No sound in GT6

  • Thread starter Thread starter Simion
  • 43 comments
  • 17,858 views
Just a quick question, I am no sound tech....Simion, have you tried headphones hooked to the tv? Y'all take it from however he answers:cheers:
Yes, no sound in GT6 but I have sounds in headphones in other games.
 
Did you manage to fix it Simion?
 
Yes, no sound in GT6 but I have sounds in headphones in other games.
Simion, as stated before, I'm no sound tech. But I mentioned this to a cousin who has built his own computers and gets a few things like dual layers and sound cards and stuff like that. I quoted to him everything you say you've done and he went all Sherlock Holmes on me, to wit: When you've eliminated the possible, the impossible becomes the only possible thing. It's time to try a new disc. His sentiment is if you can play GTA5 and The Last of Us, nothing special should affect GT6. You've eliminated the hardware, so good luck with the software!
 
Simion, as stated before, I'm no sound tech. But I mentioned this to a cousin who has built his own computers and gets a few things like dual layers and sound cards and stuff like that. I quoted to him everything you say you've done and he went all Sherlock Holmes on me, to wit: When you've eliminated the possible, the impossible becomes the only possible thing. It's time to try a new disc. His sentiment is if you can play GTA5 and The Last of Us, nothing special should affect GT6. You've eliminated the hardware, so good luck with the software!
I can't test this now because I have no easy way to find a different disck to test, this was a new disk. Maybe I should check if I can get a demo from the store and see if that works. I will do more tests in weekend, thank you for your responses.
 
I can't test this now because I have no easy way to find a different disck to test, this was a new disk. Maybe I should check if I can get a demo from the store and see if that works. I will do more tests in weekend, thank you for your responses.
Just another thought, to eliminate another run to the shop; maybe take your disc, PS3 and cables to your local Vidgame store and have them hook it all up for a test? Clerks are much nicer about exchanges when they've seen the issue themselves. And they'll likely be willing to test the audio cable options for you!:cheers:
 
Hi, I realy apreciate your time spent on this, the TV is this one http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=cz&ctn=32PFL3017H/12 the model number is 32PFL3017H/12 , I will try the optical cable and other HDMI also .thank you
Did you check page 26 of the English manual? Select audio format ?
And also pages 53/54 do the audio codecs comply
with the one you have selected on your PS3?

No, I will search and buy an optical cable.
You shouldn't have to buy anything to solve this issue.
It's either a problem in the software of your PS3 system, settings somewhere.
Or it is a setting within GT6, options/settings somewhere.

###

Especially because you also played TLOU and RDR ... which I both played too, I can't quite wrap my head around what setting could be bugging you.

You know you can adjust the audio output from the settings menu right?
And you know you have to accept some formats like ATRAC and WMA separately in that same menu.
It's a legal matter I think ... but you have to pass through those to get certain formats of audio files/codecs to play in your PS3.

You have no sound at all ? not even the beep from stepping through the menu's or the BGM or in game sounds of the cars ?

###

It's strange sometimes how things get fixed, just look here simple steps can solve things (especially notice the last posts in this thread)

hope it helps
 
Last edited:
It's strange sometimes how things get fixed, just look here simple steps can solve things (especially notice the last posts in this thread)

hope it helps
Your link made me think of the one for setting the PS3 up on end to get the game to load properly, then you could set it right again....maybe you could find that link? Once upon a time I could multi-quote, link and all that but I fell out of practice and am a bit lost on all the "cool" stuff now.
 
Just another thought, to eliminate another run to the shop; maybe take your disc, PS3 and cables to your local Vidgame store and have them hook it all up for a test? Clerks are much nicer about exchanges when they've seen the issue themselves. And they'll likely be willing to test the audio cable options for you!:cheers:
I was reading through this thread and was about to suggest this. You beat me to it, good sir. :)

@Simion Another thing to try if you can't get to a games shop would be if a friend has a copy of the game and a PS3, try eachother's games in eachother's consoles.

If your game has the same problem on your friends console (assuming your friend doesn't have any audio issues with his version on his PS3) then it's either a problem with the disc/game data or a setting within the game (although the latter should be eliminated as it will load your friends save data and settings).

My first thought after reading your OP was that the PS3's audio output settings were including a non-compatible output with GT6. But it would seem you and others have eliminated that possibility. Very confusing.

Whatever it is I hope you find a solution soon. People say the sounds in GT6 aren't too good, but they're definitely better than no sound at all!

Also, just a thought, I'm not sure if this thread would get more traffic (and as a result more answers and hopefully a speedier solution) if it was in the General Questions section. Unless "feedback" is the only sound your getting. Ha ha- ok I'll leave.
 
Last edited:


I have no idea if that will work (the link OR the fix described therein) but this is from an earlier thread about GT6 not playing and PS3 not recognizing the disc. I found it on page two of the General Questions forum, with the actual video ready to play, your mileage may vary.

EDIT: I'm amazed it worked:lol:
 
Thank you all, I changed the HDMI cable and sound works, I swapped the HDMI cables from the TV satellite receiver and PS3 and sound start working, so it was the cable, maybe it was not properly connected or is damaged or poor quality, the sound works find in the receiver. I am so happy this is fixed and I am impressed by this community.
P.S. I can't wait until I will get trainned enough in single player to try online mode(I need to read about this mode).

EDIT: I also swapped the ports in the TV so maybe it something in the port(I will test in future to find out the exact cause)
 
Last edited:
Good to hear it was hardware failure after all!

Enjoy your games and your new PS3 ... TLOU is great ... and GT6 also ... happy cruisin' !
Stick around GTPlanet :gtpflag:for any questions regarding GT6 ... it's a very useful source and a helpful community

:cheers:
 
Back