Nostalgic for a loose, fast FWD: i.e. Fumes GT3 Spoon Civic

• Thread starter RiffleKing
  • 15 comments
Is it me or has GT6 really tightened up handling on everything? RWD seems to be much easier to drive than it used to be and FWD plows as much as it ever has.

Back in the GT3 days, a tuner by the name of Fumes made this amazing tune for the Spoon Civic. It would smoothly transition to throttle off/breaking oversteer around a corner and grip it's self back into shape at any point. It was also FAST.

It remains my most memorable GT vehicle.

I don't care what car it is but can anyone recommend a FWD or AWD tune or tuner that gives similar results while remaining competitive?

Thanks

Is it me or has GT6 really tightened up handling on everything? RWD seems to be much easier to drive than it used to be and FWD plows as much as it ever has.

Back in the GT3 days, a tuner by the name of Fumes made this amazing tune for the Spoon Civic. It would smoothly transition to throttle off/breaking oversteer around a corner and grip it's self back into shape at any point. It was also FAST.

It remains my most memorable GT vehicle.

I don't care what car it is but can anyone recommend a FWD or AWD tune or tuner that gives similar results while remaining competitive?

Thanks

Try this FF online race tune made long ago, it has been used and won races :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-tune-tein-nismo.294814/page-97#post-10598104

Try this FF online race tune made long ago, it has been used and won races :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-tune-tein-nismo.294814/page-97#post-10598104

This is a very fast car! It is fun to drive too. Thanks again for sharing. I still get some mid corner understeer and it wants to pull to the outside under throttle. I'm sure that it cannot lap much faster than it does though 👍

Here is the GT 3 Fumes tune I mentioned:
http://www.gtvault.com/gt3/setup-view/s_sid::319/Spoon-Spoon-Civic-Type-R(J)/

It really was a bizarre and extreme tune that behaved sort of like an MR vehicle. Perhaps it would not work in GT6?
The closest "feel" to it that I've found is Praiano's '90 CRX which appears to have a completely different tune philosophy.

I attempted to adapt Praiano's CRX to the Fumes tune with a level ride height, stiffer rear spring and different front/rear tires. The throttle off oversteer is not as manageable as I remember. Also, I suck at tuning and don't really know what I am doing. ^^;;

This is a very fast car! It is fun to drive too. Thanks again for sharing. I still get some mid corner understeer and it wants to pull to the outside under throttle. I'm sure that it cannot lap much faster than it does though 👍

Here is the GT 3 Fumes tune I mentioned:
http://www.gtvault.com/gt3/setup-view/s_sid::319/Spoon-Spoon-Civic-Type-R(J)/

It really was a bizarre and extreme tune that behaved sort of like an MR vehicle. Perhaps it would not work in GT6?
The closest "feel" to it that I've found is Praiano's '90 CRX which appears to have a completely different tune philosophy.

I attempted to adapt Praiano's CRX to the Fumes tune with a level ride height, stiffer rear spring and different front/rear tires. The throttle off oversteer is not as manageable as I remember. Also, I suck at tuning and don't really know what I am doing. ^^;;

That fumes spoon sure is extreme with tire selection :D Did you tried the March with similar tire mix ? The tune is on the safer side, and I just remembered a Civic FD2 tune that I made for a team championship that has won all the races in FITT BTCC ( here in GTP )

Mugen CIVIC SSR FD2 Civic Type R Civic One Make Champion Car Replica Specially Build for FITT BTCC 305HP 481PP Sports Soft

It was raced at Brands Hatch and Silverstone online against driver/tuner team from this tuning forum.

You inspired me to buy this car and test it, even I try to avoid all "troll"-cars.
It's indeed quick, but most of all stable and fun car. Made stable track tune, after playing bit with looser rear.

How fast it should be? This probably knocks flat 7 min on RS/450pp. On SS/noABS 7:30 at fist test drive.

@randyrockstiff understand your love, tried with RS/450pp/noABS and first try give 7:07, tried with RS/500pp/noABS and it gave 6:49 on first time.
Both RS tryouts are having slight problem, 450 has minor problem with brakes what aren't adjusted for RS, need more. 500 has same brake problem plus LSD starts to slip bit.

This is car which should stay on one-make room.

@randyrockstiff understand your love, tried with RS/450pp/noABS and first try give 7:07, tried with RS/500pp/noABS and it gave 6:49 on first time.
Both RS tryouts are having slight problem, 450 has minor problem with brakes what aren't adjusted for RS, need more. 500 has same brake problem plus LSD starts to slip bit.

This is car which should stay on one-make room.

I'm curious, are you guys using the Fumes tune? Have you tried putting RS front and RH rear tires on it?

I'm curious, are you guys using the Fumes tune? Have you tried putting RS front and RH rear tires on it?
Not tried, car has already good throttle steering, actually had to reduce it bit to get car faster/stable.
I have my own style FWD tune, simple and smooth to go.

Mazda 2 '03
At 400pp I'm not sure if it fits the fast part but its one of my favourite FF cars to drive 👍

Good to hear! I've always liked the look of that car and have one already. I will try to put something together for it.

@randyrockstiff and @OdeFinn, nice driving and tuning. I am envious of you ring rats. I need to take the time to learn the big track.
@OdeFinn Haha, this is a troll car? I think it is doing us a favor by not being an Elise or Chap-Vac.

Some of my favorite cars thus far include @Rotary Junkie 's suggested Scirocco. I wonder if they're really anything like this!?
The Honda 1600 Coupe is crazy fast and fun. @feydrautha 's tune works really well for it.

As a latecomer to the game, I've used the Brands Hatch seasonal to audition a bunch of European cars and grind up some credits. I am currently in the process finding tunes for all these new cars. I remember being surprised by the MG TF160 '03. The little Peugeots are always great too.

I found an AWD sleeper in the '98 S4 and had to make a tune immediately. There were none on GT Planet. I may publish it if I get around to it. Please do not laugh if I do! :lol: Some of the more experienced tuners should look at this car if they haven't. I think it handles more like a little RS8 in stock form than an Audi sedan.

I still need to try some more of @Ridox2JZGTE tunes. The March is very fast but also very stable.

@RiffleKing I'll drop that civic tune on my garage soon as having time on ps3. Possibly including rear loose variation also, gonna check few ways to give a good FWD "drifter". (And no way to use negative rear toe for that)
Also revealing "fitt" BTR too.(ups, it's under embargo till 26th)

Edit: Civic tune published on my garage.

Last edited:
Back