No support for TH8 (manul shifter)

Hi, Why I cant use my TH8 i GTS in this game? And why I cant manual shifting - only thing, that works are this stupid clicks near wheel, maybe comming in futere support for TH8 from thustmaster?

I haven't played Sport mode in ages, but that's a tough change. I suppose it's because shifting with a TH8A in a car that is modeled as a MT in the game is faster?

Hi, Why I cant use my TH8 i GTS in this game? And why I cant manual shifting - only thing, that works are this stupid clicks near wheel, maybe comming in futere support for TH8 from thustmaster?
It only works properly on cars that have an h pattern shift with the stock gearing. If you change the gears the clutch won’t work.

It only works properly on cars that have an h pattern shift with the stock gearing. If you change the gears the clutch won’t work.
I have driven today "day chalange online -one car that dosnt have automatic gear at stock and in game this should works like in reality but only AT works properly :( this is not what I have supposed to be, i was sure the TH8 will works with online too. What I'm thinking now is leave that game and wait for change the support for manual gear change with TH8 back.

I have driven today "day chalange online -one car that dosnt have automatic gear at stock and in game this should works like in reality but only AT works properly :( this is not what I have supposed to be, i was sure the TH8 will works with online too. What I'm thinking now is leave that game and wait for change the support for manual gear change with TH8 back.
It doesn’t work in sport lobbies, but works everywhere else, off line/public lobbies. It was removed from sport mode as it was perceived to be an advantage, which it kinda was... until you missed a shift.

It doesn’t work in sport lobbies, but works everywhere else, off line/public lobbies. It was removed from sport mode as it was perceived to be an advantage, which it kinda was... until you missed a shift.
and why they not removed wheel streering from sport? We all should drive with controller because the wheels has advantage! What stupid decision.

and why they not removed wheel streering from sport? We all should drive with controller because the wheels has advantage! What stupid decision.
It hasn’t spoiled my enjoyment of the game. Shifter users had a distinct advantage off the line, but it made me curse when I missed a shift right off the line or in close quarters with another car. In public lobbies and off line I use the correct shift for the car. I don’t see your problem.

Last edited:
It hasn’t spoiled my enjoyment of the game. Shifter users had a distinct advantage off the line, but it made me curse when I missed a shift right off the line or in close quarters with another car. In public lobbies and off line I use the correct shift for the car. I don’t see your problem.

my problem is that I cant use the TH8 shifter with Sport Mode - In another multiplayer games like I.Racing or AC there is no problem with manual shifting - why there is in GTS a advamtage when I use MT? Is there a bug in this game? Why not fixed yet? The atomatic shifter is in reality better and faster - but I drive 20 years only with cars with manual shifters and I cant drive with this paddels on wheel - I cant feel the engine :( Maybe is there a patch in futere, that will fix that bug with manual shifters, I no need to be better because of use a AT or MT, but I want drive like I want and not only offline. The online mode is a realy good part of this game. Why is there a problem that cant be fixed??? The driving with MT (offline) and AT (online) are diffrent There is a problem later if I should drive AT in Sport mode but i have trained MT in offline mode.

Last edited:
my problem is that I cant use the TH8 shifter with Sport Mode - In another multiplayer game like I.Racing or AC there is no problem with manual shifting - why is there a advamtage when I use MT? Is there a bug in game? The atomatic shifter is in reality better and faster - but I drive 20 years only with car with manual shifters and I cant drive with this paddels on wheel - I cant feel the engine :( Maybe is there a patch in futere, that will fix that bug with manual shifters, I no need to be better because of use a AT or MT, but I want drive like I want.
This isn’t iRacing, AC does not have an Esports mode. In the interests of keeping things competitive between pad and wheel players certain sacrifices have been made to ensure that nobody has a significant advantage due to input method.
If want to get all snooty abut the gear you use then buy Fanatec and go play iRacing, no one will be racing with a pad there.
It’s great that I can have an entertaining close race with a skilled pad player and not feel like i have an advantage because I have the room/money for a rig.
Sport mode is supposed to be an even playing field regardless of how much you paid for your controller.

you really think that if you use wheel you have no advantage when your friend use pad :))) but if I use MT I have a adventage - OMG I don't understant your logice Im sorry

This really doesn't affect too many cars in Sport Mode as most have paddle shifters in real life anyway but it's a shame it does affect the road cars for the people that do want to drive manually and it really should be fixed.

@Space Empiria I grew up driving manuals as well, firstly 3 speed column shifts, then four on the floor, a four on the column Mazda and then five on the floor but I haven't had an issue with transitioning to my paddle shift auto car I have now, or driving in many various driving games with the paddle shifters (in manual). There's really no difference in engine braking and it's just a matter of getting used to it.

I didn't bother listing all the truck gear box configurations I've driven because there's just too many.

The reason this shifter support was removed from Sport mode was because it wasn't just faster to shift using the clutch, people were kind of abusing it too by only using the clutch to shift up and then shifting down using the paddles, lessening the chance to mess up whilst gaining the advantage of faster gear changes.

But then PD said they'd sorted this in a later update but I guess it must still be a (potential at least) advantage otherwise they'd have enabled it again in Sport mode by now surely. :indiff:

you really think that if you use wheel you have no advantage when your friend use pad :))) but if I use MT I have a adventage - OMG I don't understant your logice Im sorry
Well yeah, there aren’t many pad players at the top but I bet there’s a few that could give you a run for your money, maybe even beat you. I have at least 2 fast pad players on my friends list both A rank, in races the main thing that separates us is tyre wear, I can make mine last for longer.

Back