No More Tuning Prohibited/Spec/Stock racing! - UPDATE: Feature Added In 1.10

• Thread starter VBR
  • 74 comments

Would you like a Tuning Prohibited option in GT Sport's online lobbies?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This game has things completely backwards right now, no option to disable tuning in lobbies, and no tuning in Sport mode races.

I think they should have both in Sport. Having it rotate as well.

Day 1
N### = One Make No Tuning
Gr 4 = Any Make Any Tuning
Gr 3 = Any Make No Tuning

Day 2
N### = Any Make No Tuning
Gr 3 = Any Make Any Tuning
Gr 1 = Any Make No Tuning

Etc.. etc..

As for the main reason for the post - GTS really needs "No tuning" option for player made lobbies. .. and "Shuffle Racing"

I think it is a great option -- people can choose to use it or not use it.

However, tuning is one of the few ways to stand out in an otherwise level playing field (in addition to driver skill of course). Otherwise just have a one-make race and call it a day.

I think it is a great option -- people can choose to use it or not use it.

However, tuning is one of the few ways to stand out in an otherwise level playing field (in addition to driver skill of course). Otherwise just have a one-make race and call it a day.

You could still tune in a 1 make race couldn't you?

You could still tune in a 1 make race couldn't you?

Not in a true one-make race such as the race currently running in Sport mode at Driving Park (Genesis). Everything is locked except maybe TC, and I doubt that can be changed anyway.

VBR
The Tuning Prohibited option in online lobbies has not been carried over from GT5/GT6 into GT Sport (well not in the demo version at least)...

Can anyone confirm whether enabling BOP in user hosted online lobbies disables all tuning options?

It didn't in the demo when I tested it.

:confused:

Not in a true one-make race such as the race currently running in Sport mode at Driving Park (Genesis). Everything is locked except maybe TC, and I doubt that can be changed anyway.

Can you even have a 1 make race in the lobby?

FYiTuning Prohibited lobby setting now apparently available in GTS 1.10.

Lobby setting change without definition is also mentioned in release notes.

In an online lobby. You can set weather all cars are tuning Prohibited or not. It was a feature in gt6 online and they had removed it and now it's back

The is still one small glitch they need to fix. Weight restriction is set to maximum weight. If you set the weight to 1000KG, you can go below and get into the race. If you go above 1000KG, you are denied entry to the race. PD needs to flip that around.

Last edited:
Are you sure? would be odd considering that is what Sports mode always does.

You can only turn on BoP which prohibits tuning, but also changes the power and weight of every car to its BoP setting. So, even if it's a field full of the same car, they will not run 100%hp/100%kg unless that is their BoP setting.

EDIT - BoP dopes not prohibit the other tuning in lobbies.

Last edited:
Reactions: VBR
Just take our word for it :) we have been using it in SNAIL since it was updated.

:cheers:

gran-turismo%E2%84%A2sport_20180419202208-jpg.730991

Thanks to @Famine for the screenshot. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back