue with freighter expeditions where, under very specific circumstances, a certain pattern of loading and reloading within a limited timeframe could cause saves not to be loaded
  • Fix to restore savegames for players affected by a specific issue with freighter expeditions
  • Fix for an occasional white screen crash during loading
  • Fixed the Base Restoration mission failing to find a proper site for your legacy base
  • Fixed an issue where players would not know the Living Glass recipe after upgrading their save
  • Fixed an issue where players would not know the Blueprint Analyser after upgrading their save
  • Fixed an issue where players would not know the Frigate Fuel blueprint if they undertook the fleet tutorial in multiplayer
  • Fixed a number of issues with Galactic Commission missions that involved freighters
  • Fixed an issue where players would not see their ships docked aboard a freighter when loading
  • Fixed an issue where players would see multiple ships docked on the same landing pad when loading
  • Fixed an issue where the freighter bridge would unload after accepting a mission from the Galactic Commission Terminal
  • Fixed an issue where players would be jettisoned into space after warping aboard another player’s freighter
  • Fix for frigates not reporting their damaged state correctly
  • Fix for an issue that could block players in the “fuel the warp drive” stage of the tutorial
  • Fix for repairing broken ship slots in Creative Mode
  • Improvements to exocraft laser damage
  • Improvements for animations while turning, jetpacking, and standing on objects
  • Memory optimisations to improve stability
  • Preventative fix for potential stability issue with mission handling
  • Fixed a number of text bugs
  • Fixed a number of incorrect prices
  • Improvements for text translations, especially Japanese

Looks like most major issues have been addressed. 👍

I had hopes this update would allow me to use my save of when NEXT was just out, but unfortunately it did not, that save was still corrupt and caused the game to crash after a few minutes.

So started over again yesterday with a new save no crash encountered so far.
Bit bummed out about the previous save, as I was 8 or 9 hours in, not that far but still.
On the bright side, now I can do thing differently and won't make the mistakes I made in the previous save.

Spent the last few days trying to find a new home planet, Since my original mysteriously changed to constant Superheated rain. Found loads of decent planets but all of them have had some sort of extreme weather. I've found planets labeled as Verdant, Flourishing, Viredescent and countless other endearing adjectives. Yet all of them have had extreme weather.

Update: Can't sell that extra ship I had because it decided to disappear when I went to a new system. Oh well.

In other news. I found an interesting planet with rings, and 2 moons. 1 moon inside the rings and the other between the rings and the planet. I don't think physics work like that.

Story time!

Then there's game breaker #3 I've come across. A fleet came out of warp speed through one of the moons. The tail end of the fleet were at ground level and some in it. Pointing straight up to to the sky. :lol: But they'd disappear when entering the atmosphere. One was a freighter that I went into... when it was invisible in the atmosphere. Guess what happens when you get out of your ship on an invisible freighter? You fall.

Effectively lost my ship so had to reload save. Lost some progress stuff but worth the experiment. This game's bugs are on another level.

Update: Can't sell that extra ship I had because it decided to disappear when I went to a new system. Oh well.

You can call it back. If you click down in the quick menu, go to the ship icon and then all the way to the right, where you'll be able to summon any ship you own other than the one your flying atm. :)

Today I switched one of my exotic ships by another one, very compact...but forgot to carry over all my items. :/ Had some pretty rare ones there like the Circuit Board (my only one).

On the positive side, finally found a 48 slot ship. It's only a B class but it will serve as a mobile warehouse. :D

Looking forward to the community missions and further updates to this game. I really hope that the Next update is just the start for NMS and it will be supported and updated for a long time.

Last few days I've been searching for a new planet for my home base and eventually found a Paradise planet with mostly mild weather. Haven't really done much main stuff, Just base building and all the associated quests that go along with that.

Really made progress with upgrades and equipment. I've got an A class Hauler with max slots which with upgrades I've made into basically what can only be considered an intergalactic AC130 :)

IMG_20180804_074434.jpg

Also got a decent Freighter, A class with 34 slots. Looks incredible.

IMG_20180804_074342.jpg

From my experience, it looks like either the moons of larger planets actually orbit or the rings of planets change orientation after time.

I had a ringed planet with two moons in a now deleted system, and neither one was inside the rings when I first warped in. This was one of them:

No Man's Sky_20180728142036.png

It looks like it's intersecting, but it's not. It's just very close. Now here it is completely inside the ring:

No Man's Sky_20180728153736.png

Flying through the rings but close to the moon yields a strange graphical glitch. The rings will become flat and you can see them through the planet they surround. I should've taken a screenshot of that.

I'm impressed. No sooner do I find a blueprint for the Semiconductor then ships stop carrying the stuff needed to make it. :banghead:

So I stopped getting blueprints from Manufacturing Facilities. Now it's just random upgrade modules that are for the most part all C class junk. I know I didn't find all the blueprints either since I'm missing things like nitrogen salt (or whatever it's called) and hot ice.

Also, how do I get the medium and large refineries for my base? I don't have any base quests and if I build the stations all I gets is "this lifeform is busy".

I have all the blueprints now to make this but it takes a lot of time to craft over 10 different items just to get to this one.

IMG_20180804_024231.jpg

It was way faster to craft 2.000.000 items but I think it was patched already. At least I can't find the same items for sale at the space stations I used to buy them at. Don't know if it's normal... After the last patch the variance of items is very low between different space stations / systems.

Yesterday I've found a planet where I could see 3 or 4 different manufacturing facilities close to each other (you could see them from one to the next). ^^ I think I got 7 or 8 new blueprints there alone. 2 of them were V atlas passes (finally).

I have all the blueprints now to make this but it takes a lot of time to craft over 10 different items just to get to this one.

View attachment 756667

It was way faster to craft 2.000.000 items but I think it was patched already. At least I can't find the same items for sale at the space stations I used to buy them at. Don't know if it's normal... After the last patch the variance of items is very low between different space stations / systems.

Yesterday I've found a planet where I could see 3 or 4 different manufacturing facilities close to each other (you could see them from one to the next). ^^ I think I got 7 or 8 new blueprints there alone. 2 of them were V atlas passes (finally).

The Quantum Processors are hard enough to craft. That's what I've made my billions on though. I make the Circuit boards and buy the Super conductors. Easy money.

On PS4. I've noticed when looking for stuff to make semiconductors that no one carries anything to make then anymore. Additionally the AI ships have only one page of items everywhere except when on the space station. I'm now scrawling along at just under 41 millions when I should be making loads of cash to finance my S ship drive.

On PS4. I've noticed when looking for stuff to make semiconductors that no one carries anything to make then anymore. Additionally the AI ships have only one page of items everywhere except when on the space station. I'm now scrawling along at just under 41 millions when I should be making loads of cash to finance my S ship drive.

NPC ships have always showed only one page of items at places other than Space Stations in my experience? Trading posts Etc.

Decided to make a base and incorporate it into a trading post. Not finished yet but im pretty happy with it so far.

IMG_20180805_184335.jpg

IMG_20180805_184801.jpg

IMG_20180805_184555.jpg

Maybe. It's just that I haven't searched AI ships quite so hard as over the last few days.

@MILO . Nice base idea. 👍

Anyway. Scratch that just under 41 millions. Let's make that just under 38. I just couldn't say no to this little thing even if this S class is only19-6 and makes me curse the devs for being idiots. :banghead:

No Man's Sky_20180805183911.jpg

+59% damage and192 hits without any form of buffing, by me, in the shots is not bad. I got one of the pirates have found something valuable idiot things that I wish they would take out of the game, but this time I played ball. I bit too well. I got a piece of a friendly in the fire fight and headed for safe port when security showed up. I emerged and the same green tailed guy hit with with lasers. Okay, I'll let you have that one I though and left him be as he streaked ahead of me, He turned and fired again. Last mistake he every made. +59% is nice. :bowdown:

I've now got two fighters. This one and my original 48 slot fighter.

I saw this back in the day and knew I had to make her mine.

No Man's Sky_20160822233703.jpg

This is the ship that motivated me to grind crashed ships. Back then a crashed ship was guaranteed to be either the same slot count as yours or one, maybe two slots better. I used the Gem system trick to find all the crash sites on the planets to slowly and finally reach slot count 48. I then went back to my start system and prepared myself for RNG hell. The very first crashed ship was the very one I was looking for and it was 48 slots.

It's been my only ship until I got a freighter but I fell out of love with it when the devs. :banghead: did this to her.

No Man's Sky_20180419181918.jpg

C class. C CLASS! How could you! :banghead: And what's with that paint. Is that.... BEIGE? It's my hauler now. Well 48 slots is 48 slots you know.

Still, at least my one of my exotics still likes her.....

No Man's Sky_20180727180258.jpg

Even if the devs turned all her slots into broken junk.

Last edited:

They patched it. We can no longer find those items at space stations to craft expensive ones.

@MILO I like that idea of building a base close to a TP. I might do it too ^^.

I'm trying to find a nice planet with green grass and good fauna and flora but it's been hard. My main planet is very good but is very red (grass).

Landed on what could be the perfect place...got out of the ship: Threatening sentinels and Acid rains.

Found a A class freighter and changed one of my Exotics (it was basically a ball without wings or front spikes).

I'll try to share some screenshots later of nice things I've seen.

Thanks for the compliments on the base I posted. 👍 Anyone else have any bases to show? Probably going to try and build a nice base built into a hillside next. Has potential to look pretty cool I think.

@Tired Tyres

48 slot C class that is a tease. :)

Like you though, I don't prioritise class over functionality. ive got one of those wierd vertical Spherical S class ships but but ive put so much into my big yellow space bus nothing other than an S class max slot hauler will make me replace it. :D

IMG_20180806_122825.jpg

@zzz_pt I'm having that problem also, I've come across countless Tropical, Paradise, Verdant, Flourishing Etc. Planets but when I land on them they nearly always have some sort of superheated rain or 100°c+ storms.

Back