No open beta?

• Thread starter CodeCmdr
  • 7 comments
Austria
::1
What do you guys think; will GTS still have a final open beta phase, or will only the media get access to the game before it's released in October?

I guess maybe we'll get lucky and PD will have time to focus on a final beta after Gamescom. I'd also feel more confident that GTS will have a smooth launch of PD does some pre-launch stress-testing.

I think it would be a smart move. It'll cost them, because the plan was said to be the full game released as a beta right before the game releases. The positive outcome has to outweigh the losses. I think it could do wonders to get the word out and further stress test their servers. They have to be ready for launch. A stable online experience is key for this GT.

I think having a Beta will help the series even more. You'll have your diehards getting it regardless, but for people like me the Beta would be amazing.

There was supposed to be a second beta wasn't there? Forgot about that.

Who knows, it depends on how much they have to do before it's ready for launch. I'm guessing they feel they don't have time for another beta if they want it ready for launch.

What do you guys think; will GTS still have a final open beta phase
An open beta was ruled out months ago.
GTPlanet: How much longer do you plan on running the GT Sport beta?
Kazunori Yamauchi: After maybe one more update — or maybe two at the most — we will close the beta. I’m thinking that after having these closed betas, it might be nice to put up another beta with all of the features that will be available to experience in GT Sport. It would be for a very short time, maybe around August or so.

GTP: So a public beta?
KY: No, we can’t say public, because several million people would rush to play it. That means our server costs would shoot through the roof before we sell the game, so we can’t do that! So it won’t be completely open, but we would like to at least have at least another tier in terms of participation.
As for a potential wider beta, Yamauchi only commented that it would be 'nice' to do so.

Back