No Man's SkyPS4 

• Thread starter iainn
  • 1,425 comments
Finally!:bowdown:

IMG_20180814_002420.jpg

I played this yesterday and it kept saying I wasn't connected to online servers. It would not let me join a game. I checked my settings, both in game, to make sure I had enabled online, and on my PS4 settings. All fine. It still wouldn't let me join a game. I played for a few minutes and kept seeing messages about lost contact with online sevices. I quit and played GTS. No problems with that and then went back to NMS. Now it worked for joining games but none of the friend list players who where playing at the same time appeared on my list. Odd. Anybody else notice anything like that?

I played this yesterday and it kept saying I wasn't connected to online servers. It would not let me join a game. I checked my settings, both in game, to make sure I had enabled online, and on my PS4 settings. All fine. It still wouldn't let me join a game. I played for a few minutes and kept seeing messages about lost contact with online sevices. I quit and played GTS. No problems with that and then went back to NMS. Now it worked for joining games but none of the friend list players who where playing at the same time appeared on my list. Odd. Anybody else notice anything like that?

Had the same message on screen for most of the time as well yesterday evening.
Then a while later the game froze, so I restarted and noticed the on screen "not connected" message was gone.

Yep I had the not connected to matchmaking network message all the time I was playing also.

I've been on the hunt for one of those or experimental for the past 3 days too. I know there are glyphs for specific locations but I'd like to find one myself. It's hard as hell :/ I've seen some weird looking B class ones and a cool looking experimental (B) so I didn't get them... because for some stupid reason we can only have 1 multi tool.

I'll try a bit more until my patience runs out. Then I'll try a glyph.

Same here. :/

All my Timeline discoveries have a yellow dot... but I've seen a streamer with all of them red (he plays on PC). I'm not sure they're even being uploaded. I suspect they aren't and I've reported it to HG already but no reply yet.

___

I'll share a few more screenshots later. :) I've been seeing some nice ships and planets and have trade 4 of my 6 ships.

There was a new update yesterday that reduced grow times for somethings and increased grow times for other things.

There is also a new mission for creating building stuff for your base. It has a hour and a half hour cooldown each time you build what it asks you to build.

Last edited:
Yesterday I came across an Anomaly with an S class multi tool in a system with 5 or 6 planets. Did the land/reload thingy in all of them + space station + Anomaly and go a lot of different S class models but not a single Alien or Experimental. :/

Ended up finding an A class Alien and that's the one I'm carrying around for now. Also found a bunch of weird planets with strange tyoes of weather.

I just missed this being on sale in the PS store, now it's back to $60. I can get a disc copy for $20, but really wanted digital.

MMX
I just missed this being on sale in the PS store, now it's back to $60. I can get a disc copy for $20, but really wanted digital.
It will be back on sale again as there are plenty of sales on the PSN

Me and @zzz_pt tried some multiplayer. Several bugs.

1. No Trade Outposts would show up.
2. When you do find one AI ships stop landing.
3. if you leave and come back you can't see each other anymore, just hollow circles.

I was in my ship in the middle pad on the 3 pad section and yet he couldn't see my ship and was able to walk all over my landing pad as if the ship wasn't there and I couldn't even see him do it. I had to see a Youtube video link he made showing it.

I've been hunting for cool ships lately. I've found quite a few and I'm taking screenshots and saving coordinates in case I want to go back and pick one up. I've seen so many I'd like to add to mu fleet...but we can only have 6.

Here are a few more pics (with one of my new ships):

...​

According to twitter a new update has arrived on console. Anybody know about it?

Yeah, I got a download for it last night on my PS4 (1.57 I think). However I can't tell you anything about it as NMS is one of those games that I've collected but never played - it looks to much like busy work for me.

I'm a late adopter of this as I've only got an Xbox One X for now.

I've already sunk around 7 hours on my starter world and although I want to head to space I keep finding points of interest. Artifacts, buildings, drop pods, and most recently a crashed abandoned ship with a ton of inventory slots available if I can find the materials to fix it up. The place I started sort of sucks. It's a fairly barren, waterless, cold and lightly radioactive wasteland with lots of mountainous terrain... but it is home. The Gek here like me so far.

Fascinating game, I'm glad the team continued to support and grow the game after their rocky start.

Stunning pics, zzz_pt.

Very unhappy. Last evening I was picking up my crops in the freighter when I accidentally clicked on my exotic ship which was sticking up from the landing bay. I jumped out of it and instantly died (it was on the same bay as another ship).

When I reloaded I couldn't access the grave. I moved my freighter and then I could access it I couldn't collect my stuff though.

I reloaded again and the grave was gone. I'd lost all my stuff. I deleted the save and downloaded the save from the PSN and I've lost two days with 10 hours, two exotic ships and a collection of glyphs. :banghead:

Still that was slightly better than losing all the stuff that disappeared with the death glitch.

Very unhappy. Last evening I was picking up my crops in the freighter when I accidentally clicked on my exotic ship which was sticking up from the landing bay. I jumped out of it and instantly died (it was on the same bay as another ship).

When I reloaded I couldn't access the grave. I moved my freighter and then I could access it I couldn't collect my stuff though.

I reloaded again and the grave was gone. I'd lost all my stuff. I deleted the save and downloaded the save from the PSN and I've lost two days with 10 hours, two exotic ships and a collection of glyphs. :banghead:

Still that was slightly better than losing all the stuff that disappeared with the death glitch.

That sucks. I see I have to be careful with my bigass fin ship as well when I build something on the freighter. What a stupid bug. :/

Yesterday I traded my green squid ship (20/6 slots 63% hyperdrive) for a small A class fighter (19/4 slots). I couldn't resist it. :D

Isn't she lovely? Its called "The Foe of Death" (default name). :cool:

That sucks. I see I have to be careful with my bigass fin ship as well when I build something on the freighter. What a stupid bug. :/

Yesterday I traded my green squid ship (20/6 slots 63% hyperdrive) for a small A class fighter (19/4 slots). I couldn't resist it. :D

Isn't she lovely? Its called "The Foe of Death" (default name). :cool:
You traded in a squid ship, that I can't find, for a ship that doesn't look as good as my S class fighter that you saw the other day? You are trolling sir. Trolling. :lol:

You traded in a squid ship, that I can't find, for a ship that doesn't look as good as my S class fighter that you saw the other day? You are trolling sir. Trolling. :lol:

It looks sick though. :D

And I sent you coords for a Squid but it was a blue one. ^^ If you want a white or green I also have the coords. No red or yellow though (never saw a red one and the didn't save the coords of the yellow one I got).

Edit: oh forget it, you lost the glyphs. :/

It looks sick though. :D

And I sent you coords for a Squid but it was a blue one. ^^ If you want a white or green I also have the coords. No red or yellow though (never saw a red one and the didn't save the coords of the yellow one I got).

Edit: oh forget it, you lost the glyphs. :/
White would be nice. I'll get the glyphs again as and when.

I wish I could even find an S class anything.

You just got to be patient. Sit at a trading post and wait. Sometimes you get it in the first 5 minutes, other times you need to way hours...

Also, do it only in Wealthy, Opulent, Advanced, Prosperous, Affluent, High Supply systems.

You just got to be patient. Sit at a trading post and wait. Sometimes you get it in the first 5 minutes, other times you need to way hours...

Oh I've done hours. 2-ish hours the most I've sat waiting. Maybe I'm unlucky! Or...

Also, do it only in Wealthy, Opulent, Advanced, Prosperous, Affluent, High Supply systems.

This for some reason I didn't realize however. Makes total sense too. I've usually just hung around calm galaxies so I don't get harrassed all the time. :lol:

In the end, it's not like I have the money. I've finally found my first trade item blueprint that's actually worth something. At 4 million. But I don't have the blueprints to the components. :dunce:

I'm not great at this game but I have fun.

Oh I've done hours. 2-ish hours the most I've sat waiting. Maybe I'm unlucky! Or...

This for some reason I didn't realize however. Makes total sense too. I've usually just hung around calm galaxies so I don't get harrassed all the time. :lol:

In the end, it's not like I have the money. I've finally found my first trade item blueprint that's actually worth something. At 4 million. But I don't have the blueprints to the components. :dunce:

I'm not great at this game but I have fun.

Yeah, we're figuring out as we go. ^^

Rich systems have 2% chance of spawning an S class ship. Average systems, 1%. Poor systems 0% (doesn't matter how long you wait you can't get an S class unless it's an exotic).

Back