Northweek Reveals Limited-Edition Gran Turismo Sunglass Collection

A brand I had never heard of until this news, Online reviews paint the companies offerings as not exactly spectacular quality, Pun intended.

I'll stick with my far more fashionable and expensive Sting sunglasses :sly:

Also and this may sound like a stupid thing to point out but as of writing it is now the middle of December aka Winter and here in the northern hemisphere we won't be seeing any sun for another 3-4 months. Wrong time to be selling I guess.

Wow! PDI and Sony clearly know that fans of the series will buy any old thing with the GT logo on.

Last edited:
A brand I had never heard of until this news, Online reviews paint the companies offerings as not exactly spectacular quality, Pun intended.

Also and this may sound like a stupid thing to point out but as of writing it is now the middle of December aka Winter and here in the northern hemisphere we won't be seeing any sun for another 3-4 months. Wrong time to be selling I guess.

and the hits just keep on comming...Lol.

It varies on where you live. Here in Utah, when we aren't in an inversion, it's typically really sunny all winter long. It's also fairly easy to get sunburn too during the winter here. I think a lot of mountain states are like that too.

I'm not sure what it's like in Europe, but I'm guessing there are still some sunny days during the winter. Also being further north the sun sets earlier, which means if you're driving home from work, chances the sun is right in your line of sight.

It varies on where you live. Here in Utah, when we aren't in an inversion, it's typically really sunny all winter long. It's also fairly easy to get sunburn too during the winter here. I think a lot of mountain states are like that too.

I'm not sure what it's like in Europe, but I'm guessing there are still some sunny days during the winter. Also being further north the sun sets earlier, which means if you're driving home from work, chances the sun is right in your line of sight.

Still to me it seems they picked probably far from the best brand possible to collaborate with, They could have partnered with better known/better quality brands like Oakley/Ray.Ban for example.

In respect to the whole seasons across the globe thing I believe Europe as a region is the largest market for the GT brand, Citation needed, But if that turns out to be the case then I would call it bad timing when Europe is currently in the middle of winter and whilst sunglasses can protect the eyes from snow blindness etc, I would assume that much like motorbikes sales in spring/summer would be much much higher.

Still to me it seems they picked probably far from the best brand possible to collaborate with, They could have partnered with better known/better quality brands like Oakley/Ray.Ban for example.

In respect to the whole seasons across the globe thing I believe Europe as a region is the largest market for the GT brand, Citation needed, But if that turns out to be the case then I would call it bad timing when Europe is currently in the middle of winter and whilst sunglasses can protect the eyes from snow blindness etc, I would assume that much like motorbikes sales in spring/summer would be much much higher.

Oakley's would have been insanely expensive though and alienated a market segment. Something that's relatively inexpensive allows parents to get them for their kids....which is also a good reason they released them now since Xmas is only a couple weeks away.

Plus by the time summer rolls around, who knows if GT will still have the same presence or not. It could totally be a flop by then. Might as well roll it out while it's still hot.

They also look like a Spanish company and I'm guessing many parts of Spain have a fairly mild winter.

Yeah, I agree and if anything, I tend to wear sunglasses even more in the winter time, especially if it's a snowy winter, as you have the glare off of the snow to deal with.

As far as the look of the glasses, I couldn't be more stoked to somehow get my hands on these things.

Since race #1 at Melbourne, every post race interview of Alonso he has on those Kimoa glasses that I've wanted and these things look alot like them:eek:.

tumblr_oox21qNz2H1uqvofpo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

I actually wear my sunglasses to drive in the winter more than in the summer, something about the angle of the sun being much more annoying for my morning commute.

It's sad how many complain about the quality, but have not even held the glasses in their hands.

I bought 3 for myself and one for my son. (Not the GT Edition) The quality is for the price more than acceptable! I also own some from Ray Ban and off course there are quality differences. But at least I don't cry if the glasses become a scratch.

I would buy again one from northweek that is sure.

UV400, not even a polarized lens? this doesn't even make it to "meh"

Flying fisherman - <$20 polarized lens, decent design and construction - nice enough that I rarely take them off when getting into the car and put on the Serengetis (driving glasses stay in the car, naturally)

Wish they went with a more reputable Brand like Hawkers or even went with a Known premium brand. Even as a hardcore GT Fan Merch wise I will be passing on these...

Back