North American players get shafted again.

  • Thread starter Thread starter JER_CREST
  • 36 comments
  • 2,720 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

JER_CREST

Premium
Messages
1,433
Messages
JerCrest
Again us player here in North America are shafted on DLC. The Europeans get a free DLC for just participating in the EU round of GT:Academy, but us here in the North America region get shafted a third time.

List of shaftings
1). No Signature Edition of GT5- Meaning no R10 TDI Stealth, 787B Stealth.

2). Europeans and Japanese player got free Jaguar XJ13 Chromeline Editions.

3). Now this a free Nissan GT-R SpecV stealth package.
 
Nice. Where i get it?
 
Again us player here in North America are shafted on DLC. The Europeans get a free DLC for just participating in the EU round of GT:Academy, but us here in the North America region get shafted a third time.

List of shaftings
1). No Signature Edition of GT5- Meaning no R10 TDI Stealth, 787B Stealth.

2). Europeans and Japanese player got free Jaguar XJ13 Chromeline Editions.

3). Now this a free Nissan GT-R SpecV stealth package.
Boo Hoo, Life isn't fair, get a grip and get over it. Jesus Wept....
 
look at the article on the GTP site.
 
on my list of things to care about it doesn't register.
 
would you care if a real car was involved?

Again us here in North America were exempt from the Mercedes SLS AMG competition.
 
Wow I'm super jelly! I would love to have one of those.
 
would you care if a real car was involved?

Again us here in North America were exempt from the Mercedes SLS AMG competition.
nope
 
I think its time for us north America players to stop supporting them
 
would you care if a real car was involved?

Again us here in North America were exempt from the Mercedes SLS AMG competition.

no, because i can't and wouldn't pay the tax on a SLS.
 
So we don't get virtual cars pre-tuned with different paint jobs. I guess you can complain about it, but I'm not sure if I see the point.

edit: As for the SLS, also don't care. It was a B-Spec competition first of all. Secondly, I couldn't afford to keep an SLS anyway and I doubt many forum members could either.
 
Boohoohoo. Well.. just know you are guys are the lucky ones when filling up the tank of your real cars. I pay the equivalent of 170US$ to fill 'er up every time - and that's a normal family car we're talking about.

Yes, life's unfair.
 
Why can't we just register under a false flag...lol, and misrepresent our residency like everyone was talking about for the USA Academy so we can get the DLC and then Roosty off into the sunset.....

2406198146_a4c8a157fd.jpg
 
would you care if a real car was involved?

Again us here in North America were exempt from the Mercedes SLS AMG competition.

try living in Brasil...
none of the above, and we have to pay around US$100 for the same game you pay $49

not to mention, we all have to live with DS3. (g27 or any other just dont exist on our market)

ah, and we are not wining about it. (that hard at least).
sux, but thats life. :dopey:
 
Play the game shut up and enjoy or don't buy any more GT series games.

Blah blah blah
 
Again us player here in North America are shafted on DLC. The Europeans get a free DLC for just participating in the EU round of GT:Academy, but us here in the North America region get shafted a third time.

List of shaftings
1). No Signature Edition of GT5- Meaning no R10 TDI Stealth, 787B Stealth.

2). Europeans and Japanese player got free Jaguar XJ13 Chromeline Editions.

3). Now this a free Nissan GT-R SpecV stealth package.

Same as shafting the UK with none of the decent curcuits. I mean london/top gear WTF is that about, where's silverstone/brands and donnington to say the least.
 
try living in Brasil...
none of the above, and we have to pay around US$100 for the same game you pay $49

not to mention, we all have to live with DS3. (g27 or any other just dont exist on our market)

ah, and we are not wining about it. (that hard at least).
sux, but thats life. :dopey:

Canada gets shafted as well. We don't even have access to the GT Academy yet I can drive an hour and be in the good ole' USA! haha what a joke.
 
Don't be calling foul just yet, wait and see if anything comes around for the guys across the pond.
 
@ JER_CREST :

If this is all you have to worry about, you really have nothing to worry about at all! :D

Besides you're wrong in 66% of your claims.

DJ
--
 
This DLC I really want though, as it is the Model Car from the US Collectors Edition. Everytime I see that car on my shelf i'm like "I'd really like to drive that around the 'ring" :/
 
Just what we needed too, another skyline!

:boggled:
 
left888
Lucky then your not Canadian!!!

I was about to say the same we can't even participate in the drivers club event thingy
 
Yeah, I'm a bit jealous of the other players that get the chance to get all these prizes, but so far the cars haven't REALLY been a big deal. I never cared for the look of the chromelines, nor the academy cars, nor the stealths (wishing that I had a car I could use in endurance races that had a 1,000cr rebuild, but hey, I guess I'm playing fair.)

Conclusion: If this was a brand new DLC car like a premium 1968 Mustang GT390, then I would care.
 
Just wait, there'll be unwanted codes popping up in the marketplace very shortly after the cars are given out.

Either way though, WHY is it that they repeatedly short-change America with the special-edition cars?
 
What, are you 12 years old? I do enjoy the game. Sounds like you need a little attitude adjustment, believe me I'd love to give you one. :ouch:



Play the game shut up and enjoy or don't buy any more GT series games.

Blah blah blah
 
Yep I received it and it's just another GT-R with a Stealth-livery, which undoubtedly will pop up soon (duped or not) in the trading section so anyone from anywhere can probably obtain it anyway.

Isn't Europe by far the biggest market for GT5 by the way? So yes we're special and deserve to be treated as such.

*Alfred, push that button called "Submit Reply" and bring me the evening paper and a Sherry after you're finished polishing.*
 
That brings to mind another possible solution, just allow trading of preorder cars (exempt them from the 1mil limit) and a few will find their way into the hands of Americans. I know I'd be willing to trade something pretty valuable for one (not that I have anything valuable). I'd definitely be satisfied with that solution, because even if we never got "direct" access to them, I still wouldn't have to worry about the supply of codes running out before I got hold of one. And speaking of that, I still don't know what people want for them, either (in trade, not on eBay).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back