Nos is killing the drag community

Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
chocolate city
Ok so some know me when i tuned on gt5 and its good to be back.

Just started up tuning and experimenting on gt6 drag tuning only to find not one person to tune against for regular tuning no nos.

Went into about 3 rooms only to find everyone using nos. might as well drag an x1.

Made a true tuners drag room only to have one guy lie about not having nos and nobody else showed up. I closed down the room.

It was hard enough finding decent drag rooms in gt5 and gt6 will be even hard. Making reservations on gtp will only be here and there.

I love drag but quitting and buying my g27 wheel to just enjoy offline and online racing may just be my best option.

I agree, personally I think that is a dumb thing to bring back, everyone uses NOS, its a crutch, may as well be running hacked cars, NOS makes a .300-.400 difference that is just as bad as running a 1,500hp car in GT5, this game seems to be already dying because of all the people using NOS, when it's restricted off nobody joins and when it's allowed everyone uses it, NOS is for noobs that can't tune in my opinion, if anyone else agrees like this post lol.

so you make a room turn nos off and your done... nos is in racing so its fine with me... the whole saying run what ya brung if they spray then you spray. i havent had this prob since we line up and say spray or motor and then we run... not to mention you can use A for your motor tune and B for your spray tune... more options more fun... if it gets to the point you have noobs coming in then turn your room to friends only and if you can trust your friends word on if he is spraying or not i think its time to remove from friend list!

Run What Ya Brung!

I've been in a couple good pro lobbies since getting gt6, NOS was disabled in the lobby. I think running NOS is ok for fun once in a while but I will not tune for NOS, I'm only going spray my non-NOS tune if the occasion arises.

They use NOS in real life drag racing don't they?
Were you ever big into drag racing on GT5? I don't remember you being.

Noobs comming in here and trying to play all smartass on everyone here who has been doing it for some time now (3+ years when talking about multiplayer) are really starting to 🤬 me off. Let me ask you, do you know how this works? We don't even have a tree like in real life, don't have drag slicks like in real life, don't have a strip like in real life. GT Drag racing is nothing like real life, it's only what the community made up. PD never planned it to be!

Get your freaking facts straight and get some knowledge about the subject before you try to be a smartass about it because all it does is make you look like a fool.

Noobs comming in here and trying to play all smartass on everyone here who has been doing it for some time now (talking about multiplayer) are really starting to 🤬 me off. Let me ask you, do you know how this works? We don't even have a tree like in real life, don't have drag slicks like in real life, don't have a strip like in real life. GT Drag racing is nothing like real life, it's only what the community made up. PD never planned it to be!

Get your freaking facts straight and get some knowledge about the subject before you try to be a smartass about it because all it does is make you look like a fool.
You get yourself some manners because he was making a valid point. NOS exists in drag racing in real life, now you have it on GT. If you really want to win, you can use it. If you don't like NOS in a lobby, don't use it.

You get yourself some manners because he was making a valid point. NOS exists in drag racing in real life, now you have it on GT. If you really want to win, you can use it. If you don't like NOS in a lobby, don't use it.

So what if it exists in real life?

There were 1500 bhp supras and gallardos in GT5 that also exist in real life. Does it make it fair racing them vs normal supras and gallardos on GT5? No. Do some drag racing in the game, be serious about it, then be a smartass.

NOS is a branded name for nitrous & nitrous accessories. We don't have NOS in this game, we have nitrous; or commonly known as N2O. Valid points aren't valid unless using straight facts, and Janco is speaking about people using it cheaply to win when their tune alone can't do it. Whoever's tune allows them to hit the nitrous button first is the one who will win the race in these situations; I've seen people online who brag their tune is made for "launch with full nitrous", so how can we compete with that unless we do it the exact same way?

I tune for both situations, since more lobbies allow it than prohibit it, so I am not overly disadvantaged when these guys start spraying as soon as they get off the line. People who have no previous knowledge of tuning from the fact to make the gear long enough so it doesn't hit redline while spraying. I tune for it incase the situation arises, but that doesn't mean I support it. I prefer lobbies that prohibit.

I just think the option of lobbies allowing and disallowing nitrous negates the argument of the drag community being killed. There are many people out there who are thrilled with nitrous, so they can join lobbies where it's allowed. If you can't stand it, join a lobby where it's prohibited. It's a bit like saying SRF or Driving Line is killing racing, these things can be prohibited - i've persuaded many hosts to switch things on/off with a kind word.
So what if it exists in real life?
There were 1500 bhp supras and gallardos in GT5 that also exist in real life. Does it make it fair racing them vs normal supras and gallardos on GT5? No. Do some drag racing in the game, be serious about it, then be a smartass.
I find it interesting how everyone with a different point of view to you gets labelled a 'smartass'. Also, your point about tuned cars vs stock cars is rubbish if you don't mind me saying. That situation would never be a problem because 99.9% of drag racing i've ever come across features cars modified in some way - if you turn up in a bone-stock car and get beaten hands down, don't blame it on them.

It's not the nitrous that's killing the game. It's the kids that have to lie about using it, that are killing the game.

If you're going to use it, be straight up about it. Some of us are actually trying to tune against others in the same car. Kinda hard to do that when kids are spraying, and denying that they're doing it.

And comparing GT drag racing to real life drag racing is ridiculous.

It's not the nitrous that's killing the game. It's the kids that have to lie about using it, that are killing the game.

If you're going to use it, be straight up about it. Some of us are actually trying to tune against others in the same car. Kinda hard to do that when kids are spraying, and denying that they're doing it.

...and that's why anyone against nitrous should only join lobbies where it is prohibited. I know you shouldn't have to, but it's the only way you can be 100% certain.

I find it interesting how everyone with a different point of view to you gets labelled a 'smartass'. Also, your point about tuned cars vs stock cars is rubbish if you don't mind me saying. That situation would never be a problem because 99.9% of drag racing i've ever come across features cars modified in some way - if you turn up in a bone-stock car and get beaten hands down, don't blame it on them.

It's not the people who disagree with me. It's the people who have no idea how the GT Drag racing community works and they somehow think they do. Where exactly did I say a stock car vs a tuned one? You trying to put words into my mouth doesn't exactly help.

But let me try to take the situation you gave as an example and explain. If two guys agree on racing stock cars, and one secretly has lets say stage 1 engine tuning on his car. The said individual will win the race claiming it was equal. Fair? Maybe in your head, not in mine. It's the same with nitrous and SRF.

Anyway, this is all I wanted to say in my first comment, and that makes all yours and the person I forst quoted arguments invalid.

Where exactly did I say a stock car vs a tuned one? You trying to put words into my mouth doesn't exactly help.
"racing them vs normal supras and gallardos"

But let me try to take the situation you gave as an example and explain. If two guys agree on racing stock cars, and one secretly has lets say stage 1 engine tuning on his car. The said individual will win the race claiming it was equal. Fair? Maybe in your head, not in mine. It's the same with nitrous and SRF.
But you can just go in a lobby that does not allow nitrous. You are just avoiding the very simple solution. And when did I say it was fair racing stock vs tuned? I said if you race people with nitrous in a car that doesn't, don't go on the offensive because they use it. You have the easy option of avoiding rooms allowing nitrous, but if you join anyway and become irate with people using it, what on earth do you expect?

"racing them vs normal supras and gallardos"

But you can just go in a lobby that does not allow nitrous. You are just avoiding the very simple solution.

Normal as in fully upgraded and tuned. That used to be 725 bhp for the supra and 763 bhp for the gallardo if I remember correctly. It's what used to be the norm.

But why would I want a NOS prohibited lobby if I know it is going to be empty? I may aswell play singleplayer then.

If they are empty, then maybe you should get some friends together. I'm sure you're not the only one who doesn't like nitrous (as the opening posts of this thread proves), so maybe you could populate the lobbies. Or, you can do what I said before, a quick word with the right host and you can get the settings changed.

Noobs comming in here and trying to play all smartass on everyone here who has been doing it for some time now (3+ years when talking about multiplayer) are really starting to 🤬 me off. Let me ask you, do you know how this works? We don't even have a tree like in real life, don't have drag slicks like in real life, don't have a strip like in real life. GT Drag racing is nothing like real life, it's only what the community made up. PD never planned it to be!

:lol: Wow, aren't you polite. He asked a simple question, he wasn't trying to be smart.

If you don't know how to use nitrous don't use it at all.

Janco just make a friends lobby only and if your friends want nitrous to see how certain cars compete then so be it.

I feel like the people that are strongly advocating the use of nitrous tend to be a bit slower, and have no idea what they are doing when it comes to tuning.

Kind of makes me want to go throw some BS tunes on a few cars just to use nitrous and make them feel bad.

Example: I was in a lobby the other day, and a guy was talking about launching his bugatti in 4th gear. The power he was making with the nitrous was just causing him to spin.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I create a room last night I never seen an option for toggling off nitrous. I looked for ever.

It still doesn't change the fact that it will still be hard finding true tuners to drag against and the fact my room most of the time will stay empty because of nitrous spamming. Which is why I say drag racing is dying in gt period point made by myself and janco.

Like I said coming to gtp all the time to look for a decent time in a drag room would be annoying, and yes I do go into a number of rooms labeled no nos only to find 90% people still using it. The other 10% are not tuning correctly at all instead asking me for a setup when I'm also trying to get my feet down.

I guess gt5 has spoiled a lot of "regulars". This wrong in gt6 can't be righted no matter how you create your drag room .

Ps: my psn is tha jabberwocky

any test n tuners just send me fr

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I create a room last night I never seen an option for toggling off nitrous. I looked for ever.

It still doesn't change the fact that it will still be hard finding true tuners to drag against and the fact my room most of the time will stay empty because of nitrous spamming.

1. It's in The second to last column when in the menus I'll post a pic.

2. It's not hard to find 'true tuners'. Majority of the people on my friend list are 'true tuners' and say whether they're spraying or not. In my opinion you're hanging in the wrong room.

1. It's in The second to last column when in the menus I'll post a pic.

2. It's not hard to find 'true tuners'. Majority of the people on my friend list are 'true tuners' and say whether they're spraying or not. In my opinion you're hanging in the wrong room.

Lol I'm hanging in the suggested titled lobbies lol.

A pic would be nice

The reaction of getting called-out for Nos :rolleyes:
FampF2010_zps728d1c43.jpg

(Sorry, I had to, was too easy :lol:)​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back