Normal winners

• Thread starter 2thDr
  • 7 comments
United States
Clarksville, TN
Has anyone ever won normal with either the JZA70 Supra or the Celica GT4?

With the GT4 I placed a close 2nd to the TRD last night and ran into the barrier in the tunnel on SSR11 to put me way out of contention, I actually got 3rd in the race. was wondering if I should give it another shot.

Everytime I try to get the weaker field with the Supra it always has the NSX and that blows me away, even on the races I can usually win on...Autumn Ring and Clubman.

Just wondering.

no. I used a Viper. But GT1 was my first game and back in those days i wasn't as good as i am now; the Viper still offered me plenty of challenge at the time. Nowadays i could surely try a lesser car.

I would try again in a Supra...if it looks as tho you've got a shot at winning, that is.

Viper driver too, though I did attempt a Mazda RX-7 A-Spec. I finished last.

However, I am a better driver than I was when I tried it with the rotary-engined sportscar. I wil try with the JZA70. Are tires subject to the normal rule? I seem to recall being able to use racing tires in the event.

Alright, I've tried doing the Normal last night with the Celica GT4, JZA70 and RX7 A-Spec. That damn NSX showed up in all three rounds :mad:. As a result with the GT4 and JZA70 I can only place 2nd in every race, I always beat the TRD3000GT though, so maybe if the NSX is absent I can win the Championship. With the A-Spec I placed 2nd-1st-1st-2nd-1st, winning me the Championship. I made too much mistakes driving the RX7, after driving the 2 slower cars driving the RX7 seems too fast, and I pushed too hard and spun a couple of times. I'm sure I can make it a clean sweep with the RX7 if I practice more, and with the Supra & Celica too if the NSX doesn't show up.

I just won the normal series with my black Supra JZA70 TT-R...1-1-1-3-2, no NSX of course. The car is faster than the Celica GT4, yet has more tendency to get "loose" and turn inconsistently on uneven road. It may need some further tuning, I actually just upgraded to my standard stage 1 mods and won the Clubman Cup, I am about to try going thru FR and GT with it tonight, then on to Hard tuned and Megaspeed. After winning Normal with the Supra, I think I can buy another Celica GT4 and win Normal with that, no NSX of course. I am at a crossroads in my thinking of the game play. I like what I have been doing, yet my latest setup does not have the performances from my earlier game play. For example, I have half a garage full of previously tuned/kitted high-end cars like Vipers and Skylines. I have paper records of all my recent races on this sunday thru megaspeed tear. The time records are slow though, and I know it, the best car i have used so far is the Galant VR4. I have been just running down my garage top to bottom and using the next "normal" car. I may just continue, or I may backtrack to the top and rebuy stock cars to put them thru this gauntlet. Whatever, I'm off to race...one

Well done :)
Lots of other interesting cars can win against the NSX:

Back