No VR6 Engine swap?

odinsrighthand
I think the last Forza I played was Forza 4, wherein there where multiple swap's available for the VW's that where in the VW familly. Is it true that that is no longer the case and it's not swaps from Japanese cars? No VR6 or 1.8T rabbits?

Let me check that, just need to buy a few Wolfsburgers.
Edit: Nope, just the regular 2.0 Vtec, 1.6 Rally Turbo, 3.7 V6 and the Beetle has the additional
3.0 flat 6 and 2.5l turbo.

Last edited:
The 5th game switched to more generic crate engines, albeit ones from cars within the game. The older way was certainly more sensible, as there really are some silly swaps now.

I remember the 3.6 VR6 was in Forza 2, which went into the mark 5 GTI nicely.

Well then, maybe I should not have bought and Xbox one Forza 6 edition online a few hours ago... Who would have thought they would go Backwards...

It was most likely a licensing issue. In Forza 5 you could fit a 3.0 naturally aspirated flat six to the RUF cars and Subarus and it was removed from Horizon 2. This was most likely due to that generic 3.0 engine actually being from the 997 GT3 RS and 3.8 litres, with Porsche not being licensed for Forza 5.

VXR
It was most likely a licensing issue. In Forza 5 you could fit a 3.0 naturally aspirated flat six to the RUF cars and Subarus and it was removed from Horizon 2. This was most likely due to that generic 3.0 engine actually being from the 997 GT3 RS and 3.8 litres, with Porsche not being licensed for Forza 5.
The 3.0 flat six is actually a Subaru engine, not a Porsche engine.
A lot of people have asked for cross manufacturer engine swaps in Forza for years and for whatever reason T10 has gone with it (suspect it is fewer swaps to code for and should be easier).

It isn't. If you equip it, it's a 3.8 with 355bhp, specs that match the 997.1 Carrera S. I got the GT3 RS from my memory remembering the last time I used it, to make a high-revving NA Ruf in Forza 5.

It's odd as you could swap the 2.8 VR6 in to the Mk Golf GTI in FH2, and it was my face swap.

I was disappointed to find out last night that we're unable to recreate the Nissan Juke-R. All they had to do was make they GT-R engine available but the didn't. I suppose it's possible it would be added through DLC, but I'm not that excited to see it added.

18n1uw7scvqdkjpg.jpg

What's the standard horsepower on that swap? If it's 355, it's the same 3.8 litre Porsche Carrera engine as in 5. At least in that game you could see the displacement. Sneaky way of getting Porsche engines in.

VXR
What's the standard horsepower on that swap? If it's 355, it's the same 3.8 litre Porsche Carrera engine as in 5. At least in that game you could see the displacement. Sneaky way of getting Porsche engines in.

Yep, 355hp.

Well then, maybe I should not have bought and Xbox one Forza 6 edition online a few hours ago... Who would have thought they would go Backwards...

Actually they have been going backwards in some areas every since Forza 2, 3 removed the custom public lobbies exhibition modes and quick matches as well as career leaderboards, tournaments and the ability to share a unlocked tune via the leaderboard and unlocked paint jobs through the auction house. They also ruined the R classes in 3. 4 removed the ranking system, put back the ability to create a public lobby but they were mostly dead zones where nobody came in. At the end of FM4 there was still more traffic in a custom public lobby in FM2 than there was in FM4 and many players who played 3 and 4 went back to 2 and are still playing it.

I did not buy 5 but I see in 6 there is no custom public lobby options, no auction house and no store front.

So to sum it up I am no longer surprised when Forza goes backwards as they have been doing it all along. Each new release offers better graphics and removes features, occasionally adding a new feature and some times that new feature is worth while, Rivals mode for example was a nice addition. Forza vista a waste of development time and disk space. I still firmly believe that they should have held more to the format they had in FM2 as it was and still is the best online racer I have played to date.

Back