No snow tyres for BMW? Are you kidding me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter carlosy
  • 50 comments
  • 4,948 views
Messages
515
I have several premium BMWs now in my garage and wanted to drive on snow tracks but realised that all of them are not allowed to take snow or mud tyres.

This must be a joke, right? :nervous:

Even the crappy Fiat 500 can use every tyres.

It is stupid enough that we can't use any tyre on any track. But the BMWs are not allowed to drive on snow is ridiculous.
 
I have several premium BMWs now in my garage and wanted to drive on snow tracks but realised that all of them are not allowed to take snow or mud tyres.

This must be a joke, right? :nervous:

Even the crappy Fiat 500 can use every tyres.

It is stupid enough that we can't use any tyre on any track. But the BMWs are not allowed to drive on snow is ridiculous.

Doesn't snow in germany near BMW'S why do you think there RWD xD
 
You ever tried driving a BMW in the snow?? It involves lots of sitting still going nowhere!! Trust me - I know!
 
Sorry, all of the above comments are absolutely no reason at all for not having this option available. My friends and I have M5's with Blizzaks and we get around just fine thank you.
 
Besides that, winter tyres are obligatory in Germany during winter... ok, not exactly snow tyres, but still :)
 
You all are joking right?

Something is wrong with my savegame.

Must be wrong... but... it's not April 1st...
 
Sorry, all of the above comments are absolutely no reason at all for not having this option available. My friends and I have M5's with Blizzaks and we get around just fine thank you.

Yep, same here with the Blizzaks. My car handles like a charm in the snow. It snowed a lot around here the last couple of days and I've been out driving late when there is less traffic to enjoy my self in the snow. Real easy to get the tail out and than catch it with the wheel and the throttle and keep it there.
 
Drive a 120i, live in Scandinavia with months of snow, take mine up to the mountains nearly every weekend and holidays during the winter for skiing. Car is brilliant with proper snowtyres, much more predictable than my previous mark 5 Golf. Had an older 3 series once which was a bit of a handfull on slippy roads, bucket of fun though:dopey:
 
Sorry guys, you are not really talking about BMWs are not able to drive in snow, aren't you?

Nissan Fairlady has RWD and is allowed to drive in snow. So it can't be because of RWD.
Honestly, this must be a bug, a very stupid one. And they have to fix this ASAP!
 
If you've got the money for a BMW then you should be able to afford a real snow vehicle.
 
I daily drive my M3 through the winters here in Wi. I've driven an S2000 through 2 WI winters as well. Proper snow tires and a general knowledge of winter driving are all thats needed to get around.
 
You ever tried driving a BMW in the snow?? It involves lots of sitting still going nowhere!! Trust me - I know!

Lol, put winter tyres on the beemer and you'll love snow...
Trust me, i know...

with the new series DTC even rocks when only put on half off.

Dynamic tracion control, on default on,
dtc pressed once it is dynamic,
keep pressing and it's all off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96aQ-qbjcXA

this is what fun is in the snow wit bmw's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLYoAkSHwSA
 
Last edited:
Sorry, all of the above comments are absolutely no reason at all for not having this option available. My friends and I have M5's with Blizzaks and we get around just fine thank you.
But there's a difference between "getting around" and "racing professionally" at high speeds.
 
Same issue with Ferrari? IIRC, my 512BB could not have dirt or snow tyres.
 
I absolutely loved all my BMW's in the snow and so do I my 330d Touring now. Someone who doesn't know the thing is just kidding some BS. Traction on the ice uphill from zero is really worse than some FWD cars but they will never taste BMW's 50/50 weight distribution when actually driving.
 
Rear wheel drive cars are bad for the snow but not impossible to drive, I drive in the snow with all season pirelli's on my 08 mustang GT. VERY SLOWLY I might add but not impossible but pretty horrible lol
 
Yes BMW are notoriously bad in the snow but their owners don't help!!

pay0kuh0.jpg


164148_10150147649673065_603578064_7908271_7651249_n.jpg


Chains are suppossed to go on the driven wheels you tards!!

But the best one of all!!



Edit: Gah! Beaten to it!
 
If you've got the money for a BMW then you should be able to afford a real snow vehicle.

First, you can find bmws quite cheap. Second, even if it's a pricier one, being able to afford one $50k car doesn't mean someone can afford 2 cars.
Third, it's very possible to drive RWD cars in the snow.
Fourth, other RWD cars in the game are able to have snow tires.

I'm guessing it's a bug or a weird licensing issue. I've noticed a handful of cars that can't have them.
 
a car is just as good as the tires, if you have good wintertires on your BMW, than its realy fun, if you have the wrong tires, or some that aren't good, a fwd-car also can be horrible to drive...
 
hmm those chains could be on an x version, wich means 4WD, yes indeed.

Lol at the woman though, leaving your car in gear doesn't help any car now does it on such moments, haha... :)
 
First, you can find bmws quite cheap. Second, even if it's a pricier one, being able to afford one $50k car doesn't mean someone can afford 2 cars.
Third, it's very possible to drive RWD cars in the snow.

You're sort of supporting my statement. But I'm not looking for a pissing match. Carry on.
 
First, can we please stay on topic?

Second, I just drove the Fairlady 07 (RWD) at Chamonix with no problem. The snow tyres are very grippy. Keep in mind, they have spikes. So that should not be the problem at all.

For instance, the BMW 135i has less power and weights more. So there should be no problem with it driving on snow.

But, the only valid (but off course stupid) reason that crossed my mind that some or almost every road RWD car not allowed to use snow tyres could be, that carmakers don't want their cars to be seen with these ugly snow rims. Every car with snow tyres is forced to have the same white ugly rims.

Could it be?

👎

I wished that PD had build in normal snow tyres, just like normal road tyres.
 
hmm those chains could be on an x version, wich means 4WD, yes indeed.
Hmmm as far as I know there aren't X versions of the 1-series, only RWD

BTW as ich122 said, it's all about the tires, my father has a 535d (so low profile tyres, lots of torque) and last year it was a mess even with a thin layer of snow, this year with proper winter tires it works like a charm.... well my alfa mito it's a lot better but well it's also an FWD..
 
I remember in previous GT's we couldn't replace the rims on BMW cars. Maybe this was omitted per the request of the manufacturer?
 
Back