Norris to Replace Vandoorne at McLaren for 2019

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by GTPNewsWire, Sep 3, 2018.

1. TheElbows

TheElbows

I kinda/sorta agree, but only so much. I think that 90% of the drivers in the field can take a top car and become a Bottas - effective, occasional win, consistent laps, plenty of podiums and good qualifying. I think only a handful of the drivers in the field are Hamilton/Vettel/Alonso level where they will be consistent in bringing an extra 5-10% out of the car they're driving.

I think the answer to any driver in F1 is "well, put them in a Mercedes..." but even then only a few would have the goods to properly contend and manage a season and win.

2. EngieDiesel

EngieDiesel

And even then there's no guarantee that they can do that, just due to the number of intangibles that can't be accounted for. I'm sure there have been more than a few times in Formula 1 history where a B driver was given A+ equipment and it just simply didn't work out, despite them performing well in cars that weren't as good before.

3. mustafur

mustafur

It's a fallacy, generally the top half of the grid has the top half of the Talent.

It's harder to make an impression when your racing against the cream of the crop and not some pay driver.

4. EngieDiesel

EngieDiesel

5. kikie

kikie Premium

It has been mentioned on Belgian TV that Formula E could be an option for Vandoorne.

6. daan

daan Moderator

This picture freaks me out a bit.

European-Champion-2013-KSP_9105.jpg

Lewis_Hamilton_ and Dennisch like this.
  7. Dennisch

Dennisch Premium

You can see that we eat a lot healthier on the continent.

8. Lewis_Hamilton_

Lewis_Hamilton_

They must be living in alternate timelines, that's about the only explanation I can think of.

9. kikie

kikie Premium

Vandoorne's F1 career is over. He will be driving for Formula E HWA-team.