No mirror on roof cam is silly, causing accidents

• Thread starter Earth
  • 40 comments
But in the case in matter, faster cars taking a lap from you, You just have to choose a side of the track, stick by that side and let them figure out the safest way to pass you. Just like in real life racing, you just need to be aware that a car to take a lap on you is arriving. In real life racing, if a slower driver is fighting for position, to catch up or avoid being caught, usually takes the ideal line, making the faster car go the other way, if not, the slower car would give the better line to the faster car.
Then, just pay attention to blindspot indicators to avoid diving to the apex when a faster car is diving beneath you.

Just another in a series of idiotic design choices and BS explanations by Kaz.

I don't get why i don't have a 360 degree view in this game like i do in Forza, and the radar is one of the worst implementation of radar i've seen. Totally unusable in a race.

Most of the issues and stupid design choices will never be fixed and it can be explained by the simple fact that Kaz is a has been and needs to go. His ways are ruining this franchise and he's show he's out of touch with modern gaming and modern car culture.

I really want a toggle-able (is that a word?) virtual rear view mirror for all views.

To try and get something resembling a proper FOV I play on cockpit mode and move the camera up and towards the windshield, leaving the mirrors pretty useless in that view. Have to rely on radar.

Agreed. At least make it a toggle. The radar isn't all bad though. There is a space of .300 of a second where opponents are visible behind. Wish it was a bit farther, like .500 of a second, but it takes some getting used to.

Worse than not having a mirror is not giving us the ability to look left and right when in that view. Seriously, who’s bright idea was THAT?

You can look left and right, actually. Depends on how your buttons are configured, but you can swivel around 180 degrees and look back as well. I think it has to be assigned one of the sticks.

If they aren't going to fix the dash cam, they need to fix radar. The car has to be very close before it appears on the radar. A great example of this is seen here... By the time I see a car for me on the radar, it is too late and I get wrecked...

the radar is too short... it's actually the audio cue of the other car's throttle that makes me check the radar. i check the rear view on the straight, listen on the corner... if i hear another rev thats not mine i glance at the radar to see if the guy is dive bombing or on the outside... then i use the throttle to ease off or increase to draw a consistent radius around the corner so we don't collide... lose or gain, i have to keep a consistent radius or else there will be impact.

I haven't played GT since GT3, I understand that previous versions had an adjustable radar. Would love to see that implemented back into Sport.

It's just getting silly now, Roof Cam drivers like myself are basically driving blind out there. Getting into multiple accidents daily because I can't keep an eye on where the other cars are.

I was in a race where the leader was about to lap me and because I was trying to keep track of his position by looking backwards I touched the grass, spun in front of him and wrecked his car.

The amount of stress of having a driver tailing you into a corner and not knowing if he jumped out to attempt a pass is unbelievable. I've chopped the nose off of countless cars because I had no idea they had attempted to pass. If I had a mirror I could see them.

Radar is garbage. You can't judge how close they are properly. You can't properly tell that they're trying to make a move or not it's just not the same as having a mirror. Besides this is a racing Sim, not a fighter jet sim, there's no place for radars. It's a unnatural and in no way a replacement for the mirrors
Use bumper cam. It's the perfect cam for online racing I cannot imagine racing from other view.

If they aren't going to fix the dash cam, they need to fix radar. The car has to be very close before it appears on the radar. A great example of this is seen here... By the time I see a car for me on the radar, it is too late and I get wrecked...

Lol, well you couldn't have avoided that one in any case. That dude just straight up punted you from out of nowhere. :)

Use bumper cam. It's the perfect cam for online racing I cannot imagine racing from other view.

The two issues I have with bumper cam is 1. you can’t see the front of your car so you have no reference of how far you are from the car in front and 2. It’s just not realistic to a lot of people, myself included. The roof cam is the perfect combination of realistic and practical.

Back