Not a lot like racing above 500 PP

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishHunters
  • 43 comments
  • 4,088 views
I found a few rooms last weekend that were running between 500 and 650. It was a great time!!
 
400-520pp here with sports softs.

But I'm having tons of fun in the 450pp range, sports soft.
 
450 is the sweet spot for me. I've got a friend list full of drivers that will hit the same tracks night after night in various themed 450pp cars. We all know the brake zones and corner speeds on sport soft tires (although occasionally we run comfort soft). Its enough power to keep things interesting and it allows wheel drivers to race alongside DS3 drivers without incidents.
 
450 is the sweet spot for me. I've got a friend list full of drivers that will hit the same tracks night after night in various themed 450pp cars. We all know the brake zones and corner speeds on sport soft tires (although occasionally we run comfort soft). Its enough power to keep things interesting and it allows wheel drivers to race alongside DS3 drivers without incidents.

I think I've raced with you already some time ago... :P 450pp yeah!
 
I race with some friends who run Super GT with a 620 PP cap on Racing Hard tires.

The races are fun and challenging. But, in the open lobby there are quite a few people coming in who can't drive cars at this performance level on these tires, which is very annoying.

I like racing just about anything, but especially street cars between 400-550 PP on sports tires.
 
450pp sports softs is the zone where I feel more comfortable, but also where I have found the most respectful and mature online drivers. My Nordschleife replay footage collection is growing on a daily basis with crash-free clean races that look like any GT5 official teaser.

Add me if you enjoy this kind of racing too. My online ID is GTP_Calamar. Just put 450pp on the subject or the message body so I know you're adding me because of this thread.
 
I prefer the 400-500pp sports soft rooms because my favorite cars are generally within that range, and the races are usually competitive (..besides the occasional NSX). Here and there I hop into the 500pp+ races to break the monotony, but I barely have cars tuned for those rooms.
 
I prefer 500-600PP rooms but it seems that everyone just wants to use race cars on soft tires. I like stock supercars on sports hards.
 
Last edited:
I like races with regular sports cars like the M3, RX-7, or any TVR.
 
I usually race in the series specific rooms, like DTM, Super GT, and sometimes the Le Mans Prototype rooms. Not sure of the exact PP, though.
 
Just started a racing league for those who like to race the race cars: International High Performance Racing League! The IHPRL is a league for those who enjoy racing the highest performing cars in the GT series. We like to go fast! We also like a challenge that improves our skills! Imagine driving the Jag XJ13 or Ford Mk IV around La Sarthe at Night! Or speeding around Nurburgring in a Nissan Xanavi in the rain at night in traiffic! We will also be providing a championship series of competitive events! So if you like to barrel down the track at top speeds in dry, wet, day or night conditions join us here!
 
Last edited:
I'm finding not a lot of people like racing much above 500 performance points. That's where a lot of the top performing street cars are. My favorite cars are in the 600-650pp range; (Super GT) Nismo Xanavi, Zonda R.

What's your preference?

Well if you make a 700PP server mainly for prototypes, it will fill very quick.
But just as u said, its pretty hard to gather people for a 600-650PP (i like 600pp more) race car race.

I think this has nothing to do with the PP because I mainly open 550PP-600PP road car servers (mainly on sport softs) and always find enough people to race with. Seems like that there are not many people up to a super gt/dtm race
 
My favorites list is completely made up of 500 PP cars.

I generally don't like the high PP races because they devolve into crashfests or spend too much time on the ring or le sarthe.

Besides that, 500 has the most variety of competitive cars from what I've seen.
 
I find that at around 600pp it becomes less about actually driving and more about who's fastest on the straight. Most of those people don't do turns well, but will try to make up with it with ridiculous straight away speed.

I will say, though, I went into a Super GT room once and it was loads of fun. I'll do it more often if I can catch it.
 
Back