No throttle

• Thread starter DBH42
  • 17 comments
Switzerland
Switzerland
Good evening :)
I‘m new in the GT Sport community, and have a problem. I play on PS4 with a T300 RS. All is working fine, but I have no throttle. When I push the left pedal, the cars is breaking, when i push the right pedal, the car just does nothing. Why is that? I pushed the „MODE“ button several times, but it does change nothing at all. Color also remains green.
In the other games, the throttle works, so is no hardware problem I think, is it?
The pedal settings are inexistent un this game. I can only chance the buttons on the wheel.
Do I need a 3-pedal type?

Good evening :)
I‘m new in the GT Sport community, and have a problem. I play on PS4 with a T300 RS. All is working fine, but I have no throttle. When I push the left pedal, the cars is breaking, when i push the right pedal, the car just does nothing. Why is that? I pushed the „MODE“ button several times, but it does change nothing at all. Color also remains green.
In the other games, the throttle works, so is no hardware problem I think, is it?
The pedal settings are inexistent un this game. I can only chance the buttons on the wheel.
Do I need a 3-pedal type?
Firstly is the PS3/PS4 slider switch in the PS4 position?

Secondly, what happens if you turn off your DualShock 4 controller in the Sound/Devices menu?

Firstly is the PS3/PS4 slider switch in the PS4 position?

Secondly, what happens if you turn off your DualShock 4 controller in the Sound/Devices menu?
The switch is on PS4, but I tried also PS3 just to be sure.

secondly, I did never switch it of, but I restarted the PS4 and worked just with the wheel, never connected the Dualshock. But the pedal didn‘t work.

3. Tried turning off and on? (The T300)
I restarted the whole ps4. How can I restart the T300? When the PS4 shuts down, the wheel does too, right?

Disconnect from USB and disconnect from power.

Ah, now I remember:
Holding the mode button for 2 seconds switches Throttle and clutch pedal.
Green indicates switched, red is normal.
Why am I reading the manual for you? (facepalm)

Last edited:

Ah, now I remember:

Is that when the light turns green instead of red? I think I had that happen before, it’s for if you mount the pedals upside down.

Ah, now I remember:
Green indicates switched, red is normal.
Why am I reading the manual for you? (facepalm)

I pushed it several times, but nothing happens. 2 seconds, 10 seconds, everything. The color remains green and the throttle doesn‘t work.

The throttle won't work if the light is green because it must be red with a two pedal set, the manual says so, so this is 100% the problem.

If holding the mode button down for 2 seconds does not work you must have a faulty wheel, not that I've heard of this happening but anything is possible I suppose. Google if anyone else has this issue.

The throttle won't work if the light is green because it must be red with a two pedal set, the manual says so, so this is 100% the problem.

If holding the mode button down for 2 seconds does not work you must have a faulty wheel, not that I've heard of this happening but anything is possible I suppose. Google if anyone else has this issue.
Ok thank you. Do I have to be in a special mode to change the light? For example, when the ps4 is in the menu or something? Or should it work everywhere?
I googled it yesterday for hours, but I didn‘t find someone else..

Ok thank you. Do I have to be in a special mode to change the light? For example, when the ps4 is in the menu or something? Or should it work everywhere?
I googled it yesterday for hours, but I didn‘t find someone else..

Just in the PS4 menu, turn the PS4 on and then plug in the wheel, turn it on and hold the mode button down.

I've no idea if it'll work doing it whilst the game is loaded, I've never tried it.

Just in the PS4 menu, turn the PS4 on and then plug in the wheel, turn it on and hold the mode button down.

I've no idea if it'll work doing it whilst the game is loaded, I've never tried it.
Thanks, but it‘s not working :( started the ps4, when it was on, I plugged in the wheel als pressed the mode button, but nothing works. The light remains green.

It needs to be very close to exact 2 seconds I think, 10 seconds is waaay to long and won‘t to anything in that regard

Back