Non-Racing Car Drift Trial: Silverstone National Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 40 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Non-Racing Car Drift Trial: Silverstone National Circuit

05_drft-jpg.279637

Image courtesy of JogoAsobi .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 25/12/2014 – 08/01/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 25/12/2014 – 08/01/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
Tyres: Sports Hard or less
Categories: Normal Car

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 800,000
Silver: Cr. 550,000
Bronze: Cr. 350,000

Gift(s):
Gold: Corvette '60 (Parts Installed)

Target Score:
Gold: 5,800
Silver: 4,500
Bronze: 3,000

TC, ASM & SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Silverstone National Circuit
Track Length: 1.64 miles / 2639 m
Time of day: *
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
Used the nissan GT-R black edition with a tune from @shaunm80 (exeter tuning)
I think i changed LSD, maybe brakebalance? Suspension and gearbox is not changed!!
Anyway, original tune is here

_NissanGT-RBlack'12_Normal_by_Shaunm80changed.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely want a car that has some excessive wheelspin for this one. The line is also pretty ass :lol:

Got Gold with a Nissan 300ZX (Z32) with about 500hp.

I'm very far from being a drifter. My only ambition is to get gold in the drift seasonals and then I move on. Used a Scuderia for this event. This is probably the most difficult drift seasonal I have attempted.

5957 points with a Jaguar XKR-S. This Jag is surprisingly good - stable and possibility to do a good amount of mid-corner adjustment. Indeed most of the attempts were wasted due to the idiotic scoring algorithm. 🤬

5957 points with a Jaguar XKR-S. This Jag is surprisingly good - stable and possibility to do a good amount of mid-corner adjustment. Indeed most of the attempts were wasted due to the idiotic scoring algorithm. 🤬
Something about those long nose, nose-heavy cars that makes them good for drifting. The '61 E-Type is brilliant for easy drifting. Same with the '78 Nissan 280ZX and '84 Nissan 300ZX. A little power added, CH tires and stock settings will get you good drifts with little effort or money invested.

I must be the most unlucky person ever. I tried every car, every tune and yet I'm always 500 points away from gold. Damn it :banghead:

EDIT: Finally made it, 5957 points with the BMW M4.

Last edited:
This one is bugging me. I can normally just about do the drift events but this one just won't come to me. I'm drifting just as I normally would but the scoring just stops??

Do I have to take a specific line on hold a specific angle etc? Need help on this one. Cheers

Nvm, done it. Exactly the same as the 20 times before it but 1300 points extra. Whatever!

Last edited:
I found this easy and I cant drift , did it first in the Plymouth ( just for fun) could only get silver ,then I changed to a R32 skyline :) just picked up the points no problem. the prize car looks good too better than a "bucket of paint"

Off to try the Fuji one for 10000th time

I found this one tough, spent a good few hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and why sometimes I get half decent points and other times none!

Finally found the required line, and did enough to get gold. I guess I'm a little more proficient at going sideways now as well :)

Car of choice was a 420bhp S13...

I still have the most points in the '54 Vette but I was able to get 8947 points in the McLaren F1 only needing to use one gear. The Corvette still probably gets more points but the F1 is easier to get high points with. Here is the tune I used for it:
Tires-
Confort hards front and rear
Suspension-
50 70
14.41 18.54
10 10
10 10
7 7
10.0 10.0
-1 -1
Brakes-
6 5
Transmission-
Reset, then set final gear to 4.000. Set top speed to 149 mph, leave 1st - 5th gear as is. Last move both 6th gear and final gear all the way right.
LSD-
Full aerodynamics, all power parts installed and an oil change. Power limiter to 85.4%. All weight reduction parts added, ballast at 200 kg positioned at 50.
I only used 6th gear to get the highest score, but I did use nitro.
I am not the greatest tuner or drifter so I'm sure both the tune and the points can be improved but I hope this will help at least someone out.

Last edited:
i used the tank car and only got 5k.

i go into the first turn at about 60-70km/h and leave it in third as i hold the gas and turn hard to correct the oversteering. its reliable for 3-5k points, but even a near perfect run i could only get 5k.

what am i doing wrong?

PS. i hate drifting in this game, i have a wheel and set it to 240 degrees lock to lock, down from 1080 so it acts like a controller.

I did it in a RUF BTR '86 and tune from Team Shmo. 👍 My score is 6,328 and I'm a noob when it comes to drifting in GT6 :D But I think I'm starting to like it. 💡 :cheers: I use a DS3 too. :P

Does anybody have a drift tune for a '54 Corvette? :confused:All the top rankings use one but no tunes :( What's up with that? :odd:

i used the tank car and only got 5k.

i go into the first turn at about 60-70km/h and leave it in third as i hold the gas and turn hard to correct the oversteering. its reliable for 3-5k points, but even a near perfect run i could only get 5k.

what am i doing wrong?

PS. i hate drifting in this game, i have a wheel and set it to 240 degrees lock to lock, down from 1080 so it acts like a controller.
Watch the leaders replay and try tp copy their lines, also make sure to use comfort hard tires.
Does anybody have a drift tune for a '54 Corvette? :confused:All the top rankings use one but no tunes :( What's up with that? :odd:
I was able to get around 1300 more points in an untuned Tank Car than in that Corvette but here is my tune for it:
Suspension-
100 120
Spring rate, extension, compression, roll bars and camber all to the right.
Toe to the left.
Brakes-
6 5
Transmission-
118 mph. Only used fifth gear.
L.S.D-
All power parts and weight reduction added. Oil changed and no added ballast. I did use nitro.

Damn, I've been trying this for hours and I just can't do it, closest shot was 5600 with a Stratos, I also gor 5k with a 370z but I am unable to do it, I just don't get the needed score thought I make long drifts

Damn, I've been trying this for hours and I just can't do it, closest shot was 5600 with a Stratos, I also gor 5k with a 370z but I am unable to do it, I just don't get the needed score thought I make long drifts
Turn the driving line on and stay on it. If you're truly drifting on the driving line, from start to finish, you cannot lose.

Back